The Student Room Group

Boyfriend has to see ex wife, should I be worried?

Scroll to see replies

OP you sound really rude and immature
Original post by Aurora.
Fail. I've been with my boyfriend for about a year now. He has more tantrums than I do.

Boys just don't grow up as fast
:rolleyes:

Now stop stereotyping, get off your high horse, and leave her alone.

Ironic!
yes i see where your coming from but try not to get worked up if you cant find anything suspicious. perhaps you could tag along with him, i know it may be awkward but if it eases your worry it will be worth it. do you know if this girl still likes him in that way or in reverse. i mean if he does still love his wife then if anything happens between them you will know were u stand. good luck
Original post by Aurora.
Have you read some of the nonsense posted on this forum? Don't be so stupid, majority opinion does not make it so, especially when
people are basing their entire opinions on ages and social norms.

Men used to come out of the army aged 45 and marry 16year olds. It was normal. Things have changed, and you can't say one way is right and one way is wrong.

OP, you don't need to defend yourself. Just forget this thread and live your life.

Yes and it also used to be ok to keep a black man as a slave! Just because it used to be ok, doesn't make it so now.

At the end of the day, if theres a whole bunch of people half the age of the man in question saying "I wouldn't even go out with a 17 year old", then what the hell must people of his age say about it. Also what must be going through his mind to think this is acceptable. Clearly if most people say it is wrong, then yes it is wrong.

It is the social norm not to be racist or sexist or homophobic. So by your logic are the people that think it is ok to be these things right?
Reply 124
Original post by Law123mus
Ironic!

Kind of my point - I was being flippant.

Original post by Law123mus
Yes and it also used to be ok to keep a black man as a slave! Just because it used to be ok, doesn't make it so now.

At the end of the day, if theres a whole bunch of people half the age of the man in question saying "I wouldn't even go out with a 17 year old", then what the hell must people of his age say about it. Also what must be going through his mind to think this is acceptable. Clearly if most people say it is wrong, then yes it is wrong.

It is the social norm not to be racist or sexist or homophobic. So by your logic are the people that think it is ok to be these things right?

No. By my logic each situation should be judged individually. I believe that two people of very different ages can be good friends, and can fall in love. I don't think it's wrong.

I don't think the reason I'm not racist is because it's not what everyone else does; it's because I don't personally think it's logical or fair.

How exactly is being in a relationship with someone older than you comparable to keeping a slave?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending