The Student Room Group

GCSE resits?

I'm only applying to university next academic year but I'm really worried about resits. I want to apply to medicine and I'm thinking about going to Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newcastle. In my GCSEs, I took the Edexcel course which was modular. I had two resits (a B in biology and an A in physics, both of which I brought up to A*'s) but neither really affected my overall grade (an A* in biology and an A in physics). But I heard that GCSE resits are now being seen as grounds to decline applications. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about Edinburgh, Newcastle or Glasgow's opinion on them? Or am I best contacting the admissions office of the unis?
Contact admissions.
Reply 2
I don't think they know if you have done a re sit or not but I'm not sure.
Reply 3
Original post by dustandglitter
I'm only applying to university next academic year but I'm really worried about resits. I want to apply to medicine and I'm thinking about going to Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newcastle. In my GCSEs, I took the Edexcel course which was modular. I had two resits (a B in biology and an A in physics, both of which I brought up to A*'s) but neither really affected my overall grade (an A* in biology and an A in physics). But I heard that GCSE resits are now being seen as grounds to decline applications. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about Edinburgh, Newcastle or Glasgow's opinion on them? Or am I best contacting the admissions office of the unis?

If you did the resits within the 2 years of GCSE, then the unis wont know about them. It's only resits taken out of this time that are a problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending