The Student Room Group

So hungry I feel sick

I'm on a diet and have been eating well but had a small tea around 7.30pm. I am so hungry now though that I genuinely feel like I'm gonna throw up :frown: Anybody else ever feel this way? It's not like I'm on a diet where I'm starving myself either before people assume that!

I know the most obvious thing would be to go and eat something but its late now and I'm hoping I'll sleep the hunger off. Ugh.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Fasting diet will not work. I do not understand the idiocy of people like you. Eat something small and healthy you fool.

Eat fruit or vegetables. Eat negative calorie foods.

Christ.
Reply 2
Drink some water, it stifles the hunger.
I felt like this earlier today (not on any sort of diet, must just have been incredibly hungry), the only way to stop it seems to be to eat something (you don't have to eat loads for this). I'm not sure that sleeping it off will work, you might just wake up very hungry in the night/morning :s-smilie:
Reply 4
What's your height and weight?
Reply 5
Starving yourself won't make you thin, it will make you ill. There is no substitute for small regular meals, with plenty of fruit and veg, plenty of water and the occasional walk in the park.
Have a banana or an apple? Or a yoghurt or something. Sorry but it's stupid how you're starving yourself right now for a stupid diet. If it hurts or you feel that bad, it's obvious your body needs some food.
Original post by Anonymous
It's not like I'm on a diet where I'm starving myself either before people assume that!

It is like you're on a diet where you're starving yourself, otherwise it wouldn't be happening.
I appreciate that you're on a diet and all but you're obviously not eating enough. It's about how healthy your food is, not the ridiculously tiny portion sizes. Have some water and bread to fill your stomach until tomorrow.
Reply 9
Original post by Patrick Wallace
It is like you're on a diet where you're starving yourself, otherwise it wouldn't be happening.

But I've eaten quite a lot today :/
Eat something you idiot. The feeling of throwing up comes from the concentration of acid in your stomach. There's literally nothing in your stomach that it's digesting itself. Eat something, get some sleep and do intense cardio if you want to lose weight.
Reply 11
I'm on a diet and have been eating well but had a small tea around 7.30pm. I am so hungry now though that I genuinely feel like I'm gonna throw up :frown: Anybody else ever feel this way? It's not like I'm on a diet where I'm starving myself either before people assume that!

I know the most obvious thing would be to go and eat something but its late now and I'm hoping I'll sleep the hunger off. Ugh.

What the ****? Diet or not, letting yourself be hungry doesn't make you lose weight. Eat when you're hungry, but just eat enough that you're not hungry any more.
Fruit maybe? Cut up some apple, or have some celery or a little yogurt? You probably don't want to eat a lot before you go to bed, I always wake up feeling horrible if I eat a lot before i sleep :frown:
Reply 13
eat 5 meals a day but make them small and healthy that will help with hunger pains, but don't forget physical activity, healthy eating is only half the battle.

I know what i am taking about i dropped 3 and a half stone in under 4 months back in 2007, i used to be 18 and half stone, been sat at around 15 stone somtimes under ever since, sensible eating and a bit of exercise.
Reply 14
Don't starve yourself for gods sake, you're only going to slow your metabolism which is counterproductive. Have a bit of fruit.
Reply 15
Original post by cid
eat 5 meals a day but make them small and healthy that will help with hunger pains, but don't forget physical activity, healthy eating is only half the battle.

I know what i am taking about i dropped 3 and a half stone in under 4 months back in 2007, i used to be 18 and half stone, been sat at around 15 stone somtimes under ever since, sensible eating and a bit of exercise.

That's fantastic, well done! What kinds of meals did you eat if you don't mind me asking? I do at least an hours exercise a day at the moment.
But I've eaten quite a lot today :/

You haven't. You can tell yourself that you have but if you're feeling this way then it is clear you haven't.
Reply 17
I feel like this right now, had a bowl of rice today and a small cottage pie for tea (was awful)...

There is a 24 hour ASDA close by to me but it was pissing down earlier and didn't really fancy going to get some snacks...
Reply 18
Original post by M1F2R3
I feel like this right now, had a bowl of rice today and a small cottage pie for tea (was awful)...

There is a 24 hour ASDA close by to me but it was pissing down earlier and didn't really fancy going to get some snacks...

I have eaten wayyy more than you as well :confused:
Reply 19
breakfast was a bowl of cereal, around 10 am i had some fruit and a yogurt, lunch was usually either a tuna or chicken pasta salad, afternoon snack was usually fruit or nuts with a protein shake and evening was a small meal i would look up healthy meal recipes and make the meal of an evening.

Personally i was supplementing my diet with protein, so occasionally i would have a protein bar or shake in the late evening.

I would also go for a gentle paced jog 3 times a week and swim a couple of times a week.

Quick Reply

Latest