The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

leave him
call the police on the animal
I have no idea what the argument was about and that fact is irrelevant. But do not see him again and do not take him back. People can change I know some people are questioning how a person can suddenly change/snap, but they can. People can change quite radically, this is obviously extreme but don't risk your health and sanity. I suggest you get in touch with a domestic violence help line, sorry don't know any but must come up on google.
I've got a horrible feeling this is a troll - if so, shame on you for trivialising domestic violence!

If not

- your hair will grow back. It will take time, but it will. Maybe cut your hair short so it isn't as noticeable?

- leave him.

It does seem suspicious though, as everyone says, that he was nice for 4 years and suddenly flew off the handle....
Reply 23
He apologised in an EMAIL?! What the hell! I pray to god you are no longer with him

But yes, hair will grow back slowly, and until then there are extensions.
ac132
He apologised in an EMAIL?! What the hell! I pray to god you are no longer with him

But yes, hair will grow back slowly, and until then there are extensions.

Lol. To extend what? :toofunny:
R£SP£CT
:lolwut: Why do girls like their hair so much? lol

Because we get told in nasty ways I suppose that short hair is gross and that a bald head is good enough to get you socially outcasted.

Which shouldn't be when I had short hair I had to deal with abuse from people about it and when I was nearly bald the same thing really.
apparantly castor oil helps hair growth.
Reply 27
R£SP£CT
What happens when someone is drunk and murders someone, purely out of being drunk?. What if that victim is related to you?.

I know alot argue that everyone is responsible for themselves blah etc...
From where I stand, prevention is better than cure. Stop being so narrow-minded and look at the bigger picture. Look what alcohol did to the OP.

look at the bigger picture and realise that people also enjoy it. unfortuante things happen, but swings and roundabouts
Reply 28
Leave. I haven't read the thread but if he was violent with you once then staying gives him the green light to do it again.
Let me put this in plain simple english for you. I proposed that the OP should be with people who do not drink alcohol therefore the chances of that happening again, are literally none.

Then I stated my viewpoint regarding alcohol generally.

Some people drink sensible in todays society, however alot do not. Once people go past their limit, they lose their consciousness and rationality. Any actions they do as a result, does not constiture to their conscious and rational behaviour, but a subdued behaviour as a result of too much alcohol.

Todays society is practically endorsed in alcohol consumption. This stratospherically heightens the chance of crimes occuring. You're right it was the persons decision to drink alcohol in the first place, but IT WAS NOT THE PERSON'S INTENTION TO RIP OUT HAIR OF A GIRL HE HAS BEEN WITH for years!.

It is literally impossible to stamp out the chances of crimes caused by alcohol, by punishing the individual who consumed the alcohol in the first place. Whats the point?. The damage has already been done. Do you like seeing people suffer as a result of alcohol abuse?. Society would be much more friendly, safer and hospitable if people did not drink alcohol. For goodness sake people are frightened to go out at night due of the hostile nature of drunk people. Theyre even frightened to go out in the daytime!.

I could think of a tonne of reasons of why banning alcohol can be a good thing. Its not about civil liberties or individuality anymore, its past that stage. Society itself is beginning to shatter under the influence of Alcohol. Do you know how much money the NHS could save if people were not drunk in the first place?. Do you know how many alcohol related deaths can be prevented if it were to be implemented?. Thats life we are talking about.

I dont plan to talk about this anymore as I can't see this heading anywhere.
Spinnerette
Because we get told in nasty ways I suppose that short hair is gross and that a bald head is good enough to get you socially outcasted.

Which shouldn't be when I had short hair I had to deal with abuse from people about it and when I was nearly bald the same thing really.

Fair enough.
Weyre going in circles. Can you accept this?

No alcohol= no drunk people= no drunken anti-social related crimes
Then you agree with my view. No doubt that there will be anti-social behaviour that is not related to being drunk at all.
Reply 33
~emy~
I’m very sorry to hear that you had to go through this. :console:
The hair will grow back - I once lost a patch of hair in my head due to alopecia and it soon grew back.
I can't believe someone would do that. It just makes me sick.
If I were in your situation I would hit him back really hard with something on the head. Let him know how it feels. The police are just a waste of time but you never know they might help. Definitely don't go back to him. People like that deserve to live a lonely life

It is never a waste of time to report this to the police, this man deserves to be reported this is a pretty nasty assault. If someone on the street did this to you first place I go is the police station. For the OP, I understand how difficult this would be to do, but someone who can do this when drunk is dangerous and needs to be reported. You deserve better than that. The issue is whether you want to be in a relationship where this can happen- a person who is meant to love you. The next is whether you think you are worthy of justice, because tbh crap like that needs to be dealt with.

In terms of your hair I am unsure, but I think it would grow back, as the damage would be on a surface level.
Hi,I was with someone for 1 months and friends with him for him for 3 years and he just did this **** to me. First off, some of these comments are straight up stupid ignorant and disrespectful. Even asking you why he did this is enough to piss me off, it doesn’t matter why its that he did this. Don’t ask why just look at what he did as his true colors and drinking isn’t a excuse.From what I’ve been understanding it can grown back but it won’t be the same. It will be very delicate wispy pieces. So you and me are screwed. I am debating on getting some extensions to hide the bald spot and just waiting years for it to grow back. It won’t even grow until 3 months after being ripped out because hair goes into a resting phase. I’m sorry this happen to us. Just leave that **** face.
Reply 35
Original post by SarahMack
Hi,I was with someone for 1 months and friends with him for him for 3 years and he just did this **** to me. First off, some of these comments are straight up stupid ignorant and disrespectful. Even asking you why he did this is enough to piss me off, it doesn’t matter why its that he did this. Don’t ask why just look at what he did as his true colors and drinking isn’t a excuse.From what I’ve been understanding it can grown back but it won’t be the same. It will be very delicate wispy pieces. So you and me are screwed. I am debating on getting some extensions to hide the bald spot and just waiting years for it to grow back. It won’t even grow until 3 months after being ripped out because hair goes into a resting phase. I’m sorry this happen to us. Just leave that **** face.

This thread is 9 years old lol, i'm sure she's fine now
Maybe alcohol should be outlawed again
Are you serious? A second chance? Closure? Having your hair ripped out is the closure and abusers are the best at pretending to be sorry. You give them a second chance it will happen again I know from experience and for future reference if anyone hurts you, you never give them a second chance. That’s the sign you are with a loser that would hurt you. That’s not love at all.
Leave him and report to police. Your hair will grow back but it will take time. You can go to a hairdresser to fix it up with extensions or a wig or something.
Original post by Anonymous
Leave him and report to police. Your hair will grow back but it will take time. You can go to a hairdresser to fix it up with extensions or a wig or something.

i am sure the OPs hair has had enough time to grow back in the 9 years since this post

Latest

Trending

Trending