The Student Room Group

how to tell him I cheated

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GBateman
You cheated on your boyfriend, ergo; you're not in love with him.

EDIT:

Giving me negative rep won't make me wrong :smile:

No, your statement being wrong though, that does make you wrong.

People that look at things like love and cheating in such a basic black and white way are ****ing morons.

People can be in love with someone and cheat on them. Arguing otherwise just shows how little you understand things like emotions.

edit: just saw this
I'm just pragmatic and logical.

Hahaha. ****ing tool.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 21
It does make perfect sense - you are correct.

If she were in love with her boyfriend, as she has claimed, she would not have slept with the other guy.

Simple.

I'm going to ignore your condescension for a moment and ask you this question:

Can you give me a brief "overview" of 'The Philosophy of the Mind'? As in; can you "pitch" it to me? If it sounds interesting I will read up on it.
You just need to tell him and let him make his own mind up about what he wants to do. Is this what's going to happen everytime you're drunk and in the company of a good looking guy? Let him know how much you regret it and how sorry you are. But at the end of the day it's up to him.
Original post by azalia
I'm in love with my boyfriend.

Bull****

Original post by mary21
Don't tell him. Yes, thats not being honest. But you made a mistake and regret it. Don't let it ruin something good. Just as long as you don't do it again.

And what if he finds out from someone else?
Personally if my gf cheated, I'd rather know. And I'd rather I know from her.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by concubine
Words.

I'd take more time to construct a post to address your points, but you can't express your opinions without being insulting and defamatory, so I won't bother. It's a shame, because your post did have some merit and I would have liked to have an intellectual debate with you about this.
Repay him with all day long sex and blowjobs. He'll forgive you.
Reply 26
You were doing so well.

Please, refer to my above post.

:frown:
Only one solution: Threesome.

(But you're still going in the trash)
You were doing so well.

Please, refer to my above post.

:frown:

I don't really see much of a difference between the way me and the other chap responded and you coming out with inane, condescending comments based upon nothing but your individual beliefs.
Reply 29
I like how you mis-represent and also exaggerate the jist of what I was saying.

If you can't present your arguments without being insulting and defamatory - regardless of how relevant your points are - then I really do not want to engage in discussion with you.

It would seem there's not enough love

(That last line was just a light-hearted jape, not a personal attack, so please do not construe it as such)
Reply 30
You need to let him shag your best friend.
"While you were gone another guy was balls deep in me. But that's ok because I can rationalise it and somehow make it your fault."

Reply 32
Original post by Foo.mp3

Thank **** for that addendum! Was about to blow a gasget over here! :tongue:

Lol yeah, I realised I hadn't figured out from the OP what level of cheating it was!

OP if it was more than a kiss, then you have to tell him.
Reply 33
Original post by concubine
I don't really see much of a difference between the way me and the other chap responded and you coming out with inane, condescending comments based upon nothing but your individual beliefs.

I don't believe my initial comment to be condescending. If it came across in that way, I can only apologise.

However, you are correct; it is based on my individual beliefs - in much the same way that your comments are. The only difference being that I was able to present my stance without actively attacking and defaming someone.
Reply 34
Original post by Nick Longjohnson
"While you were gone another guy was balls deep in me. But that's ok because I can rationalise it and somehow make it your fault."

It's not his fault...I'm not going to say something so cruel! I can't explain why I did it because I don't really understand it myself. When I say I love my boyfriend, I really mean it, otherwise I wouldn't tell him that I cheated because I wouldn't care. And being drunk IS an excuse. I wasn't acting like myself at all. I'm sober now, and trying to figure out how to deal with the consequences in an appropriate way.
Reply 35
In an argument/discussion/debate/conversation there are likely to be (but not limited to) two differing points of view.

I believe in my view and will express why I believe so.

You believe in your view and will express why you believe so.

Perhaps a conclusion will be reached, but perhaps not.

Perhaps you may sway me to think alike, or I, you, but perhaps not.

You may not agree with what I, or other people say, but they are our opinions and we have reasons why we believe in what we do - in the same way that you do - and to claim one person is talking out of their arse simply because you disagree with them isn't really how it works.
Reply 36
I would offer him a 'get out of jail free' card i.e. he is allowed to hook up with someone of his choice and you can't get mad.
Reply 37
if a girl cheated on me, regardless of love, i could never trust her again, therefore relationship over!!
Original post by azalia
It's not his fault...I'm not going to say something so cruel! I can't explain why I did it because I don't really understand it myself. When I say I love my boyfriend, I really mean it, otherwise I wouldn't tell him that I cheated because I wouldn't care. And being drunk IS an excuse. I wasn't acting like myself at all. I'm sober now, and trying to figure out how to deal with the consequences in an appropriate way.

You had sex with someone you ****ed up no one else whether you understand it or not it was not against your will and you made a choice no matter how bad a choice it was.

Being drunk is not an excuse it's an explanation but it does not excuse your behaviour otherwise everyone driving whilst drunk would be let off by the police because...... you know they were drunk wasn't their fault.
Original post by azalia
And being drunk IS an excuse

Not it isn't. If you can't handle it, then don't drink that much. Simple.
At the end of the day, you decided to cheat.
Its your fault.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending