The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Prestige Student Living sketchy company?

Greetings, so I’ve applied for accommodation at prestige student living - hill view place. The way they deal with their client is so dodgy. They are demanding me to pay my rent now when in the agreement I had until the 27th of august to pay. Even their images for the rooms on their rooms on the website are all renders. I tried calling the team, all they do is pass me around from one person to another. Does anyone have any experience with this company? I’m planning on cancelling my booking due to this shady business. I’m an international student so I can’t even visit the place to check it out. It’s really making me uncomfortable.
The review on TrustPilot don't present a very flattering image of the company. See here for reviews from around the country.

These are the headlines from the 22 reviews on there (I haven't cherry-picked the bad ones - this is them all, good and bad):

Not worth it!
Horrible
THEY ARE ABSOLUTE TRASH I TELL YOU
Scammed my deposit refund from me.
Terrible company! Move in date pushed back, lectures and freshers missed!
Stay away, for your own good!
Excellent place to stay
Unreliable
AVOID!
Enjoy the air conditioner
Good Living Experience in Steel City
comfortable and convenient
Steel city is quite good at air…
Best accommodation in town
Excellent accommodation
Nice
Avoid Renslade House: Lack of care for student safety
Steel City is a nice place to stay
AVOID PRESTIGE
AVOID PRESTIGE STUDENT LIVING AT ALL…
Terrible student accommodation
Avoid Prestige at all costs
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
I’ve read them which is why I’m on the edge of wether to cancel or not.

Original post by DataVenia
The review on TrustPilot don't present a very flattering image of the company. See here for reviews from around the country.

These are the headlines from the 22 reviews on there (I haven't cherry-picked the bad ones - this is them all, good and bad):

Not worth it!
Horrible
THEY ARE ABSOLUTE TRASH I TELL YOU
Scammed my deposit refund from me.
Terrible company! Move in date pushed back, lectures and freshers missed!
Stay away, for your own good!
Excellent place to stay
Unreliable
AVOID!
Enjoy the air conditioner
Good Living Experience in Steel City
comfortable and convenient
Steel city is quite good at air…
Best accommodation in town
Excellent accommodation
Nice
Avoid Renslade House: Lack of care for student safety
Steel City is a nice place to stay
AVOID PRESTIGE
AVOID PRESTIGE STUDENT LIVING AT ALL…
Terrible student accommodation
Avoid Prestige at all costs
Can't say I've ever heard of them. I lived at UNITE in my first year in Exeter which was decent enough (at Northernhay House which was a convenient location - I had a friend who later lived in one of the other UNITE properties in Exeter and they said it was fine). Might be worth looking into that as an alternative.
Original post by artful_lounger
Can't say I've ever heard of them. I lived at UNITE in my first year in Exeter which was decent enough (at Northernhay House which was a convenient location - I had a friend who later lived in one of the other UNITE properties in Exeter and they said it was fine). Might be worth looking into that as an alternative.

Thanks bro, will do.
Reply 5
Did you end up staying with them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending