The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
which is why my point was better :smile: 220
Pretty Boy
All I can say is that I believe a sizeable chunk of society does believe it to be degrading.

And I believe it doesn't for the sake of argument. Whether or not it does or doesn't does not concern me though. If they do, they're missing out, it's fun, but that's another matter...

I guess that I can't really support this other than to say that most girls wouldn't want everyone knowing about their oral sex techniques etc

I wouldn't want them knowing, but that's because it's private - to do with me and my partner - not because I find it degrading, or think that they'd feel I'd degraded myself.

and that most guys I know think less of a girl for giving oral sex and swallowing.

So they can give oral sex and spit? Or not until ejaculation?
Reply 262
Yes, only the egg and sperm are involved in fertilisation. But Profesh said that the penis is no more relevant to fertilisation than the mouth. I disagreed; the penis is much more relevant as without it, fertilisation wouldn't happen (whereas the mouth doesn't play a part).
Anonymous
which is why my point was better :smile: 220

But I don't ever plan on having children.

So any form of sex would be purely for stimulation for me.

Iit doesn't really matter if the act I or my partner might be peforming is biologically designed for baby making. So no consenting sex act is any less legitimate or worthy for me.

Unless it's fumbly bad sex.
Reply 264
Anonymous
I agree...and have already said this...

sexual organs are those that are involved in process of reproduction. If you want to argue the case for other organs other than the vagina and penis (ie mouth) being sexual organs, than you have to differentiate between the types of oral sex, whether it is used as stimulation, or as end.

The contrivance of 'sexual organs' seems to stem from an arbitrary decision to construe as such those organs possessed of attributes which facilitate both erotic stimulus and (ultimately) reproduction: after all, many appendages are deemed subjectively 'erogenous' even so far as to induce orgasm whilst nevertheless playing but an abstract or tertiary role (if any) in reproduction; likewise, the uterus as an organ begets no stimulus but is arguably more fundamental to pro-creation than any other. Thus, the two are by no means concomitant; ergo my argument: that no organ is necessarily involved in the process of reproduction save for whatever lends itself ad hoc to facilitating the union of an egg and a sperm; to wit, there are no definitive 'pro-creatory' organs. There are merely organs which, by evolutionary co-incidence, combine susceptibility to sexual stimulus with utility in a reproductive context.

A pretty bizarre premise for a moral postulate, wouldn't you agree?
Monoxide
Yes, only the egg and sperm are involved in fertilisation. But Profesh said that the penis is no more relevant to fertilisation than the mouth. I disagreed; the penis is much more relevant as without it, fertilisation wouldn't happen (whereas the mouth doesn't play a part).

But like Profesh said, what if a slightly crude form of oral sex was traditionally used for reproduction?

Straight sex is certainly easier, but it isn't, um, the only way.
Reply 266
dogtanian
What about post 221?

I was going to reply to that actually. Again, the penis just facilitates the grand entrance of the sperm into the woman's body. The sperm is stored in the testes, the seminal fluid made by various glands in the general area.

Why else did you think you had balls?

I love you.
Reply 267
dogtanian
But I don't ever plan on having children.

So any form of sex would be purely for stimulation for me.

So it doesn't really matter if the act I or my partner might be perorming is biologically designed for baby making. So no consenting sex act is any less legitimate or worthy for me.

Unless it's fumbly bad sex.

yeah i noticed that flaw too when applied with condoms etc, but it questions blow jobs quite well...
Reply 268
Profesh
The contrivance of 'sexual organs' seems to stem from an arbitrary decision to construe as such those organs possessed of attributes which facilitate both erotic stimulus and (ultimately) reproduction: after all, many appendages are deemed subjectively 'erogenous' even so far as to induce orgasm whilst nevertheless playing but an abstract or tertiary role (if any) in reproduction; likewise, the uterus as an organ begets no stimulus but is arguably more fundamental to pro-creation than any other. Thus, the two are by no means concomitant; ergo my argument: that no organ is necessarily involved in the process of reproduction save for whatever lends itself ad hoc to facilitating the union of an egg and a sperm; to wit, there are no definitive 'pro-creatory' organs. There are merely organs which, by evolutionary co-incidence, combine susceptibility to sexual stimulus with utility in a reproductive context.

A pretty bizarre premise for a moral postulate, wouldn't you agree?

right, which is basically agreeing with me that you do have to think differently about the two types of blow jobs if you want to consider the mouth a sexual organ. and when you look at the retrospectivly, too all intents and purposes, its illogical, which is why i have gotten over thinking thats its to do with it not involving sexual organs which is why i subtley said a while back "my definition at the time"..
Reply 269
I was speaking biologically. Biologically, the penis plays a much more important part than the mouth (in reproduction). That's the point I was making.
Fleff

I wouldn't want them knowing, but that's because it's private - to do with me and my partner - not because I find it degrading, or think that they'd feel I'd degraded myself.

So they can give oral sex and spit? Or not until ejaculation?

Many girls would feel degraded if everyone knew the details of how they had given oral sex.

No, I said swallowing to emphasise just how disgusting the act can be. I feel that just to say 'oral sex' loses something of what exactly the act entails.
Reply 271
Pretty Boy
All I can say is that I believe a sizeable chunk of society does believe it to be degrading.

That's a sizeable chunk of subjectivity, right there. I mean, what's the optimum number of qualifiers to any assertion before it becomes objectively and empirically devoid?
Reply 272
Empirically devoid of...?
Reply 273
Anonymous
right, which is basically agreeing with me that you do have to think differently about the two types of blow jobs if you want to consider the mouth a sexual organ. and when you look at the retrospectivly, too all intents and purposes, its illogical, which is why i have gotten over thinking thats its to do with it not involving sexual organs which is why i subtley said a while back "my definition at the time"..

So, if you'll permit the prevarication; what's your position now?

(Forgive my hebetude: it's been a long day, and what's more I seem to have come down with influenza.)
Reply 274
i have the same position, im just less clear on why i think its degrading after discussing it. I wasn't trying to argue my case for why i had this value, just wanted to gather opinions. Although i guess, naturally, people took offence too it and it got sidetracked for a while..

-- btw, i have to keep a dictionary handy everytime i read your post, couldn't you more articulate since your talking to a bunch of students! ...or are you practicing to improve your career performance.. either way, its tiring!
Reply 275
Monoxide
I was speaking biologically. Biologically, the penis plays a much more important part than the mouth (in reproduction). That's the point I was making.

And, quid pro quo, the uterus plays a more important 'part' than any of the 'sexual' organs; likewise, speaking in terms of mere biology, hands play a more important part than feet in the process of writing. So what? I should hope that morality might stem from more than mere (bio)logic.
Pretty Boy
Many girls would feel degraded if everyone knew the details of how they had given oral sex.

You are applying your opinion onto others where their opinion is more likely to be something else, considering the fact they did the act in the first place!
You're not talking about the act of oral sex anymore, you're talking about peoples reactions to things that only 2 people - those in the relationship - should ever know about: it's one thing knowing my mate's given someone a blowjob, and a completely different thing knowing the exact technique she used, how long she took, and whether or not she swallowed. [EDIT: And even if I did know that, I wouldn't think she had degraded herself. If she chose to think so, fine, but I'd bet it wouldn't be degradation she felt, more annoyance/embarrassment].

No, I said swallowing to emphasise just how disgusting the act can be. I feel that just to say 'oral sex' loses something of what exactly the act entails.

I feel "oral sex" loses the closeness and loving emotions between two people loses something of what exactly the act entails, especially the end result.

Are we talking just oral sex on men, here? Ignoring cunnilingus? Not much swallowing involved in that one...
[EDIT: And again, it is your opinion that it is disgusting. If a person swallows by choice, and they don't find it disgusting...]
Profesh
And, quid pro quo, the uterus plays a more important 'part' than any of the 'sexual' organs; likewise, speaking in terms of mere biology, hands play a more important part than feet in the process of writing. So what? I should hope that morality might stem from more than mere (bio)logic.

Hey Profesh :biggrin:

If you don't want it don't have it. There's plenty of other things you can do! But if you're girlfriend likes giving them perhaps you should try it now and then. Maybe you've had a bad experience. Get a proper bj and come back! I've never met a guy who hasn't just loved one! (Not necessarily from me, that sounded slutty. Just in general).

XxX
Reply 278
This discussion is about oral sex. Don't go off the point. The comparison was between the penis and the mouth. Nothing else. Not uterus, ovaries, testes, triangles, or the fifth dimension, if it exists.
i think in lamens terms, profesh was trying to argue that many organs play a role in reproduction...and the mouth can be stimualting to arouse the penis to be able to carry out its job so who's to say whats more important, and does it matter if its more important, as long as is significant......correct me if im wrong, but you can't exactly blame me with his vocabulary!

Latest

Trending

Trending