The Student Room Group

GIRLS (and guys), what would you think of a guy who. . .

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dr Pressure
was 20 years old

had never kissed a girl before

wasn't waiting for the right girl or special moment

wasn't ugly (i know this is hard to judge properly). probably a bit above average looks

wasn't too fat or too skinny. works out and has a decent enough body. better than average but not amazing

HONEST OPINIONS PLEASE. don't sugarcoat the truth. tell me what you would honestly think.

I'd think he was shy, but I like shy guys.

Original post by Oatmealraisin
Nothing wrong with it at all.. BUT I would be a bit hesitant before getting involved because I wouldnt want too much pressure to 'live up to expectations'

I agree.

Original post by Smophy
I'd say he needs to get out there more.

Confidence problems maybe?

I would take him out and be his pimp for the night :P

Haha :P

Original post by DeepStar
Nothing. You're just another 20 year old guy. There is no age criteria for when an individual should have kissed by or had a relationship.

Lol this totally.

Original post by I'mBadAtMaths
it's not a big deal in the slightest?

I agree, a lot of people don't have their first kiss till they're like 18? Some people not to 21?

OP, just go to a bar or a club and kiss some random, there you go. But really if you get into a relationship with anyone I doubt someone would ask if you'd had your first kiss.
I'd assume he isn't too bothered about kissing anything or anyone, until I saw that he'd posted on a forum, then I'd assume that:
Reply 42
probably shy and maybe lacked confidence.
Reply 43
OP, are you generally in anyway trying to speak for yourself?

Just curious
Reply 44
was 20 years old

had never kissed a girl before

wasn't waiting for the right girl or special moment

wasn't ugly (i know this is hard to judge properly). probably a bit above average looks

wasn't too fat or too skinny. works out and has a decent enough body. better than average but not amazing

HONEST OPINIONS PLEASE. don't sugarcoat the truth. tell me what you would honestly think.

I know a really, really good looking guy, incredibly popular, almost every girl we both know has at some point found him attractive/ crushed on him and he's comfortable and good friends with a lot of them. He's intelligent - goes to the top uni for the course he does.

But he's just really chilled about life, and never been crazy to get a girl. At 19 he's finally found himself falling for this girl. She's gonna be his first kiss...

Before I knew him I probably would find the idea weird, but there are guys (and girls) out there who just haven't felt the need to pursue anything. If anything it makes girls he knows think he's hotter, ( :tongue: ) plus it makes me respect him more for holding out for what he sees as worth it and the real deal. I'm not saying he'll marry this girl or w/e but he didn't go round being intimate with girls when he wasn't serious.
Reply 45
Original post by Anonymous
Lets take the OP's question a bit further:

Girls, what would you think of a guy who has never kissed a girl, dated, asked a girl out, nothing but was:
- 22 years old
- Had a grad job at one of the world's leading financial services firms
- Quite muscular
- Relatively intelligent (got the highest score in my school's IQ test of sorts out of around 70 people)
- Tall but not too tall
- Somewhat average looking face i.e no pretty boy but not ugly either, just normal.
- Not a quiet wimp, but the guy who always takes the lead in group projects.

Sounds like you should go on The Apprentice tbh...

Girls, what would you think of a guy who has never kissed a girl, dated, asked a girl out, nothing but was:
- 22 years old
- Quite muscular
- Relatively intelligent (got the highest score in my school's IQ test of sorts out of around 70 people)
- Tall but not too tall
- Somewhat average looking face i.e no pretty boy but not ugly either, just normal.

Too good to be true?
Original post by Coke Or Pepsi
Too good to be true?

Why thank you, it is so kind of you to say that. I guess I don't have much of an excuse for being such a virgin. Well except for the fact that I never go out and hence don't really get any exposure to females and as such I can't really expect experience to pop up out of thin air.
Reply 48

- 22 years old
- Quite muscular
- Tall but not too tall

Not a girl but answer= you probably aren't as confident/attractive as you think (or have other issues).
Why thank you, it is so kind of you to say that. I guess I don't have much of an excuse for being such a virgin. Well except for the fact that I never go out and hence don't really get any exposure to females and as such I can't really expect experience to pop up out of thin air.

Lol it's not a big deal being a virgin. The only reason why anyone ever thinks it's a big deal is cos of peer pressure. Loads of girls find it really cute/hot/turn on that a guys a virgin... IMO. Be proud of it - don't make it into a big deal; if you don't see it as an issue, Noone else will :smile:

EDIT: don't listen to other people who are all "you're probably not as
Hot or confident etc.." - I know some really really good
Looking confident
Guys who are still virgins purely because it's not a big deal to them. Not being a virgin doesn't make
You hot/confident. There are loads of
Ugly non virgins out there... :smile: xx
(edited 13 years ago)
He'd obviously be a bit socially awkward, but I wouldn't judge him.
The only thing that would bother me is that you're not waiting for the "right girl." I don't have any qualms about a 20 year old male virgin - in fact, I find it rather admirable - but I'd be worried that you didn't respect me and would be willing to go out/have sex with anyone.
Reply 52
Original post by krish.x
I know a really, really good looking guy, incredibly popular, almost every girl we both know has at some point found him attractive/ crushed on him and he's comfortable and good friends with a lot of them. He's intelligent - goes to the top uni for the course he does.

But he's just really chilled about life, and never been crazy to get a girl. At 19 he's finally found himself falling for this girl. She's gonna be his first kiss...

Before I knew him I probably would find the idea weird, but there are guys (and girls) out there who just haven't felt the need to pursue anything. If anything it makes girls he knows think he's hotter, ( :tongue: ) plus it makes me respect him more for holding out for what he sees as worth it and the real deal. I'm not saying he'll marry this girl or w/e but he didn't go round being intimate with girls when he wasn't serious.

i am not friends with many girls and the ones who i am friends with have boyfriends (literally all of them have boyfriends).

i have no idea if girls have fancied me in the past. a few might have done at parties or in clubs but i think they were teasing.

i dont try and pursue anything but that doesnt mean i dont want to kiss or have sex. far from it. i would love to kiss a girl or have sex with one.
Reply 53
Original post by Coke Or Pepsi
Lol it's not a big deal being a virgin. The only reason why anyone ever thinks it's a big deal is cos of peer pressure. Loads of girls find it really cute/hot/turn on that a guys a virgin... IMO. Be proud of it - don't make it into a big deal; if you don't see it as an issue, Noone else will :smile:

EDIT: don't listen to other people who are all "you're probably not as
Hot or confident etc.." - I know some really really good
Looking confident
Guys who are still virgins purely because it's not a big deal to them. Not being a virgin doesn't make
You hot/confident. There are loads of
Ugly non virgins out there... :smile: xx

no they dont. every single girl who has spoken about sex around me has said they are not keen on virgins. why do people on tsr make out its fine to be a virgin at my age when everyone out there in the real world thinks otherwise?
no they dont. every single girl who has spoken about sex around me has said they are not keen on virgins. why do people on tsr make out its fine to be a virgin at my age when everyone out there in the real world thinks otherwise?

Mate, you do understand that you have to take a lot of the sensationalist "advice" on TSR with a pinch of salt right?

Your situation is no big deal and is there are thousands of decent guys and girls in the same situation across the country....it's hardly likely that they are all antisocial freaks etc is it?!

Chillax, work on your confidence, talk to girls and you will see some progress.

- 22 years old
- Quite muscular
- Tall but not too tall

You sound very focused and determined and it sounds like you take work very seriously. Maybe girls think you are too serious?
Laugh, let go and enjoy life a bit more is my advice to you. Or...find a tarty gold digger :wink:
I'd think him either asexual, gay (but you'd think he'd be interested in getting a guy), or that he has a really low libido or something. Also being shy or having no confidence and/or a lack of social skills.

Being only 20, it's not a big deal. Or it's not to me!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by Charlottelisabeth
I'd think him either asexual, gay (but you'd think he'd be interested in getting a guy), or that he has a really low libido or something.

nope. i am not asexual (i definitely have sexual urges. a lot of the time in fact). i know i am not gay. i definitely do not have a low libido.
Reply 58
i am not friends with many girls and the ones who i am friends with have boyfriends (literally all of them have boyfriends).

i have no idea if girls have fancied me in the past. a few might have done at parties or in clubs but i think they were teasing.

i dont try and pursue anything but that doesnt mean i dont want to kiss or have sex. far from it. i would love to kiss a girl or have sex with one.

Okay, well try to get to know more girls I guess? And I'm not saying he didn't want to kiss a girl or was unaware of his sexuality; rather simply that he didn't consider it a priority and I don't think that's a bad thing.

I said this because I thought that's the kind of scenario you were talking about with your original post... As in, do people think it's weird that you feel something akin to this. Clearly, I misunderstood.

Question though: How can you "want to kiss a girl or have sex with one" but "don't try and pursue anything"? Have you tried putting yourself out there, getting to know more girls and taking a chance?? lol

Lol get over it. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. You've been hanging out with wrong girls then. Fact of the matter is loads of people don't care.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending