The Student Room Group

Do women find playing the guitar attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheRealDarthVader
That takes dedication. After a while you can notice a real difference between your fretting and plucking hands.

Oh so you play too? I'd love to, I really would, its just my skin is so soft that I kept getting blisters which then meant I had to abandon ship for a few days- and my dad is so impatient - he does backing tracks for big names. I love writing songs you see, usually I use my keyboard but the guitar is so much better for that sort of thing, and the sound I want. Ha less Alesha keys and more kings of leon :-)
Reply 21
My ex boyfriend used to play the guitar but that wasn't the reason why I went for him, I wouldn't say playing a guitar was attractive but it isn't unattractive either...
I've found it's just an easy way for girls to show their interest. 'Play a song for me...'
Reply 23
It shows you have an interest and talent.

That only refers to guys who havent jumped on the bandwagan when it became cool.
Reply 24
Yeah totaaaaaally dawg! Like, I usually pick up a rusted ol' Gibson and rock da **** all night - and I don' jus' mean on da guitar, I mean in da bed! Hoooooahhh baby, It's a smooooooooth life!
Reply 25
Yes, If you're good. I like acoustic the best :smile:

On X Factor, I only ever find that guy attractive when he plays the guitar.
Reply 26

This is attractive.
Reply 27
Talent in general is attractive.
Reply 28
wel thats a nice thought... thanks...

:P
Reply 29
Original post by Kash:)
Yes, If you're good. I like acoustic the best :smile:

On X Factor, I only ever find that guy attractive when he plays the guitar.

really? becasue he's terrible at playing the guitar!
i guess its just the way to go about saying that you can play the guitar... and not using the "im in a band..." chat up line. :biggrin:
Are guys really that desperate? Really?
Reply 31
As far as guitars go i'd say Acoustic is the way to a bitches Heart!
Reply 32
Original post by mrCinderella

really? becasue he's terrible at playing the guitar!
i guess its just the way to go about saying that you can play the guitar... and not using the "im in a band..." chat up line. :biggrin:

Just holding the guitar makes him look more attractive to me.
I saw I photo of one of the guys from 1D holding a guitar, instantly made him more attractive.
Reply 33
yeah...so... ive been playing guitar for about 7 years now and not to brag or anything, but i am pretty good... but ive never used it to "get" girls. people i know are starting to learn to play the guitar becasue theywant to atract girls... ive never really boasted about playing the guitar.
so girls... do you find it attractive?
and guys... how do you then go about "seducing" with a guitar?
:wink:

I think a guy who plays any instrument is attractive, but guitar/drums especially so!
If a guy could knock out a half decent Metallica/BFMV rhythm on his guitar I'd be half way to dragging him home haha :wink:
Hell yes! imo it's oh so attractive :drool:

How about the other way round.. do guys find it attractive if a girl plays the guitar? :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by heartimplode
Hell yes! imo it's oh so atttractive :drool:

How about the other way round.. do guys find it attractive if a girl plays the guitar? :tongue:

LMAO, Girls can't play Guitar!:rofl:
Reply 36
Original post by aliluvschoc

This is attractive.

:sexface:

Synyster Gates of Avenged Sevenfold, am I correct?
Reply 37
I find the guitar pretty useful in terms of mathematical calculation, can't explain the formula. It works pretty good specially when I play it in the morning. But girls? I have never tried implying the guitar on attracting girls. Doesn't it work? Shall I give it a try? However I'm very 'kanjus' person. If guitar doesn't work on girls, then I'm gonna come back to this thread and find every of those who says it works on girls and give them all 10 neg rep each in many different threads in our TSR.

Have I gone crazy?
Original post by Hooj
LMAO, Girls can't play Guitar!:rofl:

but some can.. nobody needs to be like Jimmy Page or Hendrix to say they 'play the guitar'.
Reply 39
It WAS attractive for me, but after breaking up with my bf, who was in a "band", and after hanging out with all of his "talented" friends I find all of this "music" bull**** a little repulsive. On the other hand I must say, playing guitar helped him, but horrible personality can ruin everything, and talent won't help you there.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending