The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
I have it all under control and he's learning under my supervision :wink:
So,where are you from exactly?

Oh I would never doubt his linguistic prowess or your teaching capacities. He'll nail it, soon enough.
Lebanon. Jeeran :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Never been hit with a belt or any of that ****.

Was usually just a kick up the arse which is reasonable in my opinion
i got the slipper a lot when i was younger, in my eyes i believe that was fair as i wasnt a pleasant child haha
yeah I got beats It never taught me a lesson tho it only taught me not to get caught in my bloody lies
I was a couple of times but more often just shouted at which scared me enough! I think my mum felt bad afterwards though!
Original post by Decorpi12
Oh I would never doubt his linguistic prowess or your teaching capacities. He'll nail it, soon enough.
Lebanon. Jeeran :wink:

Make no mistake!Lubnaan,must be Alot of cute arab boys there.
Nope, but I was also a very well-behaved child. In terms of my own children, perhaps a tap on the hand but I'm trying to work on the angry glare that scares kids into being good :colonhash:
Yes, I was a naughty kid so I got alot of beats :colondollar:lol, my mum used to use a wooden spoon and sometimes it was slippers
My mother didn't need to hit or slap when she could use her "look of death". My father has only "hit" me like three times in my life and it was after I actually pushed him and my mother to the limit, the quotes mean that it really didn't hurt, it was more psychological. I think I will definitely use the "look of death" on my children (which I'll definitely have lol), and if they actually went to an extreme situation I might "hit" them.
I got a smacked arse here and there if I was super naughty, didn't do me any harm tbh :fluffy:
Yes I was, because that is how my parents were brought up and it is still perfectly acceptable to hit your children in the culture I come from. I promised myself I will NEVER do the same to my children though.
Original post by Ratach
Yes I was, because that is how my parents were brought up and it is still perfectly acceptable to hit your children in the culture I come from. I promised myself I will NEVER do the same to my children though.

You either from west africa/carribean or around india/arab?
Reply 92
Only smacked and the occasional clip on the ear for being rude/disrespectful. For the absolute worst offences (only like 3 times in my life), I'd get a belt lash on the ass. For me I can't complain, it didn't do me or my sibling any harm and I feel it made me a better person. That being said, I can see how people can overdo it and it becomes more abuse than discipline.

It also depends on the general make-up of the person too. I don't think I ever got a smack I didn't truly deserve and I also never held on to my ill feelings about my punishment that long. Similar to a verbal insult, some brush it off quickly whilst others may hold onto that stuff much deeper and longer, causing more issues long-term.
I'm indian.......'nuff said. No, in actuality, I usually get lightly slapped on the leg or arm, NEVER on my face. Also, usually, it's because of my own arrogance :-/
Original post by jam277
You either from west africa/carribean or around india/arab?

No but close; I'm from Turkey.
Yeah then I killed that hoe
My step mother (alcoholic) used to slap me right up until I moved out (17) Was also pinned against walls, she'd put her face right against mine and snarl at me. Belongings broken, thrown out of the window. Was an awful experience.

Luckily I have nothing to do with her now, although I don't know why my dad ever did go back to her.
Tbh I'd rather be slapped across the face than not being allowed to go to a party or something lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Many times, but I always deserved it.
Reply 99
Yeah I was smacked a fair bit by my dad when I was younger if I was misbehaving, it got to a point tho when I was about 15 he tried smacking me and being very aggressive and I was strong enough to stand up for myself and we got into a wrestle on the stairs and ended up breaking some of the bannister, he’s not tried hitting me since😂

Latest

Trending

Trending