The Student Room Group

Boyfriend has gone away

My boyfriend has gone travelling around South America for a few weeks. How do I deal with the anxiety of him being away? The time difference is not going to help either.

Scroll to see replies

This is definitely a tricky situation. I would say, keep remembering that it's only temporary and that you'll be able to see him again in a few weeks. Also try and keep yourself busy so you're not thinking about it all the time.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend has gone travelling around South America for a few weeks. How do I deal with the anxiety of him being away? The time difference is not going to help either.

South America? Tell him to roll strapped😬
Go out with your girlfriends, spend time with your family, cousins.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by xobeauty
Go out with your girlfriends, boyfriends, spend time with your family, cousins.

Wtf???
Original post by Joel 96
Wtf???

maybe they mean male friends?
R u anxious just coz he's away? Or coz he's in SOUTH AMERICA? I'm part South American and I can tell u the legend is not a myth.... it's true the girls are hotter and more open and more fun there esp Colombianas lol! Watch the movie too...
Reply 7
Original post by agnos987
maybe they mean male friends?

I guess we'll pretend that a taken girl hanging out with other guys in her spare time is a totally cool thing to do in a relationship
Original post by Joel 96
I guess we'll pretend that a taken girl hanging out with other guys in her spare time is a totally cool thing to do in a relationship

people aren't allowed friends of the opposite sex?
Can’t you maybe, FaceTime or Skype him daily. Though maintain a form of contact and communication because it is key though it’s only a matter of few weeks.
Original post by greenmean
people aren't allowed friends of the opposite sex?

In a relationship, this is a really contextual answer, but generally no because of the dynamics that exist between males and females.
Original post by Joel 96
In a relationship, this is a really contextual answer, but generally no because of the dynamics that exist between males and females.

Bit strange, but I can't really argue with your opinion as it is just an opinion ^w^
Original post by j25_8
South America? Tell him to roll strapped😬

Ahaha I know, worried about that
Original post by candydiva
R u anxious just coz he's away? Or coz he's in SOUTH AMERICA? I'm part South American and I can tell u the legend is not a myth.... it's true the girls are hotter and more open and more fun there esp Colombianas lol! Watch the movie too...

honestly a bit of both tbh
Can’t you maybe, FaceTime or Skype him daily. Though maintain a form of contact and communication because it is key though it’s only a matter of few weeks.

I highly doubt that because he's gonna be so busy, and I'll be at work or doing uni work. Also the time difference won't help.
Original post by Jimbo1902
This is definitely a tricky situation. I would say, keep remembering that it's only temporary and that you'll be able to see him again in a few weeks. Also try and keep yourself busy so you're not thinking about it all the time.

This is very true, I am keeping myself busy but even when I'm busy I can't switch my thoughts off unfortunately.
Reply 16
Ahaha I know, worried about that

Seriously though I actually saw one of my long time friends today who told me about a trip he took to brasil. From what he told me, I’d advise your bf to take pictures. A lot of pictures so long as he’s polite about it. If he’s staying somewhere nice, he might peer over people who aren’t sharing those conditions and even though it might make him feel weird, my friend told me that he took those pictures to generally remember how thankful he should be to live in far better conditions. Apart from that, tell him to just be nice and conversate with the people who he’s going to be around and they will be nice back to him.

As for you? You’re both gonna be busy but I’d recommend you just maintained contact w eachother even if it’s one text a day. Just knowing he’s alright will put you at ease and just let him know you’re waiting for him back at home - he will appreciate that a lot & thank you for it
Original post by Joel 96

Original post by Joel 96

Really? Wow that would suggest trust issues. It would also be really sad to limit someone on who they can be friends with based on gender. So can bi/pan people not have any friends? I'd be stuck then :lol:
PERFECT TIME TO CHEAT ON HIM

Spoiler

Original post by BurstingBubbles
Really? Wow that would suggest trust issues. It would also be really sad to limit someone on who they can be friends with based on gender.

I don't know if you're aware, but guys are generally only "friends" with girls because they want to **** them, or are open to the possibility of ****ing them. As a guy, I perceive other men as natural threats because of this sexual dynamic. It's got nothing to do with trust issues in your partner. On the contrary, it's got everything to do with protecting your relationship.

In a healthy relationship, both parties should acknowledge the problems that come from having friends of the opposite sex. Men, in particular, should grow some balls. If you're letting your woman go out with some guy friends, then you've already failed her "**** testing".

Original post by BurstingBubbles
So can bi/pan people not have any friends? I'd be stuck then :lol:

A bi/pan relationship is naturally going to function differently to a heterosexual relationship.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending