The Student Room Group

Possible to get into University with these AS Grades???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I got CCDDE at AS and got offers for unis asking for ABB for a highy competitive subject. In the end, at A2, I got AABC. So yes, its possible.
Reply 21
Original post by Executioner
BA Economics and Government

Economics is usually pretty competitive. She would just have to work like hell and apply after results, or she could try to re-sit AS in jan and then apply.
I know people who have CEU at AS who are applying to university without taking the year; there are plenty that just want a certain amounts of points, so if you achieve those then there should be no problem.
well as thats AS she still has another year too boost her grades. but yes she can

i got:
D, E at A2 (year 13)
and
C, D at AS (year 12)

and got into uni.

tell her to look at ucas points, instead of grades. alot of my unis i applied to took points not grades due to the type of course...
BA Economics and Government

http://courses.leedsmet.ac.uk/economicsforbusiness

It's quite similar :wink:
Reply 25
Original post by AspiringGenius

220 points only!
Reply 26
Thank you everyone, there's a flicker of hope :smile:
Original post by mangoh
Haven't seen it yet but thanks for telling me!

Disgraceful, you can get 4 E's at AS and still get 4 A's at a level providing you take retakes.

Worse case scenario is go through adjustment imo

Haha, lol. Some of your opinions must be quite unpopular, you aren't an evangelist are you?

Anyway,ni completely agree with you. The education system is way to soft here. Oxbridge have one hell of a problem sorting out applicants as half the country (or about 8%) of A Level students have AAA.

I know someone from India who says you need 95% on the exam to get into university, no retakes, and if you don't get into uni, you basically fail. Of course, I would rather live here, but it outs our system into perspective.
220 points only!

I thought it was 160 from two... That's two B grades :lolwut:
Reply 29
This friend has to consider whether a degree from a crap uni is the best thing to do economically. I'm would hazard a guess at the answer being no.
Reply 30

I thought it was 160 from two... That's two B grades :lolwut:

It's 160 for 2 A-levels. But most people would be doing 3 so it's 220 so that's DCC excluding AS grade from a dropped subject :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
It's 160 for 2 A-levels. But most people would be doing 3 so it's 220 so that's DCC excluding AS grade from a dropped subject :smile:

Dear god... (sorry, but I have to get AAA, or else I will never be what I want to be and THAT requirement is simply disgusting)
Reply 32
Reply 33
Original post by Maverick-o

Original post by Maverick-o

I feel motivated already! Thanks :biggrin:
I feel motivated already! Thanks :biggrin:

You or your 'friend'? :tongue:

Good luck! Work hard, lots of people changed their grades massively ranging from D-A* so there's some hope :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending