The Student Room Group

What to get short term gf for Christmas?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Potiron
How can any Christmas have been two and a half years ago? :s

Haha oops, I'm getting mixed up cause we've been together for 2 1/2 years now, I meant it was 2 Christmases ago :smile:
Reply 21
perfume and jewellery are good :smile: or you could take her shopping?
Reply 22
You don't have to get her anything like jewelery, she's short term...a card will do and she will be grateful. I dunno why people fret over these things, always thinking they have to buy something special.
Ask her to marry you, obviously.
How about a bunch of realistic looking high quality artificial roses?
Reply 25
Still struggling.
Think ill do everyone elses presents then leave her til last lol
Original post by ToastyCoke
£100 for a 2month relationship. :lolwut:

Well I would of been with my Boyfriend for 3 months by then, and he's getting me a bearded dragon (he's a zoo keeper) plus the tank etc. ....So I guess it's all about personal preferences- We don't really tend to keep with the 'month rules' :smile:

You could take her shopping :smile: Or buy her something that she's interested in, has she got any hobbies?
Maybe buy one of those day out experience vouchers? If she has a hobby that you can find a voucher for, that is.

I really have no idea how romantic or suitable these might be, I just remember getting a few for Christmas from my family a few years back. They don't always cost a bomb - I think they go up depending on the experience; anything between £20 and £100+ value. I've seen cards for things like a day at the spa, massage, hot air balloon ride, etc. The ones I got when I was younger were zorbing (rolling in a funny ball down a hill) and go-karting when I was 14 or so.

Places like Marks and Sparks sell them if I remember correctly.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by mrnightcat
Maybe buy one of those day out experience vouchers? If she has a hobby that you can find a voucher for, that is.

I really have no idea how romantic or suitable these might be, I just remember getting a few for Christmas from my family a few years back. They don't always cost a bomb - I think they go up depending on the experience; anything between £20 and £100+ value. I've seen cards for things like a day at the spa, massage, hot air balloon ride, etc. The ones I got when I was younger were zorbing (rolling in a funny ball down a hill) and go-karting when I was 14 or so.

Places like Marks and Sparks sell them if I remember correctly.

I really want to do the rolling down a hill in a ball thing. I think there's one where you can roll down a hill in a ball filled with water. I'm not really sure how you avoid the whole drowning lark with that though.
Original post by Potiron
I really want to do the rolling down a hill in a ball thing. I think there's one where you can roll down a hill in a ball filled with water. I'm not really sure how you avoid the whole drowning lark with that though.

I have to say that I actually didn't do it myself - I bow my head a little in shame and must say that I didn't like the idea of it much (I was scared of too many things back then), and my parents swapped it for a different card (as far as I know it's fine to do this).

But my sister did recently - she said it was absolutely amazing, a real buzz, but they only let you do it once. Which is a bit unfair in my opinion; it doesn't even last a minute. I would say if there's somewhere near you that offers it, then go for it by all means, but it's not worth the experience card purchase and then travelling all the way to the location.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by ScrewNormality
How about a bunch of realistic looking high quality artificial roses?

Pos rep for how bad of an idea that was :lol:
Reply 31
Original post by PapaShmurff
Pos rep for how bad of an idea that was :lol:

My girlfriend's ex did that, she quite likes them though, she still has them. I do think real ones would be nicer.
edible kickers
I was broke last year and i just bought her a nighty, worked out well for me :awesome:
Do something more personal for her, writing a nice card and baking things would make me happy!
Framed picture of you two. :daydreaming: Cheap and cheerful.
Reply 36
My birthday was only a month after we got together and my boyfriend bought me a pair of earrings. Not overly expensive but it was nice as I never wore earrings or mentioned I had my ears pierced and he'd noticed :smile:

Don't go OTT, it'll look creepy I think. Flowers, chocolate, simple jewellery will be fine, its the thought anyway!
Be careful, women are hard to please.
Reply 38
I think personal presents are the best; things that mean something to the person you give them to. The sort of present that if you gave it to someone else they wouldn't necessarily appreciate it but for that person it's amazing. I know the best presents I've ever got have been like that, good presents because they were personal and a lot of thought went into them - not things like jewellery which is normally fairly impersonal. So asking randomers on the internet isn't going to get you any good ideas, you need to think about what she likes and her interests/quirks, not ours!

Having said that, chocolate is always a good present.
Reply 39

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending