The Student Room Group

how to tell if a guy likes me back

i have a crush on this guy who lives in the flat below me in our uni accommodation. I'm not his "type", but yesterday we both got really drunk and I told him that I liked him and he said "I think I like you too" but then today when I sent him a message saying I would game with him, I was left on delivered for 5 hours... (still hasn't opened the message) i don't know if I should just give up or if there's something I'm just not getting :/
I’m a uni student too and I think you should relax and lay back 💕. If a guy likes you, he’ll put in the effort also bare in mind the “I think” so he’s not sure. Give him time and space, do your thing by focusing on yourself and “forget about it”, if he does actually like you back then he’ll make a move of some sort. No matter how much a girl chases a guy, if he’s not interested like it won’t work but with us girls our minds can be changed over time. You’ve told him so he knows now, let him do the work. If he snaps you back then cool. If you’re on delivered for more time then cool but relax xx
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I’m a uni student too and I think you should relax and lay back 💕. If a guy likes you, he’ll put in the effort also bare in mind the “I think” so he’s not sure. Give him time and space, do your thing by focusing on yourself and “forget about it”, if he does actually like you back then he’ll make a move of some sort. No matter how much a girl chases a guy, if he’s not interested like it won’t work but with us girls our minds can be changed over time. You’ve told him so he knows now, let him do the work. If he snaps you back then cool. If you’re on delivered for more time then cool but relax xx

yeah, I think you're right! I do have a habit of overthinking things which definitely doesn't help but I'm gonna take your advice and lay back for now thank you! :smile:
i have a crush on this guy who lives in the flat below me in our uni accommodation. I'm not his "type", but yesterday we both got really drunk and I told him that I liked him and he said "I think I like you too" but then today when I sent him a message saying I would game with him, I was left on delivered for 5 hours... (still hasn't opened the message) i don't know if I should just give up or if there's something I'm just not getting :/

Ha I've got a crush on the guy who's staying in the flat above me in our uni accom, and idk bout type, but him and I well, we get along well but he's more into casual making out and while I do do that, I feel too attracted to want to keep it casual, and we did end up making out at the last flat party but he was sober and I was drunk and he didn't want to keep it going since he felt bad that I was drunk and if I didn't want it, lasted a long time but eventually he said we'd pick it up when I was sober, and the next day we just texted like normal friends - I tried hinting cause I thought he wasn't sure I remembered, but now idk it confuses me too since he didn't pick up on the hints. So I get what you mean, I'd say what the person above said, give it time and relax, if he wants it he'll make a move and he might need some time, and I'll try and do the same too

Just know you ain't alone :smile:
Reply 4
Ha I've got a crush on the guy who's staying in the flat above me in our uni accom, and idk bout type, but him and I well, we get along well but he's more into casual making out and while I do do that, I feel too attracted to want to keep it casual, and we did end up making out at the last flat party but he was sober and I was drunk and he didn't want to keep it going since he felt bad that I was drunk and if I didn't want it, lasted a long time but eventually he said we'd pick it up when I was sober, and the next day we just texted like normal friends - I tried hinting cause I thought he wasn't sure I remembered, but now idk it confuses me too since he didn't pick up on the hints. So I get what you mean, I'd say what the person above said, give it time and relax, if he wants it he'll make a move and he might need some time, and I'll try and do the same too

Just know you ain't alone :smile:

Ahhhh omg this is really similar to me! He tried to kiss me that night we were both rlly drunk but I said I wanted to wait until I was sober but I had been giving hints but like you I don’t think he’s picking up on them 😭 I’m not gonna send anymore messages (STILL hasn’t opened it by the way 😭) and just see what happens 😊 thank you for your advice!
So I fancy this guy as well at uni, and we both are friends. We both are working on a presentation, and we message each other a bit, but we also meet up to do some university work and then after that we just causally hang out. Every time we hang out, he would be standing really close to me, touching my waist sometimes and the occasional eye contact - the thing is I'm too shy with eye contact lol. But if he wants you, he would definitely be putting in effort to stay in contact with you, asking to meet up, messaging. Don't be so hung about it, we all are at university, and basically university literally means having fun :wink: , you're going to meet so many other lads and those are the ones who would be interested in getting to know you :smile:
So I fancy this guy as well at uni, and we both are friends. We both are working on a presentation, and we message each other a bit, but we also meet up to do some university work and then after that we just causally hang out. Every time we hang out, he would be standing really close to me, touching my waist sometimes and the occasional eye contact - the thing is I'm too shy with eye contact lol. But if he wants you, he would definitely be putting in effort to stay in contact with you, asking to meet up, messaging. Don't be so hung about it, we all are at university, and basically university literally means having fun :wink: , you're going to meet so many other lads and those are the ones who would be interested in getting to know you :smile:

COMPLETELY agree with you, there’s so many guys at uni like they’ll be the unserious who want fun and the ones that ACTUALLY would absolutely love to get to know you. Also the fact that our age like guys wait awhile to see how you are, I feel like no one just comes up to ask for your snap at uni because we’re all basically adults so someone could’ve seen you around like a couple of times and won’t say anything to you because they’re “watching”, if that makes sense x
Ahhhh omg this is really similar to me! He tried to kiss me that night we were both rlly drunk but I said I wanted to wait until I was sober but I had been giving hints but like you I don’t think he’s picking up on them 😭 I’m not gonna send anymore messages (STILL hasn’t opened it by the way 😭) and just see what happens 😊 thank you for your advice!

Yeaaaa this is super similar lol, well when we ended up kissing, it could have gone places but he kept holding back saying that he wanted to wait for me to be sober, was cursing his moral standards between breaths of kissing 😂 And I get what you mean, guys can be idiots at getting hints sometimes, and ouch well just hold on.

This guy's flatmates are also close with me, they've invited me over for movie nights and we've all made cookies together and stuff, I've cooked them all dinner when they've been super drunk or cleaning up from a flat party the previous night - and one of the girls who is pretty much his twin sister told me that he isn't the dating type and is kinda scared of commitment which I get cause that used to be me a few years back.

Anyways, last night at another party, I met this other guy who's also super cute and hot, stays nearby but he treats me so well and makes an effort and we spent the entire time together after we got kicked out of the party for being too cheesy lmao (everyone pushed us out and told us to legit go get a room), but again my point being, there's gonna be some cute guy out there, if this one doesn't see the signs, he's an idiot for loosing out on someone like you.
Reply 8
Omg thank you for the advice!! I just found out through a friend that he’s not looking for a relationship which sucks but at least I know now! I do feel a bit stupid but I’d rather know now and not have done anything than find out later and done something I’d regret :smile:
Reply 9
COMPLETELY agree with you, there’s so many guys at uni like they’ll be the unserious who want fun and the ones that ACTUALLY would absolutely love to get to know you. Also the fact that our age like guys wait awhile to see how you are, I feel like no one just comes up to ask for your snap at uni because we’re all basically adults so someone could’ve seen you around like a couple of times and won’t say anything to you because they’re “watching”, if that makes sense x

Just found out he’s not looking for a relationship but I’llI’ll keep that in mind! thank you!
Yeaaaa this is super similar lol, well when we ended up kissing, it could have gone places but he kept holding back saying that he wanted to wait for me to be sober, was cursing his moral standards between breaths of kissing 😂 And I get what you mean, guys can be idiots at getting hints sometimes, and ouch well just hold on.

This guy's flatmates are also close with me, they've invited me over for movie nights and we've all made cookies together and stuff, I've cooked them all dinner when they've been super drunk or cleaning up from a flat party the previous night - and one of the girls who is pretty much his twin sister told me that he isn't the dating type and is kinda scared of commitment which I get cause that used to be me a few years back.

Anyways, last night at another party, I met this other guy who's also super cute and hot, stays nearby but he treats me so well and makes an effort and we spent the entire time together after we got kicked out of the party for being too cheesy lmao (everyone pushed us out and told us to legit go get a room), but again my point being, there's gonna be some cute guy out there, if this one doesn't see the signs, he's an idiot for loosing out on someone like you.

Omg thank you so much! Reading this made my cry omg T-T that was such a a sweet message. It didn’t work out for me in the end (a friend told me he told her he wasn’t ready to be in a relationship after telling her I had a crush on him :frown:) but I’m gonna cling onto what you said hahahah thank you!!!! :smile:
I’m also super close with his flat (some of us are getting a house for next year) and I was just with them all and I found out that they all know I had a crush on him which is SO EMBARRASSING but hey I’ll get over it 😭

I’m also super close with his flat (some of us are getting a house for next year) and I was just with them all and I found out that they all know I had a crush on him which is SO EMBARRASSING but hey I’ll get over it 😭
Omg thank you so much! Reading this made my cry omg T-T that was such a a sweet message. It didn’t work out for me in the end (a friend told me he told her he wasn’t ready to be in a relationship after telling her I had a crush on him :frown:) but I’m gonna cling onto what you said hahahah thank you!!!! :smile:

Awww you're welcome, see i haven't even met you but u genuinly seem like such a frigign sweet person, and the flat guy isnt into relationships either, he told his flatmate girl who's close with me and she told me and i told her tis fine cause i knew he wasn't that kinda guy and I mean the other guy is sweet and I'm seeing where it goes...

It sucks but trust me, you seem like an amazing person and someone's gonna make a move to make you his cause you're worth it. Just know that most guys at uni wanna "live the life" and get wreaked and party and not many wanna get into a commitment that soon but when the time is right, some dude's gonna give it all for calling you his

Ooooooo
Awww that sucks but I mean it might have been obvious, I feel like in things like this, when ya crushing on someone, everyone except the idiot being crushed on can see the signs, its just them being oblivious idiots sigh
Idk if anyones still following this but update: I’m over it now! Finally hahahah 😭😭😭😂😂😂 but yeah I’m doing okay now and he said he likes someone else and I didn’t feel upset at all! I’m proud of myself :smile: (truth be told I also like another guy who does a similar course to me now but idek his name 😭 I’ll try and find out and maybe I’ll post it here if I see him again!)
Idk if anyones still following this but update: I’m over it now! Finally hahahah 😭😭😭😂😂😂 but yeah I’m doing okay now and he said he likes someone else and I didn’t feel upset at all! I’m proud of myself :smile: (truth be told I also like another guy who does a similar course to me now but idek his name 😭 I’ll try and find out and maybe I’ll post it here if I see him again!)

Awww thats amazing! Glad it worked out for you, and I hope you find happiness in the new guy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending