The Student Room Group

Is Durham a good choice for Business?

OK so Ive applied for Business at:

Durham: Offer ABB (Stephenson College)
Sheffield: Offer ABB/AAC
Manchester: Offer ABB
Newcastle: Pending

Anyone know whether Durham is a good choice for Business or is Sheffield a better idea? I know Durham is a good uni but the business school is in Stockton and not really part of the Durham uni thing. On the other hand I like the fact that its collegiate and everyone belongs 2 a college. Seems 2 be more of a framework than some of the others which is good coz Im quite nervous about going alone etc.
Can anyone advise where they would go out of those four?
Reply 1
Out of those choices, I would have actually said Manchester is the best by far, and then Newcastle, then Sheffield/Durham tied. Durham Business isnt that great from what I have heard and its in the middle of nowehere, but it does have the Durham uni tag on the degree.
Original post by +epic
Out of those choices, I would have actually said Manchester is the best by far, and then Newcastle, then Sheffield/Durham tied. Durham Business isnt that great from what I have heard and its in the middle of nowehere, but it does have the Durham uni tag on the degree.

I know what u mean about Mcr being good as far as the actual course is concerned but Im not mad on the uni and I live in Newcastle so Id rather get far away from home if poss. Will probably go 2 Durham, i think the disadvantage of the location is overuled by the many advantages especially the value of the degree. Thanks 4 ur advice. Ppl have told me not 2 go 2 durham coz its crap 4 business so just wanted 2 know why everyone says so

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending