The Student Room Group

Clumsy boyfriend accidentally hit me: what to tell people?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Flotographer
Oh, it's nothing sinister. He accidentally cycled into my cousin's dog - not the best first meeting. :s-smilie:

Well at least they have precedent to believe the truth then!!
You walked into any of the following: a door, a table, a fist...
Reply 62
And yet this thug only managed a 3mm split and a bruise that would be invisible on someone with more of a tan? :rolleyes:

He wasnt intending to severly hurt you but rather just smack your face with a rolled up magazine which left the small cut/bruise to annoy you.
Original post by H.JJJ
You realised you like it REALLY ROUGH with your boyfriend?

I kid op

say you walked into a door

This.
Original post by DontJudge
Dont lie......is it.......:teehee:

Aww thanks for noticing :fan:......i'm getting all shy now....:colondollar:

Spoiler

Sorry didn't realise you were a troll.

My mistake now I'm the one who's all embarrassed... tehehe :colondollar:
Reply 65

Yes, but I can name at least one cousin that would like a chance to justifiably hit him... :s-smilie:

The hell? Your family sounds absolutely nuts. I'd hate living with people like that. There's a difference between being over protective and just psychotic.
PERSON: Wow, what happened to your lip?

YOU: Oh *laughs*, it's nothing, I just walked into my boyfriend's fist.

PERSON: :lolwut:

Yeaah you need something else to say.
Original post by Jackso
The hell? Your family sounds absolutely nuts. I'd hate living with people like that. There's a difference between being over protective and just psychotic.

Maybe it's the same cousin who owned the dog the clumsy boyfriend ran over?
You were texting whilst laying down and dropped your phone on your face.
Reply 69
He has practically no spatial awareness and moves his hands around a lot when he talks. Today, he did that and managed to accidentally hit me. There's now a split in one of my lips and a very light bruise.

Now, people that see are going to ask what happened ... and I don't know what to tell them. I'm worried of making him out to be abusive when he's obviously not. :frown:

EDIT: The problem with telling the truth is, no matter how I phrase it, every male relative I have is going to flip out. I'm the youngest in the family and the only girl for a couple of generations, they're ridiculously over-protective.

It's better to tell the truth instead of trying to make up something which may otherwise lead to more complications
Tell the truth, if you lie it'll just look like you're being abused.
Original post by Arekkusu
Sad day really when any injury to a woman is assumed to be her boyfriend beating her up.

Tell me about it. As a cheerleader I often have bruises up and down my arms and on my face (making sure someone falling from standing at head height doesn't touch the ground is always going to leave a mark!) and have been asked before if my BF beats me up. Since I only see him around once a month, it's unlikely.

My coach got given a counselling/womens charity leaflet in the street by some random guy once - she's single!
Reply 72
Original post by TheSownRose

Original post by TheSownRose
Maybe it's the same cousin who owned the dog the clumsy boyfriend ran over?

Ran over? It seems more like he bumped into the doggy with a bike by accident. Regardless, the family still sounds nuts.
Original post by Last Chance
I was referring to all the random hand movements, you haven't said anything to him yet?

My old friend told me I had a weird habit (which I won't say) and she never saw me do it again. :colondollar:

Well now I really want to know.

Original post by Danielle89

Whenever I glance over a comment from you I think it's me for second and get really confused.
(edited 12 years ago)
I walked into a thermostat once when drunk. I had a bruise and a lump for weeks. Ouch
The problem with telling the truth is, no matter how I phrase it, every male relative I have is going to flip out. I'm the youngest in the family and the only girl for a couple of generations, they're ridiculously over-protective.

Particularly unnecessary seeing as he's a foot shorter than me and I could take him if I needed to. :rolleyes:

say some stranger in the street did it then, some drunk bitch looking for a fight or something.
Original post by Jackso
Ran over? It seems more like he bumped into the doggy with a bike by accident. Regardless, the family still sounds nuts.

I think it's quite common for dads, brothers and male cousins to be protective over young women in the family. :dontknow:
say you were preforming oral sex on him and it got a bit vigorous?
Telling the truth would be so much better, it doesn't have to sound like he's beating you up, just tell it like you did here.
I actually did walk into a lamppost once whilst drunk and a got a black eye, people were suspicious.
He has practically no spatial awareness and moves his hands around a lot when he talks. Today, he did that and managed to accidentally hit me. There's now a split in one of my lips and a very light bruise.

Now, people that see are going to ask what happened ... and I don't know what to tell them. I'm worried of making him out to be abusive when he's obviously not. :frown:

EDIT: The problem with telling the truth is, no matter how I phrase it, every male relative I have is going to flip out. I'm the youngest in the family and the only girl for a couple of generations, they're ridiculously over-protective.

"Bf gesticulated rambunctiously and serendipitously impacted my visage"

By the time they work out what you've said they will probably have forgotten what they asked you.

Original post by rachelkeira
you could use excuses such as dropping your phone on your face (I split my lip in this way once).

Impressive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending