The Student Room Group

dropping out in third year

I'm in my final year and I've been having issues with my final year project and now want to drop out because I know that the grade I receive will have an impact on my final degree classification. How do I go about withdrawing from my studies?
You’d have to contact your university to withdraw

Don’t know if you meant it to read the way it does, but it basically reads as:
How do I quit uni? I’d rather throw away all that money and get no qualification at all instead of receiving a qualification at a lower grade than I’d like

If I were you I’d think about it, generally a low grade is better than no grade at all. And discuss your possibilities with your university first, there may be aspects to it that you haven’t thought of and they may be able to provide more support or aid you in some way. I wouldn’t make a decision until you do that as it may change your decision entirely
Reply 2
Original post by MedicWil
You’d have to contact your university to withdraw

Don’t know if you meant it to read the way it does, but it basically reads as:
How do I quit uni? I’d rather throw away all that money and get no qualification at all instead of receiving a qualification at a lower grade than I’d like

If I were you I’d think about it, generally a low grade is better than no grade at all. And discuss your possibilities with your university first, there may be aspects to it that you haven’t thought of and they may be able to provide more support or aid you in some way. I wouldn’t make a decision until you do that as it may change your decision entirely

You're right, I didn't really think it through. It's just that I've struggled so much with my final year project I know that I won't graduate with a first despite averaging a first in both first and second year. I'll discuss things with my personal tutor but thank you for the reply.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm in my final year and I've been having issues with my final year project and now want to drop out because I know that the grade I receive will have an impact on my final degree classification. How do I go about withdrawing from my studies?

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing some challenges with you studies :frown: University can be very tough at times, and although you feel the challenge is huge at the moment its worth taking a break and fully considering your options and the consequences of dropping out of your studies. As long as you are able to pass your final year project then it is worth pushing through, since you will have worked so hard so far, and having a degree with a slightly lower grade that you'd hoped is better than nothing at all!

I might be worth having a discussion with your academic tutor or student support services at the Universities to see if there is any extra guidance/support to help you get through this final term :smile: Good luck whatever you do!

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending