The Student Room Group

can you increase your degree classifcation by doing additional modules after?

Hi, I've heard this about two people at the university I used to go to.

The year after they graduated they went back to university and studied an extra module or two, and said that the modules would replace a module they previously did, so that they could get a better classification.

But I thought the modules had to be completed in the 3 years, or 4 years or whatever depending on the course.

I tried searching online and found one site which was quite dated, where a person said they could get 2 years worth of modules transfered onto and open university degree, meaning they would only have to do one year to change their degree.

The only seemingly legitimate sources I can find though such as university websites say you can only get exempt from the first year.

is this true? Can you take additional modules after which can count towards your degree classification after youve been awarded it? Or transfer the first 2 years of an already completed degree to another so you only have to sit the last year?

if this is true it would really help, 1 module would help my classification, 3 modules would really really help.
Reply 1
Bump.

I wanna know the answer to this question as I'm in the position where I need to get some extra credit to bump up my current grades :frown:
Reply 2
Bumping a 2 year old thread?

You should talk to your university about this, they'll be able to give you a much better answer than any of us can. (Especially as you didn't mention where you study, what course, etc). Send your tutor an email and they'll be able to direct you to the right people to talk to.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending