The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rucklo
Why not buy your own 1.25 plate's to take? Will really help.

Best place to get them/price?
Reply 21
ChrisLincoln
Best place to get them/price?

I don't know of any shop's that sell them on the high street though I presume there is one.

http://www.fitnessmegastore.co.uk/strength-equipment-15/weights-bars-collars-33/olympic-weight-plates-diameter-266/fitness-olympic-weight-plates-15737.htm

£7.50 odd with postage, not great but it's the postage being it's online thats the problem.
Rucklo
I don't know of any shop's that sell them on the high street though I presume there is one.

http://www.fitnessmegastore.co.uk/strength-equipment-15/weights-bars-collars-33/olympic-weight-plates-diameter-266/fitness-olympic-weight-plates-15737.htm

£7.50 odd with postage, not great but it's the postage being it's online thats the problem.

Just had a look online at JJB and they have 0.5kg weights for £2 so i'll look in store and see if they have them or 1.25's cheers.
Reply 23
They're probably not 2" Olympic plates.
Yeah i'm doubtful also, probably fit on the standard york style bars you can buy but i'll have a look anyway.
Reply 25
SMed
They're probably not 2" Olympic plates.

There in the "Olympic Weight Plates (2" Diameter)" section of the site.
Reply 26
Just checked the link; yeah they're Oly plates. Buy em.
Day Ten - Saturday 3rd October
From Food: 2925kcal, 178grams protein.
From Supp: 900kcal, 75grams protein.
Overall: 3825kcal, 253grams protein.

Thoughts
Up for an early gym session tomorrow, legs are a little sore from football but other than feeling pretty good. Going to hit the weights hard tomorrow as i have 2 days to recover before wednesday gym session.
Argh, up for the gym at 9 after my failure of a housemate and his retarded friends listening to rap music until 4.30am high on coke. Gotta love who you get put with in private halls...

Will edit with my session, but i feel like utter **** and my house stinks of weed. Woo.
Reply 29
ChrisLincoln
Argh, up for the gym at 9 after my failure of a housemate and his retarded friends listening to rap music until 4.30am high on coke. Gotta love who you get put with in private halls...

Will edit with my session, but i feel like utter **** and my house stinks of weed. Woo.

Blasphemy.
Day Eleven - Sunday 4th October
From Food: 2741kcal, 183grams protein.
Overall: 2641kcal, 258grams protein.

Gym Workout
Bench: 60 x 3 x 5, 60 x 8
Row: 30 x 5 x 5
Abs: Cycle Sits, Leg Lifts, Weight Crunches
Squat: -
Pull Ups: 8, 8, 8
Curls: 30 x 2 x 8
DB Flies: 15 x 3 x 8

Thoughts:

Need more reps on the bench, its feel good. I finished the 3x5 too easily but i don't feel comfortable enough to up it so one more session at 60 with 3x8 i think. Row felt good but again thinking 3 x 6 with a bit more weight. No squatting due to my legs still be in pain from squats/football last week - thats what happens when you dont train them for a while should be better recovery after next workout. Pull ups are getting easier. Added in some curls as my biceps feel neglected with full compound and some DB flies to make sure the chest was ruined as i have 2 days off gym now.
Day Twelve - Monday 5th October
From Food: 1897kcal, 68grams protein.
Overall: 2797kcal, 143grams protein.

Thoughts:

Muscle wise i feel absolutely no DOMS which considering what i did yesterday makes absolutely no sense.
Day Thirteen - Tuesday 6th October
From Food: 2158kcal, 217grams protein.
Overall: 3058kcal, 292grams protein.
Day Fourteen - Wednesday 7th October
From Food: 2276kcal, 76 grams protein.
Overall: 3176kcal, 151grams protein.

Workout
Bench: 3 x 8 x 60
DB Shoulder Press: 3 x 8 x 15
Weighted Dips: 3 x 8 x 10
Abs: 3 x 10 Crunches, 3 x 10 x 5 DB leg lifts
Concentration Curls: 3 x 8 x 12.5
Chin Ups: 3 x 8 (plus some cheeky rambo style ones)
Squat: 3 x 8 x 70

Thoughts
Felt awesome today after two full days recovery since last workout hence doing so much. The bench felt good will stick at 60 for one more session at least though. Shoulder press was good, last 3 reps of last set were difficult. Dips were good keeping them the same. Abs were painful but doable. Will curl 15's next time. Chin ups were easy. Squat felt fine and parrelel for almost every rep.

Overall going to repeat the same weights for another session then increase the easiest ones by one. I found some 0.5kg and 1.25kg microplates hidden in the corner of the gym so thats not a problem now. Feel good!
Day Fifthteen - Thursday 9th October
From Food: 2056kcal, 75grams protein.
Overall: 2956kcal, 150grams protein.
Day Sixteen - Friday 9th October
From Food: 1807kcal, 79grams protein.
Overall: 2707kcal, 154grams protein.

Workout
Bench: 1 x 8 x 40, 3 x 8 x 60, 1 x 8 x 50
Row: 2 x 8 x 30, 1 x 6 x 30
Abs: 30 Crunches, 30 Cycle Sits ups, 3 x 15 Leg Lifts
Deadlift: 3 x 8 x 70
Concentration Curls: 3 x 8 x 15DB

Thoughts
Bench was fine, warm up set definitely helps and lowered the weight after the 3 sets and did the movements very slow and controlled. Felt good. One more session at 60 then 62.5 next wednesday.

I suck at pendlay rows, need to keep it up my back is pretty weak. Abs felt good love a blast inbetween compounds lifts to get some rest in while being active.

First deadlift since may, 70kg felt easy. Going 80 next session. Added some curls at the end just because my biceps felt good but lack of energy made me struggle on the third set my form was pretty crap. Finished it though!
Day Seventeen - Saturday 10th October
From Food: 1579kcal, 122grams protein.
Overall: 2479kcal, 197grams protein.
My calories are dire. Though not including 3 shakes a day which adds to 900 calories with 300ml whole milk and 30grams whey protein. Which brings my average (good/bad days) since 23rd september to 3104. I'd rather have more of my diet in food though going to aim to increase it.
Reply 38
What site/program is that??
Rucklo
What site/program is that??

Calorieconnect.com

Saw it on bbc news a while back, just realised they have a profile system where you can add in your foods and it analyses them. Instant sign up, and you can create meals etc so once you've put it in once it gets short listed so you dont have to repeat add things too much. It's pretty good!

Latest