The Student Room Group

Parents are hurt and I’ve realised it’s all my fault?? am i the selfish one?

Hey I’m sure some of u have seen the threads about me being a fcked up muslim and a bad daughter to my parents. Today I was at home since my dad didn’t let me leave the house due to the problems that we have had recently (found out about me drinking, clubbing and having a bf). So my mum sat me down and brought like 6 family albums, I spent hours looking at them and couldn’t help crying. It made me realise and appreciate what my parents have done for me and it also made me see where I come from and how i should behave. I am not going to lie but I am some messed up lil bitch and yes I can admit it today. I feel like **** and really regret all the things that i have done in my past..I want to go and tell my parents that im really sorry and beg for forgiveness I have broken their heart and trust. I fcking hate myself right now, I can’t believe how selfish i have become and how badly i have treated my parents. I want to make things right and i really don’t know how to start. I really need to get back on track and show my parents that I am really really sorry. Looking at those pictures has changed me so much I never thought that i would actually call myself a selfish bitch! I feel really guilty and want to actually kill myself for all the times i caused my parents pain :frown: they are sososo disappointed in me and I think my dad hates me. don’t know what to do.. :frown:

EDIT:soz just changed the title lol the old one was dry and too long, only reason for this was to get more replies coz im really upset and i need some wise words from wise pppl :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
anyone with any good advice?
Reply 2
Drinking, clubbing and having a boyfriend isn't 'bad'.
You probably just want to be like every other girl your age, your parents should be able to understand that. Obviously you don't have the same religious values as them, so I'd have a talk about that instead of trying to convince them that you're going to change.
Reply 3
Original post by I-love-life
Hey I’m sure some of u have seen the threads about me being a fcked up muslim and a bad daughter to my parents. Today I was at home since my dad didn’t let me leave the house due to the problems that we have had recently (found out about me drinking, clubbing and having a bf). So my mum sat me down and brought like 6 family albums, I spent hours looking at them and couldn’t help crying. It made me realise and appreciate what my parents have done for me and it also made me see where I come from and how i should behave. I am not going to lie but I am some messed up lil bitch and yes I can admit it today. I feel like **** and really regret all the things that i have done in my past..I want to go and tell my parents that im really sorry and beg for forgiveness I have broken their heart and trust. I fcking hate myself right now, I can’t believe how selfish i have become and how badly i have treated my parents. I want to make things right and i really don’t know how to start. I really need to get back on track and show my parents that I am really really sorry. Looking at those pictures has changed me so much I never thought that i would actually call myself a selfish bitch! I feel really guilty and want to actually kill myself for all the times i caused my parents pain :frown: they are sososo disappointed in me and I think my dad hates me. don’t know what to do.. :frown:

Hey i read the above ^^
Its good hearing that you admit your mistakes :smile:
Its never too late and they your parents. Parents are parents. They forgive you.. thats the best thing about them. Go up to them, tell them how exactly you feel. Let all your emotions about and sincerely apologise. We all make mistakes in life so don't think your the only one that feels like that :smile:
Find your self a motive.. something to keep you focused. You studying? Why don't you get more in to that? That way you'll stay away from all the other stuff.. As a Muslim who has seen the wonders of the 5 prayers.. i advise you strongly to start praying them :smile:
If you have them, you stop all other things.. its amazing how it works.
Good luck.. hope that helped. Im not the best at advice :colondollar: xx
Reply 4
Don't you think by killing yourself, they would be even much more dissapointed?

think about your actions and express your feelings to them because they may never know you are sorry :smile:
Reply 5
What was actually in the photos, that made you realise your a "bitch"?
Reply 6
Original post by Stems
What was actually in the photos, that made you realise your a "bitch"?

well just childhood photos and photos of my grandparents (R.I.P),, it made me realise where I come from..I shouldn't be behaving the way I do and should put my act together and be a better daughter :frown:
Reply 7
well just childhood photos and photos of my grandparents (R.I.P),, it made me realise where I come from..I shouldn't be behaving the way I do and should put my act together and be a better daughter :frown:

Ok, well my advise would be, if you feel that you have treated your parents badly apologise to both of them and tell them how you feel. Maybe you can cook them a meal or something.

The best thing you can do is just change your ways, that's the only way they will see that you mean it.

Oh I am 100% sure your dad doesn't hate you.
Reply 8
Original post by Stems
Ok, well my advise would be, if you feel that you have treated your parents badly apologise to both of them and tell them how you feel. Maybe you can cook them a meal or something.

The best thing you can do is just change your ways, that's the only way they will see that you mean it.

This!
Reply 9
Original post by Stems

I can't cook lol but this sounds good :smile: thanks the only problem is that my dad is blancking me so i don't really know how to start a convo with him :frown:
Reply 10
That is awesome, if my kids will ever become out of order, I will pull up Teh Family Album.

Super Effective.

In the grand scheme of things I wouldn't really call those problems, on the contrary, it may just show you're developing normally.
Reply 12
(found out about me drinking, clubbing and having a bf).

It's called 'having a life', calm down.
Reply 13
tl;dr

Cool story OP
Reply 14
I can't cook lol but this sounds good :smile: thanks the only problem is that my dad is blancking me so i don't really know how to start a convo with him :frown:

Well you said your parents are religious, so maybe you can ask him if you can pray together, after you finish you can start the conversation. Surely he wont refuse to speak to you after praying.
To be honest, I don't think you've done anything wrong.

I personally don't see how these factors determine that you're a bad person. I'm assuming you go clubbing, drinking etc, because you enjoy it? As long as you're behaving well and not doing anything immoral, then it's all good.

I understand where you're coming from, in regards to the childhood album and being reminiscent of the old days. But that was then, and this is now, you grew up and developed your own mind and lifestyle. Stop dwelling and do what makes you happy.
Reply 16
Original post by Stems
Well you said your parents are religious, so maybe you can ask him if you can pray together, after you finish you can start the conversation. Surely he wont refuse to speak to you after praying.

omg this is such a goood idea thanks :smile: yh i need to teach myself first lol then once I know it i will ask him :smile: thank you :smile: I give a rep right now :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by WildBerrySpirit
To be honest, I don't think you've done anything wrong.

I personally don't see how these factors determine that you're a bad person. I'm assuming you go clubbing, drinking etc, because you enjoy it? As long as you're behaving well and not doing anything immoral, then it's all good.

I understand where you're coming from, in regards to the childhood album and being reminiscent of the old days. But that was then, and this is now, you grew up and developed your own mind and lifestyle. Stop dwelling and do what makes you happy.

yh i do lyk drinking and clubbing but my parents are really hurt atm..I just think im being really selfish and I wana think about them before myslef for once :smile: the thing is i feel really sorry for them since im the only child aswell, its lyk they have lost every hope in me.. :frown:
I read the original post and i dont think you did anything wrong in the first place!
buuut that said, theyre your family... whatever youve done in the past, theyll be there for you. they dont hate you, quite the opposite! they should love you unconditionally... just go and appologise if you feel so strongly that youve been a bitch to them! :smile: maybe this will make you even closer to them? :smile:
Reply 19
Its good to know you realise, thats really good! You took the big step now the rest should be easy :smile: Your dad does NOT hate you, obviously you will have to make an effort to make them forgive you..i think you know whats best, best of luck! x :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending