The Student Room Group

UK universitites deadlines

Hello,

Could anyone tell me when are the deadlines to apply to UK universities? Can I still apply for fall 2022?
Original post by Vivi780
Hello,

Could anyone tell me when are the deadlines to apply to UK universities? Can I still apply for fall 2022?

Hey! The deadline is (was) Jan 26. Unfortunately, you won't be able to apply for fall 2022.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by supernovna
Hey! The deadline is (was) Jan 26. Unfortunately, you won't be able to apply for fall 2022.

This is incorrect, you can still apply for 2022 entry. Unfortunately, as you have missed the equal consideration deadline (26th Jan) there is no guarantee your chosen universities will consider your application. However, many universities still consider applications after the deadline, and you still have until the 30th June to apply. Should you not receive any offers, you can still apply to other universities though UCAS Extra. If you still don't have any offers by 5th July, you will go into clearing where you will be able to find courses from universities who have not filled all their places.
Original post by ollie1024
This is incorrect, you can still apply for 2022 entry. Unfortunately, as you have missed the equal consideration deadline (26th Jan) there is no guarantee your chosen universities will consider your application. However, many universities still consider applications after the deadline, and you still have until the 30th June to apply. Should you not receive any offers, you can still apply to other universities though UCAS Extra. If you still don't have any offers by 5th July, you will go into clearing where you will be able to find courses from universities who have not filled all their places.

Oh right! I had no information about this. Thanks for correcting me :smile:
The information is on the UCAS website
Original post by Vivi780
Hello,

What subject are you applying for?
Reply 6
I hope I can still make it 🥺
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by ollie1024

Omg thank you very much! I was totally hopeless. I am def trying UCAS extra.
Reply 9
Original post by McGinger
What subject are you applying for?

Oh my god sorry I didn’t see your reply. My notifs were off. I am applying for political science. Is there anything I should know?
(edited 2 years ago)
This is a useful read for late applicants.

https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/advice/ucas-application/what-to-do-if-you-miss-the-15-january-ucas-deadline-and-still-want-to-apply-to-uni
It says 15th January but it was the 26th. Do you know which universities you are going to apply to?
Original post by Vivi780
Omg thank you very much! I was totally hopeless. I am def trying UCAS extra.

I believe that you apply normally before going down the Extra route.
You can still apply with a normal, non-Extra application, to any course that is still open to applications. Just call up any Uni to check before you submit it.
Reply 13
Original post by WILLOWTREE98
This is a useful read for late applicants.

https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/advice/ucas-application/what-to-do-if-you-miss-the-15-january-ucas-deadline-and-still-want-to-apply-to-uni
It says 15th January but it was the 26th. Do you know which universities you are going to apply to?

Thank you very much! I wanted to apply to King’s College. What do you think, can I make it?
Reply 14
Original post by Admit-One
You can still apply with a normal, non-Extra application, to any course that is still open to applications. Just call up any Uni to check before you submit it.

Thank you thank you! I feel so much better! I am gonna try my best now!
Reply 15
Original post by ageshallnot
I believe that you apply normally before going down the Extra route.

I hope I wont be late for the normal one! I will try both! Thank you very much for your advice!
Original post by Vivi780
Thank you thank you! I feel so much better! I am gonna try my best now!

McGinger also put together a few tips for making a post-deadline application which you may find useful:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7164332
Note that the 26th of January is the deadline for most courses to be considered equally for entry in fall of that year. For Oxford and Cambridge, and medicine, dentistry, and vet med, the deadline is 15th of October the preceding year (i.e. of 2021, for 2022 entry), for equal consideration (which means functionally to be considered at all), except for certain courses at mature colleges (i.e. you must be over 21 years old to be applying to those colleges) at Cambridge which operate a second, later deadline (in early March I believe). The latter is quite an unusual exception though.

There is of course still the possibility to apply after the deadline but as you are not guaranteed to be considered equally, usually competitive courses won't consider your application at all. I'd suggest getting in touch with unis to ask if they will still consider an application to the course you plan to apply to this year to find out, before you go through all the effort of filling in the UCAS application potentially for nothing.

Additionally there is UCAS clearing which opens later in the year, which is where universities try to fill up empty spaces on their courses. You don't need to have already applied this year to participate in clearing (although you will at the time need to pay the full application fee and submit the clearing choices on UCAS if you do go through clearing).

As above all these deadlines and the majority of the information you will need is available on the UCAS website (the Cambridge exception above is only noted on the individual mature college websites I believe, and they do indicate you should get in touch if you plan to apply for that later deadline).
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending