The Student Room Group

Paramedic science application 2022

Hello, so I’ve sent my application for paramedic science to Portsmouth, UWE, Gloucestershire and Oxford brookes. I was just wondering if anyone knew how long they take to process your application? I understand they’ll be really busy so not expecting it to be anytime soon however, would be nice to hear from past applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This was in 2015/16, but I applied on 14th November and got my invite to interview 19th November for Portsmouth (interview date 15th Feb) , and then my offer came through on 24th February.
That's especially quick for a university to respond, and this was obviously quite a few years ago so I'm not sure how that compares to now.
Best of luck!
Reply 2
Original post by PAR2MED
This was in 2015/16, but I applied on 14th November and got my invite to interview 19th November for Portsmouth (interview date 15th Feb) , and then my offer came through on 24th February.
That's especially quick for a university to respond, and this was obviously quite a few years ago so I'm not sure how that compares to now.
Best of luck!

Okay that’s brilliant thank you. It’s just nice to gauge an idea of when you may get some responses if that makes sense.
Original post by Lucycox124
Hello, so I’ve sent my application for paramedic science to Portsmouth, UWE, Gloucestershire and Oxford brookes. I was just wondering if anyone knew how long they take to process your application? I understand they’ll be really busy so not expecting it to be anytime soon however, would be nice to hear from past applicants

Hi! @Lucycox124

You've applied early, but someone should be in contact around November. However, this may differ each year depending on how many people apply and what the course is currently doing admin wise.

Good luck with your application!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:

have you applied for 2023? as i have to practically the same uni's also?
Reply 5
Original post by caitlinmae...
have you applied for 2023? as i have to practically the same uni's also?

Hi so I’ve applied for January 2023 for both uwe and Gloucestershire if that helps?
Reply 6
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi! @Lucycox124

You've applied early, but someone should be in contact around November. However, this may differ each year depending on how many people apply and what the course is currently doing admin wise.

Good luck with your application!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:

That absolutely brilliant thank you!
Hi so I’ve applied for January 2023 for both uwe and Gloucestershire if that helps?

Hi! Yeah so have i :smile: good luck with everything! hope it all goes to plan :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by caitlinmae...
Hi! Yeah so have i :smile: good luck with everything! hope it all goes to plan :smile:

Same with you!! If you want to talk any time add me on Snapchat: lucy_xoxo2 I’ve not spoke to anyone applying to glos or uwe for January!
Same with you!! If you want to talk any time add me on Snapchat: lucy_xoxo2 I’ve not spoke to anyone applying to glos or uwe for January!

lush! ill add you soon - yeah im really scared too so it would be lovely to chat to someone about it :smile:
I'm applying for Brookes Paramedic Science 2022 too. Went to their open day and they said you should be invited for an interview by the end of November if you get your application in now and they should get back to you within 24/48 hours after the interview :smile: good luck!Is Brookes your first choice?
Reply 11
Original post by zahrakhan15
I'm applying for Brookes Paramedic Science 2022 too. Went to their open day and they said you should be invited for an interview by the end of November if you get your application in now and they should get back to you within 24/48 hours after the interview :smile: good luck!Is Brookes your first choice?

Oh no way! Haven’t spoke to anyone applying to any of the same unis really aha. Oh that’s really good then! It’s just nice to get an idea of when you might hear as the waiting is awful haha. Good luck to you too! I’m not deciding anything until I’ve heard back and know if I’m even offered a place. How about you?
I have applied to Bournemouth, UWE, Greenwich, Plymouth, and SGUL if anyone else has?
Oh no way! Haven’t spoke to anyone applying to any of the same unis really aha. Oh that’s really good then! It’s just nice to get an idea of when you might hear as the waiting is awful haha. Good luck to you too! I’m not deciding anything until I’ve heard back and know if I’m even offered a place. How about you?

Spoiler

Reply 14
Original post by zahrakhan15

Spoiler

just added you :smile:

My daughter applied in Sept 2020 for sept 2021 intake. She had offers of interview from UWE and OB by end of Oct and interviews in the first 2 weeks of Dec. Heard back from interview within 24 hours UWE and 12 days from OB. Had an offer of interview with Portsmouth by end of November and interviewed mid jan. Didn't hear back from them until end of April. Best of luck

Hello!! I'm applying for paramedic science 2022 and sent my application off on the 5th of November - I applied to Greenwich, Plymouth, Surrey, Brighton, and St. George's. Plymouth sent me an offer to interview on the 9th and I had my interview on the 18th, they sent me a rejection today (23rd) so very fast there lol!! Greenwich sent me an invite to interview on the 19th and my interview is on the 13th of December. Surrey sent me one on the 22nd of November for the 6th January, St George's the 23rd of November for the 14th January and I'm yet to hear back from Brighton yet :-) Have you heard back from any of yours yet?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by 15bethie
Hello!! I'm applying for paramedic science 2022 and sent my application off on the 5th of November - I applied to Greenwich, Plymouth, Surrey, Brighton, and St. George's. Plymouth sent me an offer to interview on the 9th and I had my interview on the 18th, they sent me a rejection today (23rd) so very fast there lol!! Greenwich sent me an invite to interview on the 19th and my interview is on the 13th of December. Surrey sent me one last night (22nd) and I'm yet to hear back from the other two yet :-) Have you heard back from any of yours yet?

Very useful, my application went off today waiting to hear back in the next week.
Original post by HelloItsKat_23
Very useful, my application went off today waiting to hear back in the next week.

Good luck!! They seem to be replying to applications super fast :-)
Reply 19
Original post by 15bethie
Hello!! I'm applying for paramedic science 2022 and sent my application off on the 5th of November - I applied to Greenwich, Plymouth, Surrey, Brighton, and St. George's. Plymouth sent me an offer to interview on the 9th and I had my interview on the 18th, they sent me a rejection today (23rd) so very fast there lol!! Greenwich sent me an invite to interview on the 19th and my interview is on the 13th of December. Surrey sent me one on the 22nd of November for the 6th January, St George's the 23rd of November for the 14th January and I'm yet to hear back from Brighton yet :-) Have you heard back from any of yours yet?

I got 2 interview offers, did an interview then got an offer from my top choice. So then I withdrew my application from all the others even if I hadn’t heard because I really wanted my top choice! X

Quick Reply

Latest