Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveCrain)
    yes I know
    I'm confused... how come you'd apply there if you got a good UKCAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unbiased Opinion)
    I'm confused... how come you'd apply there if you got a good UKCAT?
    Because I want to go to Liverpool Medical School?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SylveeDiggs)
    What do they use then?
    GCSEs, Personal Statement and Interviews

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs, Personal Statement and Interviews
    oh then neva mind, with 5A* im outta the game already. guess im lookin at other options

ReputationRep:
    What do they use then?
    What I understand of it is that they want at least 15 points from your GCSE scores... so they take your top 9 GCSEs including english language, maths and science(s) and award 2 points for an A*/A and 1 point for a B. You need to be predicted AAB or AAA or something, I'm not sure tbh. And they look at your PS:

(Original post by Liverpool website)
    Applicants demonstrating the most academic potential are then assessed against our non-academic criteria which include health care career awareness and insight, caring for the local community and a critical, coherent, and informative approach to written communication. Applicants who also satisfy these criteria are invited to interview
    I love Liverpool for being so holistic. :heart:

ReputationRep:
    oh then neva mind, with 5A* im outta the game already. guess im lookin at other options
    An A* and an A are given the same points

ReputationRep:
    Well if you have 5 A*s and 4 As it's ok, as they are ranked the same and use the top 9

they probably discount bull**** GCSEs though

ReputationRep:
    Because I want to go to Liverpool Medical School?
    But it wasn't on your "where I'll apply if I get a bad UKCAT score" list?

ReputationRep:
    But it wasn't on your "where I'll apply if I get a bad UKCAT score" list?
    yes it was...

re-read!!

Where do you want to go?

ReputationRep:
    I have 5A* 5A's 3B's ,, reckon my ps could be good but dunno if thats enough for liverpool

ReputationRep:
    I have 5A* 5A's 3B's ,, reckon my ps could be good but dunno if thats enough for liverpool
    It probably depends what your Bs are. As I said, they take 9 GCSEs, A*/A=2 points, B=1.

ReputationRep:
    It probably depends what your Bs are. As I said, they take 9 GCSEs, A*/A=2 points, B=1.
    B in business (BB) and History (that was a shock to everyone haha)

ReputationRep:
    yes it was...

re-read!!

Where do you want to go?
    Sorry, then, my bad.

My most ideal uni would be Liverpool tbh! I'd also love to go to Manc or Glasgow, but they have pretty high UKCAT cut offs. I just want to live in a big city and go to a PBL uni. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, that sounds perfect for Liverpool... it would get you full marks on the GCSE section, I think.

Where would be your ideal uni?

ReputationRep:
    I NEED WORK EXPERIENCE!!! Haven't got any so far..how do u get it? All places have said no to me

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, then, my bad.

My most ideal uni would be Liverpool tbh! I'd also love to go to Manc or Glasgow, but they have pretty high UKCAT cut offs. I just want to live in a big city and go to a PBL uni. What about you?
    HYMS, Aberdeen/Glascow and I'll probably apply to Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaMode0914)
    I NEED WORK EXPERIENCE!!! Haven't got any so far..how do u get it? All places have said no to me
    I went to my careers adviser and college, sat with her for an hour while she rang all the GPs in my town and got a call back from one who arranged a week for me.

Incidentally, I quit after the first 2 days

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, that sounds perfect for Liverpool... it would get you full marks on the GCSE section, I think.

Where would be your ideal uni?
    well from a young age ive always been in love with imperial, but back then i was young and i was only in love with it because if the look the power the name and the thought of saying to someone "i go to imperial" lol. As i got older i went there and actually feel in love with it, like i felt at home. Then i checked the course and fell in lov with that too. Then i checked the entrace test and saw....BMAT. I heard we have to apply before we get our BMAT scores so i dunno if i want to risk it. My other ideal uni would be HYMS, Sheffield, Nottingham, Kings, UEA, St georges, basically a lot of places lol i cant decide. I really like intercalated (traditional mixed with PBL) but i also really like PBL and wouldnt mind too much in the end as long as i get an offer lol but im so scared!

You?

ReputationRep:
    I went to my careers adviser and college, sat with her for an hour while she rang all the GPs in my town and got a call back from one who arranged a week for me.

Incidentally, I quit after the first 2 days
    Just realised i forgot the darling liverpool (sorry liverpool) on my list. I also love beautiful places, interesting and relaxin, interesting things to see and people, and i love a romantic city or a city with great or intriguing history. Enough about me lol what about YOU?

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean, are you doing the real one and what topic is it? brings back memories this does
    It's real, and the topic is the coagulation of milk- only vaguely related to enzymes. It's those random as **** questions that get me, the ones you cannot revise or prepare for, no matter what you do.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.