The Student Room Group

Eating nuts as snaks for muscle gain - which nuts are best?

I have recently been eating roasted and salted nuts, are these not ideal for muscle gaining snacks?

I heard almonds are best?

Can anyone please clarify, thanks.

I thought huts are full of fat, I want to gain muscle not fat. I work out regularly and have a decent diet.
Reply 1
You need essential fatty acids for a healthy diet, and muscle gains. Nuts are a good source. Almonds are a good option.
Nuts are full of good fat. You cannot compare the fats in an almond to the fats in some rubbish from McDonalds!
Also, eat natural nuts, not salted.
Reply 3
Nuts are deadly. I never eat them.
xCBRx
Nuts are deadly. I never eat them.

What do you mean deadly? They are only deadly if you are allergic..
soy nuts om nom nom
Mine :sexface:
Reply 7
Nuts are great, Peanut butter also, try to get a natural one though if you like it like Whole Earth or Meridian.

Almonds and Walnuts are great, but pretty much any nuts are good as long as they are unsalted/ not sugared.

I get this bag of 'Trail mix' from Coop, it's got allsorts in it, plenty of nuts, and dried fruit, makes an excellent snack. And tend to have a teaspoon of peanut butter most days, as its full of good fats that are great for your heart, helps my endurance with cardio for sure since iv'e started increasing my intake of nuts.
Does anyone have experience with pangra nuts? If so where can I get them in the UK. Thank you very much for any help.
Cashews and almond are the best!!!!
Reply 10
Almonds are definitely the best. Another easy snack I'd recommend is pumpkin seeds - packed with protein and calories.

And don't worry about the fat contents, as long as you stick to your macros, you won't get fat.

Quick Reply

Latest