The Student Room Group

Gf gave her number to another guy in the club

I have been with my gf for 2 years. We have some up and down moments but we have been happy!

Few weeks ago, I got a call and have to go my parents because of his surgery.
My was texting me every time to support during that time.
She told me that she was planning to go out with a friend of her to eat and drink smtg. So I wrote to her 3 am that night and she told me she is still chatting with her friend at the bar.

When I came back, my friend told me that she saw my gf with her friends and and another guy. They were clubbing and dancing together. When I asked her about it, she said It just bu..it, I was in the club but only with my friend…

Then when I kept asking her to tell the truth, finally she admitted that she gave her number to a guy that she met in the club and the day after she wrote him I have a bf but not going well arrange a date with him then she was regret and she blocked him.

I was really pissed of but she and her friends claim that It s not a big deal, It s not a cheating…. I wanted to break up but couldn’t do it…
What would you do if you were in my position?
Original post by Anonymous
I have been with my gf for 2 years. We have some up and down moments but we have been happy!

She told me that she was planning to go out with a friend of her to eat and drink smtg. So I wrote to her 3 am that night and she told me she is still chatting with her friend at the bar.

When I came back, my friend told me that she saw my gf with her friends and and another guy. They were clubbing and dancing together. When I asked her about it, she said It just bu..it, I was in the club but only with my friend…

Then when I kept asking her to tell the truth, finally she admitted that she gave her number to a guy that she met in the club and the day after she wrote him I have a bf but not going well arrange a date with him then she was regret and she blocked him.

I was really pissed of but she and her friends claim that It s not a big deal, It s not a cheating…. I wanted to break up but couldn’t do it…

she clearly doesn't respect or like you enough... it wasn't even like she gave her number out because she felt threatened or inclined to.. the way she brushed it off actually she didn't even brush it off she doesn't even find your relationship with her stable. She probably felt guilty for not telling you not the action .. I say you should drop her lol because it shows she doesn't prioritise you or your feelings.
Reply 2
no this is not okay. please break up - she evidently doesn't respect you or the relationship
Break up with her personally. She clearly had intent (drunk or not, etc or not) to get with another guy. Just because she didn't do it in the end, doesn't mean that it wasn't a massive deuce right in your face.

I can see how this sort of thing goes- you'll end up insecure whenever she goes out clubbing or whatever else it is these sorts do, and end up worrying- that insecurity will cause problems later, and she'll blame you for it (despite it clearly being on her for passing out her number like the town bicycle.) Those problems could manifest in you trying to forbid her from clubbing, or this sort of BS happening again and causing even worse issues later. Like fifty people have this issue on TSR every other month, and like 49/50 times, this is how it goes.

In any case, to me it's a huge red flag. You should decide for yourself whether you deserve someone who disrespects you by going out clubbing and passing her number out to random dudes while you're caring for your parents after one of 'em had some surgery. All I know is that if my lady did this sort of thing (or if I did, equally) our relationship would be over before an apology was even shot across the bow.
Break up probably, her friends are just trying to bail her out. She repeatedly lied to you, told people she considers your relationship crap and has sadly likely been shopping around before, this is the first time she was caught. The fact she didn't actually go with the guy doesn't really matter imo.
break up with her 😭 that’s so disrespectful, if she genuinely liked you she wouldn’t do that
she wrote him I have a bf but not going well arrange a date with him

Break up asap. It's cheating. At least with this, you know how she feels about the relationship. Don't be manipulated into less than you're worth. What have your friends said? They will likely agree with me.
Original post by SagaciousSag
Break up asap. It's cheating. At least with this, you know how she feels about the relationship. Don't be manipulated into less than you're worth. What have your friends said? They will likely agree with me.

All of them are saying It s a red flag!
Only her parents and friends are claiming, this is not a big deal, and they were claiming that I should also take responsibility from her actions.
At the end, I feel like It s my fault… feel like s..t!!
Only her parents and friends are claiming, this is not a big deal, and they were claiming that I should also take responsibility from her actions.

Wait, what?

I think you'd be doing yourself a huge favour by cutting contact with this family of lax standards.

This isn't your fault unless there's some huge extra details you aren't sharing. Parents asking you to take responsibility for the poor moral fibre and upbringing of their kids if frankly hilarious. I'd walk away laughing from the lot of them, it's barely even worth popping the dad in the mouth for such stupidity.
Usually actions speak louder than words, but in this case, its both. Her actions of her doing it, then brushing it off like its nothing is disrepectful to you.
But what she also said spells out that shes either a) not happy, or b) does not value the relationship as seriously as you do

this is not your fault. she is her own person and she chose to make that decision I am telling you she will end up cheating behind your back if you do not end things. The only person you are responsible for is yourself why put yourself through a spiral of overthinking and maybe even trust issues. I know it is a lot but put yourself first and leave her SHE DOES NOT VALUE YOU.
Original post by StriderHort
I think you'd be doing yourself a huge favour by cutting contact with this family of lax standards.

This isn't your fault unless there's some huge extra details you aren't sharing. Parents asking you to take responsibility for the poor moral fibre and upbringing of their kids if frankly hilarious. I'd walk away laughing from the lot of them, it's barely even worth popping the dad in the mouth for

I m not hiding anything huge extra details, but as I said we had some up and down moments like every relationship has, but I have never ever thought about cheating.. She said she trust me a lot!
All of her friends did the same ( even more), her mother did the same and her father was ok with that! There are more important things in this life… That s what I kept hearing!
They say It s cultural conflict….

They say It s cultural conflict….

Then their 'culture' isn't worth respecting frankly. Run.

its not looking good brev, its not looking good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending