The Student Room Group

I want to lose close to a stone in 4 weeks..here's how I'm going to do it

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ChaoticMaster
He was telling you the facts. I on the other hand am going to be offensive. Your an idiot. Now go read the stickies.

It's all you super-fit people who think you are in a position to ridicule and humiliate people who aren't as fitness-savvy as you and are just looking for some advice. Shame on you.
Original post by kalaghoda
It's all you super-fit people who think you are in a position to ridicule and humiliate people who aren't as fitness-savvy as you and are just looking for some advice. Shame on you.

This
I'm not saying my advice is right, but have you thought about doing something like Zumba or a fitness DVD instead of running, while keeping up the HIIT swimming?
4 weeks and lose about 1 stone. It can be done, I managed 7kg in 1 month. However, that is through some good cardio, workout sessions and diet.
1) I did my cardio in a way that it keeps your heart rate somewhere between 130-150 bpm
2) I did some workouts to build some muscle mass, but I guess swimming is a good substitute.
3) For diet, all I ate was a can of tuna and vegetables a day.... and protein shakes to maintain my muscle mass and curb hunger.
losing a stone in 4 weeks will be extremely difficult. Aim for 7lbs and you would have a more reasonable target. Also, a lot of cereal, and biscuits, aint a good idea.
Original post by tface
:facepalm: In this thread: OP ignores all sensible advice with a brilliant riposte: 'i'm doing the swimming though..'

that made me laugh out loud! i would have given you a positive rating but i've reached my limit (i know, already :P) i will so come back to this tomorrow though haha
also, OP, good luck with losing the weight you want to, i don't think she was being offensive, just trying to help you out! let us know if it works out X
Reply 27
Original post by RedAssasinXX
4 weeks and lose about 1 stone. It can be done, I managed 7kg in 1 month. However, that is through some good cardio, workout sessions and diet.
1) I did my cardio in a way that it keeps your heart rate somewhere between 130-150 bpm
2) I did some workouts to build some muscle mass, but I guess swimming is a good substitute.
3) For diet, all I ate was a can of tuna and vegetables a day.... and protein shakes to maintain my muscle mass and curb hunger.

Hi,
What kind of cardio did you do though? Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you weigh when you started? If you're not comfortable posting it here, feel free to PM me. Thanks :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
losing a stone in 4 weeks will be extremely difficult. Aim for 7lbs and you would have a more reasonable target. Also, a lot of cereal, and biscuits, aint a good idea.

Yes, I am cutting out the biscuits completely now. My diet(starting from today) is:
Breakfast: A bowl of cereal and an apple
Lunch: A tuna sandwich plus loads of veggies
Dinner: Steamed chicken/fish or a boiled egg
How does that sound?
Reply 29
Original post by SunshineFunshine
also, OP, good luck with losing the weight you want to, i don't think she was being offensive, just trying to help you out! let us know if it works out X

Thank you. I hope it does! :smile:
Yes, I am cutting out the biscuits completely now. My diet(starting from today) is:
How does that sound?

much better, but I still think aiming for a stone is very VERY ambitious. I've no doubt you'll lose weight, but don't be disappointed if you don't manage a stone. That's more than most people would manage, by far.

good luck though.

i'm aiming for 7lbs this month myself. Normally I only manage 2lbs a month so that's a big challenge for me.
How does that sound?

I'd leave the cereal and have the egg for breakfast, then meat/fish for dinner. You want to try and reduce carbs and eat protein :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by Zebrastripes
I'd leave the cereal and have the egg for breakfast, then meat/fish for dinner. You want to try and reduce carbs and eat protein :smile:

Ok will keep that in mind thanks :smile:..also an important thing that I forgot to mention(or maybe not that important) is more than weight loss, I'm looking to reduce fat...belly fat and love handles..
Ok will keep that in mind thanks :smile:..also an important thing that I forgot to mention(or maybe not that important) is more than weight loss, I'm looking to reduce fat...belly fat and love handles..

Thats what I'm doing too. You can't spot reduce though. So I'm on a diet with less carbs more protein, and doing cardio and HIIT training at the moment. And the 8 minute abs youtube video someone suggested.
Reply 34
Original post by Zebrastripes
Thats what I'm doing too. You can't spot reduce though. So I'm on a diet with less carbs more protein, and doing cardio and HIIT training at the moment. And the 8 minute abs youtube video someone suggested.

Cardio + HIIT=Swimming +running in my case?
I don't have access to a gym
no point cutting fat out of your diet.

I guarantee you can eat as much fat as you want and lose this weight.

The catch: Stop eating carbohydrates and sugar. Thats everything from bread and pasta to fruit juice. Thats if you're damn serious about this.
swim more as oppose to jogging for that'll make your legs look muscular if youve got fats there!
Will it work?
I'm going to walk fast/jog(depends) every evening for an hour, 7.2 kilometres followed by a half-hour swim.
Diet-wise, I'm going to eat a lot of cereal for breakfast, probably museli and an apple. Lunch will be a regular meal, of course with not too much of fatty stuff and some salad. I'll have some biscuits and another apple at around 4 and then just a glass of milk for dinner.

That will fail miserably.
Go for a 1hr JOG every evening & swim.
Diet - Oats in morning, small lunch eg can of tuna, good dinner with no carbs eg steak and veg.
Don't snack.
Reply 38
Spin Class, Body Pump & Total Body Conditioning x3 (a week) at my gym along with smaller things like walking more, taking the stairs instead of other means helped me go down a jeans size within a month and a half along with a revised diet which i'm still revising now.

As soon as my exams are over, i'll be able to concentrate fully on the gym, but my advice is make changes gradually, so that you can adapt to them easier rather than giving in from making too many changes at once. All the best. Also don't overdo it at the gym make sure you have rest periods/days and make sure your getting enough protein as the others have said. :h:

No, we're people who give good advice that gets ignored because what we tell you to do is too difficult or doesn't fit into your preconceieved idea of what will work. There is a thread in the stickies entitlled 'For the Girls - Toning, Diet and Excercise a very basic guide - Please read!!' if you had read this in the first place you wouldn't of needed to make this thread. And I have neither ridiculed or humiliated you, I just made an observation based upon your inabilty to accept the answer to the question you asked and you taking offence to a post that merely gave you the facts. I don't need to humiiate you, your idiocy does that without any input from me.

Quick Reply

Latest