The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just tell him that its something you want to do so that you know you are in control kinda thing... Its better than having a baby surely!? Just talk to him and he will see reason. If not just do it anyway x
Reply 21
Quail
If you don't mind how it will affect your body and your hormones, I think you should do it! It's sensible, and I don't know why he wouldn't want the extra protection against pregnancy? And of course there are the other positive side effects to consider (can clear up skin etc.)... it's bizarre, I've never heard of a boy against his girlfriend going on the pill before!

Actually forgot about that, might mention that to him as I do have bad skin :ninja:

I think I will get it anyway. But tell him first of course, don't want to do it behind his back.
Sorani
Well, just say that really it's down to the pill or no sex, pick or choose. It sounds harsh, but I really really wouldn't want to just be having sex with a condom, especially if I knew it was going to be regularly.

Having sex just with a condom isnt all that bad!!! lol :o:
Anonymous
He says it will mess with my hormones (but that's the point :rolleyes:) I was looking into the pill/ implant/ injection etc as I don't want to bother with condoms but he doesn't seem to agree... what can I say to persuade him that it's ok?

So is he worried that you will start acting differently? Or that they won't work and it will not be as safe as a condom?

I am pretty sure the pill has a higher success rate at stopping pregnancy than condoms.

Why don't you suggest to him that you just try it for a few months? And see how it goes?
Reply 24
He's got an STD. He wants to keep using the condom so that he doesn't have to tell you.
Hmmm, the first time I went on the pill I was super moody but then I changed and it was one of the best things I've done. I need to go back on it actually.
Just tell him that it'd easier and cheaper than always buying condoms
Anonymous
He says it will mess with my hormones (but that's the point :rolleyes:) I was looking into the pill/ implant/ injection etc as I don't want to bother with condoms but he doesn't seem to agree... what can I say to persuade him that it's ok?

You don't need to persuade him and you don't need to tell him. I'd be worried that he thinks the pills you take for your body are any of his business, I assume you're not a married couple trying for a child or anything.

EDIT: Are you talking about swapping condoms for pills? Then yeah in that case it's his choice too, he shouldn't feel pressured to have sex without a condom (STD's and all that!). But if it's about taking pills as well as using condoms as an extra precautionary measure then it really, really isn't anyone's business except your own.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by &#1610
You don't need to persuade him and you don't need to tell him. I'd be worried that he thinks the pills you take for your body are any of his business, I assume you're not a married couple trying for a child or anything.

EDIT: Are you talking about swapping condoms for pills? Then yeah in that case it's his choice too, he shouldn't feel pressured to have sex without a condom (STD's and all that!). But if it's about taking pills as well as using condoms as an extra precautionary measure then it really, really isn't anyone's business except your own.

Yes. But he says STDs aren't his reason, he's been checked and there's no way I have one. I think he's just too concerned for me :o:
Reply 28
Anonymous

I know it's more up to me but it does involve him as he doesn't want me to get pregnant either :P

Not really though, if he didn't think the pill was safe that's anouther thing but it's not like you can't continue using condoms.

It's your hormones and your body and that has nothing to do with him, like you said if it does have a bad effect you can always go off it straight away.
Reply 29
Wtf surely it's a joint decision whether you have unprotected sex or not. I mean you could go on the pill by all means but he might not want to risk not using a condom.

I think unprotected sex is awesome but you have to respect each others wishes.
Anonymous

The body is your..but the relationship is yours so I suggest listening to his reasons and do a bit of research, ask some doctors etc.
If you don't find out anything bad about taking pills that's alright, otherwise..use the condoms!

P.S. Condoms were used even from prehistorical times,(made of animal intestines and others)and they are recognized for their safety!
Reply 31
Davezk
Wtf surely it's a joint decision whether you have unprotected sex or not. I mean you could go on the pill by all means but he might not want to risk not using a condom.

I think unprotected sex is awesome but you have to respect each others wishes.

What? I don't want unprotected sex, I want to go on the pill. He just wants to use condoms on their own which has a higher risk of pregnancy than the pill on its own (condom is 98%, pill is 99% - I know it's not much difference but the pill is better)
beci.please
Tell him you're pregnant.
Leave it a few weeks.
Tell him you were joking.
Yay pill.

lol
beci.please
Tell him you're pregnant.
Leave it a few weeks.
Tell him you were joking.
Yay pill.

BF kills girl for lying.
It's up to you, he can only put up his argument and then leave it at that. If it ever comes to him trying to force you or getting really narky about it, tell him it's your body and you can protect it/do what you want with it in whatever way you see fit.

If he stills get narky then....well, fake-positive pregnancy test time it is! Ok maybe not that's a bit cruel: just tell him to get lost if he's still insistent!
(edited 13 years ago)
I think it's really sweet that your boyfriend is so concerned about this. I'm sure there are lots of men who wouldn't give a crap about what their girlfriends did for contraception - as long as she didn't get pregnant. Many others would welcome their girlfriend going on the pill because of potentially better sex, more spontinaeity, not having to fork out for condoms - you get the idea - but not actually give a thought to the side effects, some very serious, that women can experience on the pill. I think it really shows that he cares about you and your welfare rather than just seeing you as, sorry to put it bluntly, a sexual object. If you personally want to go on the pill and your GP gives it all the go ahead, sit down with him, talk about it and reassure him.
Reply 36
He wants a babeh! Look out.

Usually it's you women who want to trap us but in this case I think he's trying to trap you.

It's none of his business anyway so go on it if you want to, he can't stop you and shouldn't get a say.
Reply 37
Anonymous
What? I don't want unprotected sex, I want to go on the pill. He just wants to use condoms on their own which has a higher risk of pregnancy than the pill on its own (condom is 98%, pill is 99% - I know it's not much difference but the pill is better)

So long as he knows that you're not saying it's an alternative but just extra insurance. To be honest, unless you made it clear then saying you're going on the pill is basically suggesting you don't want to use condoms anymore.

Surely you can agree with that?

It's your body you can take what you like but sex is a joint decision - that's only the point I was making.
Reply 38
Climbontoyourseahorse
I think it's really sweet that your boyfriend is so concerned about this. I'm sure there are lots of men who wouldn't give a crap about what their girlfriends did for contraception - as long as she didn't get pregnant. Many others would welcome their girlfriend going on the pill because of potentially better sex, more spontinaeity, not having to fork out for condoms - you get the idea - but not actually give a thought to the side effects, some very serious, that women can experience on the pill. I think it really shows that he cares about you and your welfare rather than just seeing you as, sorry to put it bluntly, a sexual object. If you personally want to go on the pill and your GP gives it all the go ahead, sit down with him, talk about it and reassure him.

Awww yeh he is like that :o: I have decided to talk to him again and say I will try it and if it doesn't go well I can always stop.
My guy didn't really like the idea of me taking pills either for whatever reason, but tell him you really want to - you choose to- and that you want it to feel better for both of you (because you love him hehe). So tell him to just be happy about it that you want to :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending