The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Butterflyleg
Yes, this is me in my profile pic, but to be honest, it has never crossed my mind that every teenage guy would find me attractive lol

Spoiler

why wouldn't they? :dontknow: seriously...
Yes I'd be flattered if anyone found me attractive, but it's just plain awkward cos then if you so much as talk to them they get ideas. It's really bad when someone who irritates the hell out of you likes you though.
Reply 42
No I dont find it flattering, I hate it......it makes me think im ugly too and that the reason they've told me that is because they think they're in with a chance.
sil3nt_cha0s
why wouldn't they? :dontknow: seriously...

Well, I have really no idea :dontknow:
...but probably I am not the right person to answer your question.

Perhaps you should ask teenage guys? :teehee:

:wink:
If this person is a boy I would feel very very uncomfortable :P

But if it is agirl... lets see...
Reply 45
Yeah, who wouldn't be flattered :biggrin:
though if they start to tell you "oh you're way out my league" blah blah and still ask you to buy them drinks, it can be akward... :p:
Reply 46
Seems strange to me that pretty much all the girls are saying they'd be flattered. In my experience, they generally aren't. Perhaps I know the wrong girls?

Still, I think I'd be flattered if someone unattractive found me attractive.
What a question.......

Why are people who don't fit societies' ideology of "attractive" treated as social criminals/third class citizens? I really don't get the pathetic constant mental segregation afforded to these unfortunate individuals. Fair enough if the feature that is making the person unattractive is a variable, but when it isn't, I don't see why people get so much enjoyment out of bellitling & persecuting these people. I'm stopping now before this turns into a dissertation......

Just incase someone gets the wrong end of the stick here, I'm not saying go out with someone you find unattractive, that would be ridiculous. I just find societies' perpetual obsession with arselicking beautiful people and making asthetically challenged people feel like their existance is a stain on mankind rather insidious.

P.S No I don't generally, ironically enough
Reply 48
I would accept the compliment then avoid them.
Reply 49
i woudn't mind if like i knew them and stuff

but i would stab them if they were a random indian freshy on the bus for example
Reply 50
Dude Where's My Username

Why are people who don't fit societies' ideology of "attractive" treated as social criminals/third class citizens? I really don't get the pathetic constant mental segregation afforded to these unfortunate individuals. Fair enough if the feature that is making the person unattractive is a variable, but when it isn't, I don't see why people get so much enjoyment out of bellitling & persecuting these people. I'm stopping now before this turns into a dissertation......

The Halo Effect. The first thing that we learn about a person (or about anything else, really) influences how we perceive everything else about them. Given that, usually, the first thing that we notice about someone is how they look, physical beauty is naturally associated with kindness, intelligence, a good sense of humour etc, while ugly people are thought of as depraved monsters (OK, I exaggerate a little, but there is certainly a bias).
Yes I would be.
Reply 52
Yes. Just because someone is unattractive doesn't mean they are also like unattractive people.
(edited 12 years ago)
Yeah, why not?
Reply 54
yeah but that goes for every complement
no
Given the severe lack of people who find me attractive I'd probably think they were trying to wind me up. If I was certain they weren't, which is unlikely, then of course I'd be flattered.
qazwsx123
No I dont find it flattering, I hate it......it makes me think im ugly too and that the reason they've told me that is because they think they're in with a chance.

lol exactly, i like honest girls like you, not those fake ass girls on tsr
Flattered yes, but, depending upon the person this feeling may also be accompanied by unease/discomfort/guilt/anxiety/etc

So in short it's not really worth it.
Reply 59
Lilwaynefan
lol exactly, i like honest girls like you, not those fake ass girls on tsr

Lol, I cant understand why most people on here are saying they would be flattered, I always feel butt ugly after.

Latest

Trending

Trending