The Student Room Group

What happens if I fail a 10-credit module of an MSc and what should I do with it?

I thought I have submitted the essay but the submission process was somehow not completed. When I found out, it is already a month after the deadline. Normally, I should have received an email from the PG office 2/3 days after the deadline if the submission is I’m completed, but in this case, I didn’t. I report this to the PG office but they seem to insist that I should get a zero for that module.
Original post by Anonymous
I thought I have submitted the essay but the submission process was somehow not completed. When I found out, it is already a month after the deadline. Normally, I should have received an email from the PG office 2/3 days after the deadline if the submission is I’m completed, but in this case, I didn’t. I report this to the PG office but they seem to insist that I should get a zero for that module.

Hi there!

So the process differs between different Universities, but in general, you will get an opportunity to resit the coursework in question usually during the summer term, although this would usually be capped at 40%. I would advise you to consult your department's handbook or ask your school office to check if things are different.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi, yes I'm afraid universities do not accept electronic issues/human error when it comes to reasons why an assignment wasn't submitted, even more so now that it's a month later. Always check that you have received an email after you have tried to submit your assignment that reads 'assignment submission received' . You should be able to redo the assignment in the summer. If you are happy with the one you were going to submit just use that, or tweak it a bit and submit that. It will be capped at 40% but it means you can still pass.

- Rosie
Original post by Anonymous

Unfortunately you've learned the hard way that you must always ensure that your submission is complete. This will be stated in your student regulations. Given that you didn't investigate this for a month when you acknowledge that you would normally have received a receipt only a few days later, you really don't have any grounds for appeal or complaint.

Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
you will get an opportunity to resit the coursework in question usually during the summer term, although this would usually be capped at 40%.

Original post by hallamstudents
It will be capped at 40% but it means you can still pass.

Postgraduate work is capped at 50%, the 40% cap is for undergraduate work.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending