Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Grown too attached to a guy.... how to now distance myself and my emotions??? watch

Announcements

So... Basically this is just as the question says:

"Grown too attached to a guy.... how to now distance myself and my emotions???"

Basically he's moving house in a few weeks, and I've let myself fall for him....

I know the simple answer to my question is "Duh, just don't speak to him anymore..." but I want us to remain friends after he leaves, it's just a case orf how to deal with my emotions I need help with....

Any advice would be welcome... And if you've been in the same situation how'd you deal with it???

someone please help

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately i don't think it's possible to stay 'good friends'... but that's just my opinion

I've been trying to get over my best friend since i came back to uni after christmas (3rd Jan)... i tried at first to try and move on while still speaking to him nearly eveyday... but just couldn't do it.

Then i tried only contacting him once every 4/5 days... but every day that i didn't speak to him i was driven crazy wondering what he was up to/ how he was and why he wasn't contacting me. I tried this for about 3wks but couldn't manage it

I now only speak to him once every couple of weeks... which is MUCH easier and im now at the point when i dont remember what date i last spoke to him/ who initiated the last conversation and i feel ready to actually see him, though admittedly im worried seeing him will bring it all back.

We're part of a group of 5 good friends, and we're going on holiday in the summer.. so i HAD to sort my head out & get some space as i couldn't deal with it anymore... it caused me to suffer really bad depression from September to December when i've been apart from him (long distance apart at uni) and i knew i deserved better than to feel like that over some guy... but i just couldn't shake it off so distancing myself was the only option. I hope one day once im completely 100% over it, and he is too, then we'll be able to go back to being such good friends once again

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2011
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.