The Student Room Group

Ashamed of Black Boyfriend

Well girls and guys I need your opinion.

It's been a while since this black football player guy and me have this casual thing. I am south european and he is african.

I am studying in the best uni of London with all these rich and sometimes arrogant people around and although I consider myself an easygoing person I'm trying dress nice and be serious.

About the guy, he is handsome with very hot body but sometimes he shows up with a bit more gangsta attire, you know buggy jeans and hats, and he has quite hard time speaking and writing in english (he's only a few years in the uk), not to mention he is too loud when he speaks.

The problem is that I feel somehow ashamed about being with him in public because I'm afraid some of my friends or family may see us together. I know it sounds very cynical and bitchy.

I don't dare to tell him to change his style or to try being more discreet because this might hurt him and I don't want it by any means. He's a very nice guy but the problem is that we two totally different worlds (education-culture-interests).

Should I just leave him or try to work things out?

Thanks for the understanding
Anonymous

It's been a while since this black football player guy and me have this casual thing. I am south european and he is african.

I am studying in the best uni of London with all these rich and sometimes arrogant people around and although I consider myself an easygoing person I'm trying dress nice and be serious.

About the guy, he is handsome with very hot body but sometimes he shows up with a bit more gangsta attire, you know buggy jeans and hats, and he has quite hard time speaking and writing in english (he's only a few years in the uk), not to mention he is too loud when he speaks.

The problem is that I feel somehow ashamed about being with him in public because I'm afraid some of my friends or family may see us together. I know it sounds very cynical and bitchy.

I don't dare to tell him to change his style or to try being more discreet because this might hurt him and I don't want it by any means. He's a very nice guy but the problem is that we two totally different worlds (education-culture-interests).

Wish I had some buggy jeans :frown:
TROLL. Get back to your happy WAG life where he buys you diamond necklace and cars.
Reply 3
Troll
Reply 4
A black footballer and he's been in this country for a couple of years...

some more clues please.
Reply 5
the pic in your sig is disgusting
itz the high time you and him parted. you are completely different. However much you deceive yourself thast you love him, you will one day part coz you are not reading from the same script. Itz like you are living on a lie. He is not your type. Sorry if I sound harsh.
Anonymous

Unless he doesn't know how to behave in public (in that case you should tell him in a NICE way) I would say 'who cares what you're friends think?'
If you are as besotted with this guy as it seems why should you be ashamed to be seen with him. There was obviously something about his behaviour which attracted you in the 1st place.

I hope this helps :smile:
Lol he is fresh off the boat so not suprised he is loud. Tell him about his trousers, when my cousin first came here he used to do what you say your boyfriend does my mum just told him about the cultural differences between Ghana and the UK and he understood now he has adapted.
lol, 'buggy jeans'
Reply 10
Don't leave him! Screw what they think. You're happy and you love each other so it shouldn't matter what other people think/ However, it doesn't work like this in real life so maybe be brave and introduce him to your uni friends and let them get used him and probably grow to love spending time with him like you do. Good luck!
You going out with michael essien?

Latest

Trending

Trending