The Student Room Group

Would you date someone who smokes joints every day?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by wactm
Not everyday. Ive done my 'smoke weed everyday' period. It isnt that good when you do it all the time for months on end, trust. 2/3 times a week is cool but not every single day. It has an effect that most people dont really understand until they stop.

Effect like what, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 181
I'm really against it personally..I went out with a guy who smoked joints to 'relax' but as time went on it started messing with his head...he'd get mood swings very severely he was just generally pretty messed up... :/ started treating me like **** etc became obsessive.. im not blaming the joints for it but it definately made an impact...and I know thats just one story but naturally it would make me think its always like that even though thats not the case...
Reply 182
Most people I know who smoke joints end up smoking a lot. For example, at luch breaks, between classes etc. I wouldn't want that. I know a few people who only smoke when going out though, wich I quite honestly prefer over drinking. A person who's high has much more control and stability than a super drunk person.
Reply 183
Original post by miss_p
Effect like what, if you don't mind me asking?

Well it does create a dependancy, not neccesarily for the weed itself but for the feeling of being high. Especially if you wake and bake every day. I also became a lot less social. Its well over a year since I stopped smoking everyday and my social life is not how it was. You lose motivation aswell, I know I did. Everyday is not good, It just isnt. Now I do it like two or three times a week.
Original post by in_vogue
You do realize that not all smokers rely on smoking to relax...right?

I'm referring specifically to those who smoke weed. When I've asked people about their habit in the past, I've always been told:
'it helps me relax'

Some cigarette smokers have said it's to relax and some say it's more of a social thing.
Anyway I don't think smoke is a good thing. Once I was on the train, a man sitted near me smoked a lot. I was very angry, but I patiently asked him to smoke outside. However, he said something I couldn't understand. I hated that.
Original post by Sophia Lee
Anyway I don't think smoke is a good thing. Once I was on the train, a man sitted near me smoked a lot. I was very angry, but I patiently asked him to smoke outside. However, he said something I couldn't understand. I hated that.

:bawling:
Reply 187
Original post by babygirl110
I'm referring specifically to those who smoke weed. When I've asked people about their habit in the past, I've always been told: .

Some cigarette smokers have said it's to relax and some say it's more of a social thing.

I was talking about those who smoke weed.
I was talking about those who smoke weed.

Sorry what I meant to say people who smoke weed have always told me that they do it just so that they can relax, that's the only explanation I've ever heard.

Those who smoke say its either to relax or a social thing.
Reply 190
Sorry what I meant to say people who smoke weed have always told me that they do it just so that they can relax, that's the only explanation I've ever heard.

Those who smoke say its either to relax or a social thing.

Alright, but what arguments do people give you to explain their drinking? To relax? To chill out? To have a laugh? Does that mean they ''rely'' on drink to feel relaxed, or does it mean they simply enjoy having a few drinks?
Alright, but what arguments do people give you to explain their drinking? To relax? To chill out? To have a laugh? Does that mean they ''rely'' on drink to feel relaxed, or does it mean they simply enjoy having a few drinks?

Most people I know drink socially, I'm one of them, I enjoy drinking cocktails because they taste nice and good for an evening out with friends. I know there are people who do it to relax which I think is a shame really. One of my friends used to do it to relax, she'd drink at home and socially just to calm the nerves down, any drink that had alcohol in it would do.
no I wouldn't date someone who smokes joints every day. I wouldn't date somebody who smokes joints at all.
Reply 193
who's gonna smoke some weeeeed toniiiighhht :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoEDMBpOFmg
Original post by xayshx
who's gonna smoke some weeeeed toniiiighhht :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoEDMBpOFmg

lol I had to rep you for showing me such an awesome song!!
Most people I know drink socially, I'm one of them, I enjoy drinking cocktails because they taste nice and good for an evening out with friends. I know there are people who do it to relax which I think is a shame really. One of my friends used to do it to relax, she'd drink at home and socially just to calm the nerves down, any drink that had alcohol in it would do.

im pretty sure there are non-alcoholic cocktails that actually taste better...

Also, drinking champers, wine or cocktails, purely for the taste, is pretty damn expensive dnt you think!!?

So Millions of people in this country drink for the taste? No, people drink because it gets them ****ed.
Original post by freakingout!
im pretty sure there are non-alcoholic cocktails that actually taste better...

Also, drinking champers, wine or cocktails, purely for the taste, is pretty damn expensive dnt you think!!?

So Millions of people in this country drink for the taste? No, people drink because it gets them ****ed.

I don't know why you like quoting me, I find your personal attacks so irritating.

I never said I drink champagne, I do not like it at all. I enjoy drinking red wine and cocktails.

If I like something then why shouldn't I spend money on it? If I like my red wine, why shouldn't I buy it? If I enjoy cocktails, why shouldn't I spend money on them?

Yes there are non alcoholic cocktails that are nice but there's better range in the alcoholic ones plus the bitter taste in the various mixers adds to the flavour.

I also drink amarula cream but don't like baileys much.

I can't speak for Brits, I'm foreign and so are my friends, I enjoy my drinks because they are nice and so do my friends.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 197
lol I had to rep you for showing me such an awesome song!!

haha :biggrin:
I don't know why you like quoting me, I find your personal attacks so irritating.

I never said I drink champagne, I do not like it at all. I enjoy drinking red wine and cocktails.

If I like something then why shouldn't I spend money on it? If I like my red wine, why shouldn't I buy it? If I enjoy cocktails, why shouldn't I spend money on them?

Yes there are non alcoholic cocktails that are nice but there's better range in the alcoholic ones plus the bitter taste in the various mixers adds to the flavour.

I also drink amarula cream but don't like baileys much.

I can't speak for Brits, I'm foreign and so are my friends, I enjoy my drinks because they are nice and so do my friends.

When the hell did I attack you personally?

And what is being foreign got to do with anyhing? :confused:

All I said was people in this country, are you not in this country?:rolleyes:
When the hell did I attack you personally?

And what is being foreign got to do with anyhing? :confused:

All I said was people in this country, are you not in this country?:rolleyes:

I recall my last message to you was please don't quote me again unless you have something that isn't personal to say. Well in this instance you haven't been personal yet.

The reason I mentioned I'm foreign was to highlight that I can't comment of the drinking habits of people in this country. I enjoy my drinks and so do people I know. We don't drink to get drunk, I find getting "wasted" horrible and disgusting.

Anyway, I don't even know why I'm responding, I don't see the point of most of your posts to me. I think what we have is a personality clash and can never have a sensible discussion. Please don't quote me again. Thank-you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending