The Student Room Group
Reply 1
No.

You can decline all of your offers and apply through Extra if they have space, or if you applied to less than 6 unis you can add them now. If you want to change your original unis and it's within 10 days of your Welcome letter you might be able to.
I'm 99,99999% sure that you can only apply once per year!!
Reply 3
Are you saying that you've already submitted your application and want to change two of your courses and choice of university? Not sure whether it's possible to change unis if you've already sent it off.
Reply 4
I think you can change Unis up to 15 days (ish, read your UCAS welcome letter) after you apply.

I needed to change one of mine due to a course being withdrawn by the Uni. When i rang up they didn't even ask why i wanted to change it, so i should be possible for you to do that too.
Reply 5
If you apply through ucas extra do you go through the same application process- i mean writing a personal statment and everything?
Reply 6
no...i think your application youd submitted earlier would be used....
Reply 7
Oh, ok is that the same with clearing ? For example can you change your mind and go to a completely different course for clearing/ucas extra- ?
Reply 8
For Clearing, the basic information is used but you get a new form which doesn't have things like your PS or reference on. It just shows your name, your grades and that's about it really. You can go for a completely new course, but make sure it's what you want to do.
Reply 9
Thank you , i was just wondering cos i had no idea how it worked :biggrin:
Reply 10
Juno
For Clearing, the basic information is used but you get a new form which doesn't have things like your PS or reference on. It just shows your name, your grades and that's about it really. You can go for a completely new course, but make sure it's what you want to do.
Interesting. So universities decide who to accept almost solely based on your grades? Or will they have access to your existing UCAS form?
Reply 11
Thanks for the info, PQ.

Latest

Trending

Trending