Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My boyfriend broke up with me... :( watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loling909)
    I just thought I'd post this song. I like it :ahee: Hope it cheers you up.

Haters :mfing:
    That's such a nice song =]

ReputationRep:
    screw the ****er, he's not worth it - but ur education is. or..here's and idea; is he clever? if so, work really hard and get smarter than him! and if ur reli pissed at him, do something to **** up his education (mayb just a tiny bit)..

ReputationRep:
    All of your problems can be solved by my penis

ReputationRep:
    Friends.... rely on them alot. that's what they are there for.
    Let yourself be emotional for a while...but you have exams so pull yourself together after a small amount of self pitying time!
    Try not to talk to him- it's hard but it's harder when you keep talking to them (believe me!)

And yes work hard at your exams... it may seem impossible right now but try your hardest because it will distract you and you don't want him to have messed anything else up.
    And really really don't talk to him. It won't help.

me and my b/f of nearly 4 years broke up in December and I cut him out almost straight away. unfortunately he recently asked me to forgive him- which made me all upset n stressed out again. SO Please don't talk to them! they will play mind games haha. and you just really need to focus on you.

and it really will be ok. it doesn't seem like it at the time, but it will .

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BradP)
    You will be fine, look at it this way :-

One month later:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgy6p54Is81qc2ur1.gif
    All of that=

GENIUS.

ReputationRep:
    "living well is the best revenge"

ReputationRep:
    dry yer eyes mate! theirs plenty more fish in the sea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenVic92)
    My boyfriend (ex, I should say...) ended our relationship today. We had been together almost 16 months and we were quite serious :/ Basically, if people can post nice things to cheer me up that would be great, and also any advice on keeping happy because my exams are soon and I need to study!
    You're too good for him anyway. Better to look at the long term rather than the short term, because relationships often lead to sacrifices. Those sacrifices don't pay off. Better to study, make something of yourself and see what happens. You'll have plenty of time for relationships - only got one shot at your studies.

ReputationRep:
    If he couldn't realise your full worth then then obvious his wasn't right for you to commit to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MostCompetitive)
    You're too good for him anyway. Better to look at the long term rather than the short term, because relationships often lead to sacrifices. Those sacrifices don't pay off. Better to study, make something of yourself and see what happens. You'll have plenty of time for relationships - only got one shot at your studies.
    This is probably the best thing someone has said on this thread. Seriously, don't waste your time on someone who isn't wasting their time on you. Like this person said, relationships come and go all the time...your academics won't. Trust me, you don't want to be looking back in 5 years time thinking "why did i waste my time with that person?"

Easier said than done, but if anything, use the break up as a motivation and show your ex what he's missing. Also, no contact at all...for as long as you keep contacting him it only means he has you wrapped round his little finger...

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Hey, mines going to break up with me too in a bit, probably smack bang in the middle of my finals deadlines.

I plan to buy a giant supply of frozen pizza and carte d'or ice cream. And probably a gym membership too.

ReputationRep:
    You should post a funny story about it to FML or MyBoyfriendIsCrazy.com

ReputationRep:
    Aww honey, I'm so sorry to hear that I don't think there's much anyone can say right now to make you feel better, but time heals all wounds and you've just gotta be sad for a while until you get back on your feet but I know it's not easy Just focus on yourself, set yourself some goals and you'll feel like a better person for it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 28, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.