The Student Room Group

What is back up plan if you fail to meet your offers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by rudebwoi93

Do you HAVE to go to your insurance if you don't get into your firm?

If you meet the grade requirements for your insurance, then yes (unless you phone them up and ask them to release you). If you miss the grades for your firm and insurance then you'll be in clearing.
Reply 41
Original post by ttoby
If you meet the grade requirements for your insurance, then yes (unless you phone them up and ask them to release you). If you miss the grades for your firm and insurance then you'll be in clearing.

Oh because I don't want to go to my insurance choice. Even if I don't make it into my firm... :|
impromptu gap year to give me something impressive to talk about to make up for my shoddy grades
Reply 43
retake the exams I didn't get the grade in and reapply for next year. My course is free and has no tuition fees so doesn't affect me :smile:
Oh because I don't want to go to my insurance choice. Even if I don't make it into my firm... :|

you would rather not go to uni at all than go to your second choice? :confused:
Clearing, and if not go to college and take a graphics design diploma. From there I will start a career as a graphic designer. Not that it's what I want :/ I was cut out for what I'm gonna do at uni.
My immediate plan would be to cry. Followed by denial. Followed by begging. If begging fails, I'll try clearance. If clearance fails I'll cry some more.
Reply 47

Yeah, if you got into that situation you'd need to phone them to tell them to release you and put you in clearing. They might be able to refuse to do that though (I don't know enough about UCAS to say how likely this is) but in any case, you'd still need to phone them because the system won't let you do clearing if you don't.
Becoming a stamp licker.
go to insurance.

go for clearing.
Reply 50
imagine you take a gap year and you dont get the grades you are expecting after hard work of revision and study due to some reasons or crap and difficult questions such as the bio5 exam we did,what do you think you'll do?
trying not to think about this atm, but it's near impossible for me to miss my firm, I've already got enough ucas points for my insurance and just need to go up a grade in biology to get into my firm, which I could no even if I failed my last exam x
Probably an Open University degree, it's my style of learning and I think I would enjoy myself much more than a conventional university. Also it gives me more time to take care of my writing in the comfort of my own home. :smile:
Reply 53
fireman :biggrin: working retained 12 hours a day and studdying when im not working. as soon as i can, moving out. TBH im not that bothered about uni, its just the only way i can afford to move out :tongue:
my plan is
insurance
clearing
suicide
It's highly unlikely, but still it is not something i really want to think about. I'm already resitting at the moment so there is not a chance in hell i'll be doing another year. If the worst came to the worst i'd probably work for a year and just sit a paper or two again, but i'm hoping it doesn't come to that.

I'm not going through clearing under any circumstances. Would rather apply for 2012, work for a year and pay the higher fees than go to an inferior uni.
Original post by chrislpp
Start in a crap job at a decent company and work my way up and in 4 years I'll have earned more than any student, have experience and probably rivalling any interviewee that studied business or marketing because I have real world experience, friends on the inside and won't have 20k+ of debt....who you know, not what. Or I could just waste myself on a 'gap' year and go the uni route and get 40k of debt and no real world experience.

Lol, you clearly haven't gotten into Uni and are jealous/not good enough and are jealous/ done awful in your exams and are jealous.
Will take a gap year and apply for Adult nursing. Fees are paid for by the NHS :cool:
Reply 58
cry

lots
repeating my exams I think I've already not met the offer by a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending