Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What to get short term gf for Christmas? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astra_K)
    Considering by Xmas day we would have been together 2ish months?
    I thought some kind of jewellery. Or perfume?
    Kind of plain presents though really :/

On the other hand. Girls, if your boyfriend smokes, i would definately recommend a Zippo lighter. The good thing is you can get it engraved as well. Really random but i bought myself one (couldnt be bothered to wait for xmas) and i love it, i sometimes just light it for the smell lol.

But back on subject, any other ideas?
    Thanks
    not like that, something cheap and cheerful
    i bought one of my ex (when i was going out with her) a fake beautiful black rose handmade by myself and she got me a pre-owned PS3 game (Killzone 2, amazing game), both are cheap and cheerful.

ReputationRep:
    But if you really must... buy Chanel perfume!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astra_K)
    We both earn a lot
    give her something sexy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    How can any Christmas have been two and a half years ago? :s

(Original post by Boobies.)
    Fail.

Haha oops, I'm getting mixed up cause we've been together for 2 1/2 years now, I meant it was 2 Christmases ago

ReputationRep:
    perfume and jewellery are good or you could take her shopping?

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to get her anything like jewelery, she's short term...a card will do and she will be grateful. I dunno why people fret over these things, always thinking they have to buy something special.

ReputationRep:
    Ask her to marry you, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    How about a bunch of realistic looking high quality artificial roses?

ReputationRep:
    Still struggling.
    Think ill do everyone elses presents then leave her til last lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastyCoke)
    £100 for a 2month relationship. :lolwut:
    Well I would of been with my Boyfriend for 3 months by then, and he's getting me a bearded dragon (he's a zoo keeper) plus the tank etc. ....So I guess it's all about personal preferences- We don't really tend to keep with the 'month rules'

You could take her shopping Or buy her something that she's interested in, has she got any hobbies?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe buy one of those day out experience vouchers? If she has a hobby that you can find a voucher for, that is.

I really have no idea how romantic or suitable these might be, I just remember getting a few for Christmas from my family a few years back. They don't always cost a bomb - I think they go up depending on the experience; anything between £20 and £100+ value. I've seen cards for things like a day at the spa, massage, hot air balloon ride, etc. The ones I got when I was younger were zorbing (rolling in a funny ball down a hill) and go-karting when I was 14 or so.

Places like Marks and Sparks sell them if I remember correctly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrnightcat)
    Maybe buy one of those day out experience vouchers? If she has a hobby that you can find a voucher for, that is.

I really have no idea how romantic or suitable these might be, I just remember getting a few for Christmas from my family a few years back. They don't always cost a bomb - I think they go up depending on the experience; anything between £20 and £100+ value. I've seen cards for things like a day at the spa, massage, hot air balloon ride, etc. The ones I got when I was younger were zorbing (rolling in a funny ball down a hill) and go-karting when I was 14 or so.

Places like Marks and Sparks sell them if I remember correctly.
    I really want to do the rolling down a hill in a ball thing. I think there's one where you can roll down a hill in a ball filled with water. I'm not really sure how you avoid the whole drowning lark with that though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    I really want to do the rolling down a hill in a ball thing. I think there's one where you can roll down a hill in a ball filled with water. I'm not really sure how you avoid the whole drowning lark with that though.
    I have to say that I actually didn't do it myself - I bow my head a little in shame and must say that I didn't like the idea of it much (I was scared of too many things back then), and my parents swapped it for a different card (as far as I know it's fine to do this).

But my sister did recently - she said it was absolutely amazing, a real buzz, but they only let you do it once. Which is a bit unfair in my opinion; it doesn't even last a minute. I would say if there's somewhere near you that offers it, then go for it by all means, but it's not worth the experience card purchase and then travelling all the way to the location.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScrewNormality)
    How about a bunch of realistic looking high quality artificial roses?
    Pos rep for how bad of an idea that was :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PapaShmurff)
    Pos rep for how bad of an idea that was :lol:
    My girlfriend's ex did that, she quite likes them though, she still has them. I do think real ones would be nicer.

ReputationRep:
    edible kickers

ReputationRep:
    I was broke last year and i just bought her a nighty, worked out well for me :awesome:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Do something more personal for her, writing a nice card and baking things would make me happy!

ReputationRep:
    Framed picture of you two. :daydreaming: Cheap and cheerful.

ReputationRep:
    My birthday was only a month after we got together and my boyfriend bought me a pair of earrings. Not overly expensive but it was nice as I never wore earrings or mentioned I had my ears pierced and he'd noticed

Don't go OTT, it'll look creepy I think. Flowers, chocolate, simple jewellery will be fine, its the thought anyway!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.