The Student Room Group

Grown too attached to a guy.... how to now distance myself and my emotions???

So... Basically this is just as the question says:

"Grown too attached to a guy.... how to now distance myself and my emotions???"

Basically he's moving house in a few weeks, and I've let myself fall for him....

I know the simple answer to my question is "Duh, just don't speak to him anymore..." but I want us to remain friends after he leaves, it's just a case orf how to deal with my emotions I need help with....

Any advice would be welcome... And if you've been in the same situation how'd you deal with it???
Reply 1
someone please help :frown:
Unfortunately i don't think it's possible to stay 'good friends'... but that's just my opinion

I've been trying to get over my best friend since i came back to uni after christmas (3rd Jan)... i tried at first to try and move on while still speaking to him nearly eveyday... but just couldn't do it.

Then i tried only contacting him once every 4/5 days... but every day that i didn't speak to him i was driven crazy wondering what he was up to/ how he was and why he wasn't contacting me. I tried this for about 3wks but couldn't manage it

I now only speak to him once every couple of weeks... which is MUCH easier and im now at the point when i dont remember what date i last spoke to him/ who initiated the last conversation and i feel ready to actually see him, though admittedly im worried seeing him will bring it all back.

We're part of a group of 5 good friends, and we're going on holiday in the summer.. so i HAD to sort my head out & get some space as i couldn't deal with it anymore... it caused me to suffer really bad depression from September to December when i've been apart from him (long distance apart at uni) and i knew i deserved better than to feel like that over some guy... but i just couldn't shake it off so distancing myself was the only option. I hope one day once im completely 100% over it, and he is too, then we'll be able to go back to being such good friends once again
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending