The Student Room Group

UCAS reference

Hello,

I made a thread about my situation a while ago,

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1561072

I basically called up the unis I am interested in and they said they will consider me and are still accepting applications.

So I emailed my sixthform teacher for an academic reference from her, I sent the email on Thursday 24th March, and she still has not got back to me. I asked if she could provide me a reference for my UCAS application, I explained to her that I was unhappy where I am and wanted to move back to London. Now I am in an even bigger sticky situation as I have no one to ask for an academic reference!
I feel really embarrassed to email her again; she's just plain ignoring me, not even a reply to say she can't.

What should I do?? Running out of time, and my tutor at uni, I can't really ask him, as he does not even know me. Nobody turns up to tutorial and he prefers if no one turns up!
Keep pestering your teacher!

It doesn't really matter who your referee is as long as you have contact with them and they give you a good reference!
Reply 2
She might not be ignoring you - she might not have read her email yet! Or she might even have a new email address. The next best step would be to phone her at school and ask. If she can't do it she may be able to suggest another teacher, such as a subject teacher, who can.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending