The Student Room Group

*Trying* to get A*A*A*A

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Jeena_hunt5476
Oh ok lol. I keep underestimating how hard it is to get into Cambridge haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah haha it's pretty scary actually, like half of the people on the Camb thread didn't get in and they were all geniuses :frown:
Original post by kawehi
Yeah haha it's pretty scary actually, like half of the people on the Camb thread didn't get in and they were all geniuses :frown:

Well at least you got in :smile: and im sure the geniuses that applied but got rejected know that they're geniuses an can do well at another university!
Even applying to Cambridge is an achievement itself even if you get rejected. Shows you have got the grades and extracurriculars etc!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
16.02 Evening

As planned, I did no revision! I am feeling pretty good about what I did yesterday (ALL of the chemistry flashcards), though, so not too guilty!

I think that I'll make a revision timetable sometime soon and post it, that way you guys can yell at me when I don't do enough work :wink:
Original post by kawehi
16.02 Evening

As planned, I did no revision! I am feeling pretty good about what I did yesterday (ALL of the chemistry flashcards), though, so not too guilty!

I think that I'll make a revision timetable sometime soon and post it, that way you guys can yell at me when I don't do enough work :wink:

Same :frown: I did no revision too.
Reply 64
20.02 Evening

I had a wonderful time on our school trip, and now that I'm back with internet and books I can do a bit of revision again! I think that I have biology and chemistry tests on Monday (found out today, woo), so I'll prioritise that for tomorrow :smile:
Nice thread, it has motivated me to get some work done. I also noticed that the two people in our profile pictures are pulling the same smile.
Reply 66
21.02 Morning-ish

Just sitting down to start some revision on the last day of half term! I spent the morning reading the New Humanist and shopping on ASOS :rolleyes:

So, tomorrow I have a biology test on basic biotechnology (cloning and industrial enzymes), so I'll make some flashcards for that and post them on here! I also have some chemistry coursework tomorrow, but hopefully we weren't supposed to prep for it at all because I have no idea what it's on :tongue: I also was supposed to do a bunch of M2 papers but oh well! I haven't actually done any maths whatsoever this entire half term haha

Goals for the next few hours:

Make biology flashcards and go over them

Include key words from mark schemes in the flashcards!

Do some of an M2 past paper if time

How were all of your half terms??
Reply 67
Ok, brilliant, finally starting revision at 4pm!! :tongue:
Reply 68
Hey, I am a AS student and i really struggling with revision for AQA AS Biology. Can i get some tips on revision for biology please? The information does not stick for me. I really need help as exams are fast approaching. Thanks in advance.
Reply 69
22.02 Morning

School today! Yesterday I finished my biology flashcards for cloning, which is apparently what our test is on, but I haven't really gone over them...

Today, my goals are to:

Go over bio flashcards

Prep for the chem coursework in lesson

Do an M2 past paper after school

Go for a walk

Make M2 formula flashcards!

I'll let you know how it goes! :biggrin: I'm also thinking of making a schedule for revision, not a super strict one but hopeuflly just something that makes me do work! I'll post it when I decide :smile: Have a great first day back!!
Reply 70
22.02 Evening

Managed to finish and go over my bio flashcards! The test was ok, but I doubt that I got all of my key words in :tongue:

Started revision on chemistry in the lesson today, we did a bit of a past paper, which was an actual disaster.. Lots of work will be necessary for that one :s-smilie: I need to do loads more past paper questions, and look at how the mark scheme structures the answers. I felt pretty lost when I had 9 marks to go, and a full blank page!

Also did some M2 today, finding it very very difficult :frown: I'm currently struggling loads with circular motion.. But I did make flashcards for all of the formulae!

Thanks for all of the lovely messages that you guys have sent (both on here and private), hopefully I'll find time to reply to everything soon!!!
Reply 71
23.02 Morning

Going to try and do loads of M2 today! I'm staying at home for my first free so that I don't get distracted, hopefully I'll be able to wrap my head around a few circular motion problems...

I'm going to do a full past paper, with no peeks at the mark scheme. I'll post my grade so that you guys can make fun of me and hopefully get me to revise more :biggrin:
I would like to get 4 A* but i know i am not smart enough to achieve this. This is why i am simply going to become a drug lord.
Reply 73
Original post by Sexymeatballs
I would like to get 4 A* but i know i am not smart enough to achieve this. This is why i am simply going to become a drug lord.

Nice goal :biggrin:
has ur school covered all the syllabus yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Original post by janicecwchow
has ur school covered all the syllabus yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, we've still got FP3, the final module in chem, and biotech to go!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending