The Student Room Group

ingrown hair emergency

I have a few ingrown hairs which have gotten infected and are growing painfully. My GP has no appointments anytiem soon. Do you know if i can get over the counter stuff from pharmacies to treat it?
My local pharmacies are closed tomorrow too. I'm so scared cause i had an extremely severe abscess before from an ingrown. Now i have a few growing. It had escalated literally overnight so i cant wait till next week.
call 111
i love popping stuff ----why dont u get a pin and slowly pop it and then get a tweezer and make sure u pick the hair and remove it otherwise the infection may continue and constantly put cream n after as it will be sore
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
i love popping stuff ----why dont u get a pin and slowly pop it and then get a tweezer and make sure u pick the hair and remove it otherwise the infection may continue and constantly put cream n after as it will be sore

Wtf that would make it worse!!
Reply 4
Original post by black tea
call 111

I’ve called emergency pharmacies and googled it they all say the same I need to get antibiotics from gP altho I feel I can still try more at home or they recommend creams which I don’t own. Need to wait till tomorrow whatever they say and have no transport to get anywhere now
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve called emergency pharmacies and googled it they all say the same I need to get antibiotics from gP altho I feel I can still try more at home or they recommend creams which I don’t own. Need to wait till tomorrow whatever they say and have no transport to get anywhere now

111 can arrange for you to speak to a GP

Quick Reply

Latest