The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I take it your a guy? cos 5'10 for a girl isnt bad..
maybe you have short parents/'short genes'
Bad diet? who knows
Reply 2
My parents arent short, As my brother is 6'3, but im 5'11. That isnt fair :frown: We've had approximately the same diet. Is there any way I could grow taller? :frown:
You think that's short!! I know some guys that are about 5ft 7 and I doubt they will grow anymore. Just be happy with your hight as there's nothing you can do about it really.
Reply 4
So is there no way for me to grow any taller? Is this my final height?
sarforaz

Bad diet? who knows

Diet doesn't affect height much at all - it's your genes mainly. If his diet was bad, he'd know about it alright.
Reply 6
Um, no? :confused: I wouldn't exactly recommend you drinking that stuff they use to make plants grow... What is that in cm btw 'cos I don't know how 'short' you are?
Reply 7
I've read your bones will continue to grow until you're 12, even if only a tiny bit more.

Is this thread actually a joke? Are you boasting about your height? Because I am five foot one and would kill for an extra three inches, let alone nine lol! :wink:
Anonymous
My parents arent short, As my brother is 6'3, but im 5'11. That isnt fair :frown: We've had approximately the same diet. Is there any way I could grow taller? :frown:

Try eating well, drinking lots of water and milk, doing more exercise, sleeping on your back at night, good posture, not doing weights...
Reply 9
until you're 21 rather! :redface:
Anonymous

It's unlikely to be your final height, since you're only 17. Guys generally keep growing till about 21 or so.
Anonymous

You could still grow taller and if you do that's cool but if not whatever just be happy. I mean I'm 5ft 4 (okay I'm a girl but still) and I'm shorter than most of my mates but hey that's how it goes. Some peopole are tall and some aren't. We're all different after all :smile: .
Reply 12
5'10 is short? Stop complaining.
Cortez
5'10 is short? Stop complaining.

hear hear!!!

you should be grateful you dont have to pay out constantly for skyscraper heels!! :rolleyes:
Reply 14
I must say that my back is completely arched. I sit in a chair in a weird position and sleep on my chest. Could that play a part in my being short?
Reply 15
I'm 19 and 5'7''. Be thankful. :smile:
Anonymous
I'm 17, and I'm 5'10. All my friends are taller than me and I really feel bad walking with them. Is there any way I could become taller? My brother is about 5 inches taller than me so why am I so short :frown:
The average height that a male child is expected to reach can be worked out by adding the height of your father to the height of your mother (plus 5 inches as male children tend to be taller) and then diving this number by 2. This average height can vary by up to 4 inches. So even if you are averaging 6 foot, you could be up to 4 inches shorter or taller than that. It is somewhat innaccurate because height is also affected by diet and general health. Children who receive an inadequate amount of calories or nutrients often won't grow quite as tall as they might have done.

You're probably not done growing yet anyway..you are only 17. I'm shortly to turn 21 and gained an inch in height in the last year.
Reply 17
i try to be supportive to people but i suggest you grow up mentally, i'm 5ft 8 and i dont give a damn, doesnt stop me doing anything so i dont complain.
Anonymous
I must say that my back is completely arched. I sit in a chair in a weird position and sleep on my chest. Could that play a part in my being short?

Yes. That must be it.

And if you brush your hair more than twice a day.

And if you've ever been shopping on a Wednesday.

And if you eat apples.

Anon, relax babe, you have nothing to worry about you lovely giraffe you!! :smile:
Reply 19
what a pillock. 5'11 isnt short.
are you oblivious to the world around you?

if your brother is 6'3 you will end up pretty similar, stop moaning

Latest

Trending

Trending