The Student Room Group

Have you been exposed to covid and avoided it?

How long was exposure?

I had 3 positive cases in my house and I never caught it. I was wondering if anyone else had a lucky escape from covid

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Both my parents had it at the same time and I didn't catch it
Reply 2
Original post by jayls
Both my parents had it at the same time and I didn't catch it

Did you avoid them?
Worked in a covid ward for 6 months and didn't get it.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Did you avoid them?

Yep, stayed in my room as often as I could and didn't touch anything they had
Reply 5
Same as you op.
Reply 6
I was sat with my friend all Sunday dyer noon and now she’s tested positive. What are the chances of me having it?
My sister had it and I didn’t catch it, I didn’t even avoid her.. not sure how I didn't get it
Reply 8
Afternoon* not sure what’s wrong with my phone atm 😂😅
I was sat with my friend all Sunday dyer noon and now she’s tested positive. What are the chances of me having it?

If this is recent then unless you’ve tested negative you can’t rule out an asymptomatic case.
Yes, I've been incredibly lucky.
All my tests since the pandemic started have been negative.

So many friends & people I used to live with or knew from school have died of covid since 2020.
I was with a friend when she passed away from covid at her home, helped look after her children for a few days until her husband got back.
One of the children tested positive for covid but had no other symptoms.
I’ve had a driving lesson, no masks, with someone who tested positive the day after. I didn’t get it.

2 years on and I’ve still not tested positive.
Yes a few months ago I was unknowingly sat right next to my Mum for an evening whilst she had covid but before she found out. My step dad never caught it from her and they live in the house. I'm sure by chance I've been close to others with covid and so far I don't think I've had it - no symptoms or positive LFTs anyway. But I do wonder how long it'll be before I do :lol:
immune system just built different
Well I’ve worked all through it at times with covid positive patients. My collegues etc around me/in the same office have been going off with it yet I’ve never caught it.

You might say I’ve been asymptomatic but I had a antigen blood test when the nhs were offering them last year it was negative.

I really do bellies it’s down to me being very careful I won’t touch anything with possible exposure without washing my hands after. Been on a covid positive ward today and washed my hands after touching every computor on the ward. I won’t have anyone in my car if I can help it and ask friends to do a test if they want to come round - they refuse and I look like a prick but I don’t see the point in risking it.

I’m doing a lat flow test everyday before going round to my parents house

Yea I shouldn’t speak too soon really but I am very careful. Part of me was thinking he should I let my guard down a bit as in my head it’s better catching this milder strain/getting natural immunity with recent vaccine protection (I had the booster in October) than catching it say in 3 months when vaccine immunity might have waned. If I’m going to catch it anyway in the end I’m wondering if it might as well be now, after a recent booster. This is an unpopular view though that not many would agree on.

Dunno but I think that means you are required to self-isolate now for 10 days and have lots of tests

Relatively small, if she's only just started feeling ill and taken a test today.

Really quite high, if she was already feeling grotty and the positive test was from Sunday.

Lower if you're vaccinated. The requirements for you self-isolating now may also depend on your vaccination status.
Original post by skylark2
Relatively small, if she's only just started feeling ill and taken a test today.

Really quite high, if she was already feeling grotty and the positive test was from Sunday.

Lower if you're vaccinated. The requirements for you self-isolating now may also depend on your vaccination status.

She tested positive on Sunday
Original post by PilgrimOfTruth
Dunno but I think that means you are required to self-isolate now for 10 days and have lots of tests

I’m fully vaccinated
Caught it at the end of 2020/start of 2021. Horrible 2 weeks with fatigue being the worst part (waking up at 12, going to bed at 8) and it still lingers on ever so slightly to this day.

Quick Reply

Latest