The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i didnt know you had dyslexia
Reply 2
yo-less
i didnt know you had dyslexia

yep, it doesn't show up much any more, but that is simply because of 14 years of education, but I still have problems spelling certain words. I used to write from right to left when I was younger and my hand writing is almost illegible most of the time.
Reply 3
juueru_chou
yep, it doesn't show up much any more, but that is simply because of 14 years of education, but I still have problems spelling certain words. I used to write from right to left when I was younger and my hand writing is almost illegible most of the time.

my hand writing is always illegible...by spelling usually ok though
writing from right to left is cool though :cool: can you still do it?
Reply 4
yo-less
my hand writing is always illegible...by spelling usually ok though
writing from right to left is cool though :cool: can you still do it?

unfortunately not, it is a gift that I lost when I started having to write from left to left.

Most of the reason for my bad hand writing is to do with my dyspraxia, which effects me in various ways, like giving me a very posh accent, making me subtly zig-zag when walking along the road ect.
Reply 5
juueru_chou
unfortunately not, it is a gift that I lost when I started having to write from left to left.

Most of the reason for my bad hand writing is to do with my dyspraxia, which effects me in various ways, like giving me a very posh accent, making me subtly zig-zag when walking along the road ect.

what is dyspraxia exactly? :redface:
Reply 6
sorry, is it asperger's that makes one particularly skillfull in a certain area (maths, etc.)? :redface:
Reply 7
yo-less
what is dyspraxia exactly? :redface:

It is to do with motor difficulties like writing, speaking and balance. The co-ordination between the senses and the brain is slightly off, so whilst you may want to walk in a straight line it is difficult to do so.
Reply 8
Gwenyth!
sorry, is it asperger's that makes one particularly skillfull in a certain area (maths, etc.)? :redface:

It is a mild form of autism.

Whilst it can exhibit itself in genious in one particular area, that is not the main symptoms of it. People who suffer from Asperger syndrome will have very few social skills and will get very uncomfortable around other people, have a set routine that they like to follow and have one or more obsessions, which in my case are anime, star trek (to a lesser extent now), Japan and this forum as well.
Reply 9
juueru_chou
It is to do with motor difficulties like writing, speaking and balance. The co-ordination between the senses and the brain is slightly off, so whilst you may want to walk in a straight line it is difficult to do so.

sorry for my insensitivity and denseness :redface:
i might have it.seriously :frown: i'm very accident prone and tend to fall alot and break things,knock things over etc
Reply 10
yo-less
sorry for my insensitivity and denseness :redface:
i might have it.seriously :frown: i'm very accident prone and tend to fall alot and break things,knock things over etc

That could just be clumbsyness, but if you are worried you might have it, then get in contact with your local mental health authority and get yourself tested as you might be able to get help with things at uni if you do have certain special needs.
Reply 11
juueru_chou
It is a mild form of autism.

Whilst it can exhibit itself in genious in one particular area, that is not the main symptoms of it. People who suffer from Asperger syndrome will have very few social skills and will get very uncomfortable around other people, have a set routine that they like to follow and have one or more obsessions, which in my case are anime, star trek (to a lesser extent now), Japan and this forum as well.

Yeah, its very compleated in the way it manifests itself. Its very different between different people.
- One of my mates is also dispraxic, but you woulnt know at all. (or aleast i didnt, untill he told me)

Daniel
Reply 12
dhutch
Yeah, its very compleated in the way it manifests itself. Its very different between different people.
- One of my mates is also dispraxic, but you woulnt know at all. (or aleast i didnt, untill he told me)

Daniel

there are varying degrees of severity with all forms of special needs, so while one person may have it and not seem to be effected by it, another person may have a very severe form of it.
Reply 13
this is a good society.why arn't people posting?*frowns*
Reply 14
God knows,
- Come one, me and juueru_choucant be the only special needs people on all of TSR.

In 100 in my year at 6th form, theres about 8, so in all of tsr there gota be a hell of a lot of us?

Daniel
Reply 15
I spend alot of time in my schools special needs unit. I dont have any learning dificulties as such - but I have alot of mental health problems that stop me doing alot of things in school. Special needs departemnts are always very helpful and the people that use them are very nice.
My little brother has dyspraxia, and he also has a heart condition - I don't have anything like this though, so I can't join the society. Good luck with it though :smile:
Reply 17
i want to be an honurary member *lookes hopefuly at Juueru Chou*
Reply 18
can you define special needs for me?

i mean do ya mean 'disabled'
Reply 19
Cazzi_Bear
can you define special needs for me?

read the previous posts

Latest