Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Crushy)
    I used to be really into animation and programming (which lead to making computer flash games) up until I was about 14/15 but decided to focus on medicine. I used to think computer science but it doesn't seem like a very... social degree, even though I enjoy the content. But I couldn't flip it the other way and do something fully arty like animation/multimedia design on it's own because I'd miss my science! I'd rather not have to make such as decision to be fair, medicine all the way for now.
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loz876)
    YAY got an offer for my back-up!
    Oh, great news

What course?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doctor.)
    Oh, great news

What course?!
    maths at Aberdeen not that I really want to go there, but still, it's my first offer, at least I can go somewhere ! And BBB seems much more achievable than AAA atm...

ReputationRep:
    maths at Aberdeen not that I really want to go there, but still, it's my first offer, at least I go somewhere ! And BBB seems much more achievable than AAA atm...
    Aw that's great I went for Pharmacy, got an interview from Liverpool for Pharmacy :eek:

Only offer too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doctor.)
    Aw that's great I went for Pharmacy, got an interview from Liverpool for Pharmacy :eek:

Only offer too
    wow, interview for your backup? that would be just as stressful for me as a med interview! especially when they'd say "why do you want to do this course", I'd just be thinking to myself "well, I don't really, this is my fifth choice..."
    well done

ReputationRep:
    wow, interview for your backup? that would be just as stressful for me as a med interview! especially when they'd say "why do you want to do this course", I'd just be thinking to myself "well, I don't really, this is my fifth choice..."
    well done
    They don't know you where else you have applied.

ReputationRep:
    for what if i don't get in

might reapply, but more likely i would slip into an educational limbo and doing a bit of work, travelling, then getting my act together and getting a degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crushy)
    I used to be really into animation and programming (which lead to making computer flash games) up until I was about 14/15 but decided to focus on medicine. I used to think computer science but it doesn't seem like a very... social degree, even though I enjoy the content. But I couldn't flip it the other way and do something fully arty like animation/multimedia design on it's own because I'd miss my science! I'd rather not have to make such as decision to be fair, medicine all the way for now.
    Yeah, I know what you mean, except it was politics rather than animation for me. Medicine becomes a part of you in a really weird way cos you have to work so hard for it.

Aw, no, I wasn't implying that you should have to think about alternative careers, it's just an interesting question. :p:

ReputationRep:
    :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurie:))
    :beer:

ReputationRep:
    Goooooooooooddddddd Lucckkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!! :hugs: :heart:

ReputationRep:
    What's with the constipated face?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Besakt)
    They don't know you where else you have applied.
    I know, but I mean in my head I'd be thinking "I don't really want to do this degree, I actually want to do medicine", so it'd be weird for me to have to tell them i really want to do a degree that's second behind another!

ReputationRep:
    My fingers are crossed for you, let us know how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    Soooo close to 10,000 posts now :eek:

Good luck Laurie!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quackers93)
    Soooo close to 10,000 posts now :eek:

Good luck Laurie!
    Let's hit that mark tonight

ReputationRep:
    I don't want this thread to be shut down, I like it :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parle à ma main)
    I don't want this thread to be shut down, I like it :puppyeyes:
    It'll just be continued in a new one, like Medicine 2012 II...(hopeful entrants) !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    Let's hit that mark tonight
    *tries to think of something to post that's relevant to medicine so it doesn't count as spamming...*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    It'll just be continued in a new one, like Medicine 2012 II...(hopeful entrants) !!
    Except with a better name

Also, I've had over 500 posts in this thread

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2011

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.