The Student Room Group

Guys: Do you do this after sex.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Anonymous
...yeah. I guess I see stuff like that as more intimate than having sex.

This attitude may be unhealthy for future relationships.
Original post by James4d
****ing women. This is why you boggle us.

HE WAS HOLDING YOUR HAND BECAUSE HE WANTED TO HOLD YOUR HAND.

Men are really simple. Like, ridiculously simple. Most of us don't have an agenda, hate the 'hard to get' game and all the playing and hinting that comes from relationships. The truth of the matter is, we usually have no clue.

If you have sex with someone, regardless of how 'one night standish' the encounter is, you feel some connection. He held your hand because, ****, why not. He's already held onto every other part of your body.

If your question is 'do guys like holding hands after sex'.. well.. its a bit ridiculous. I've held hands after sex, yeah.

So, in answer to your question- men can hold hands after sex, and some will. If they want to. Mystery solved.

Amazing you couldn't of put it any better even If I do say so myself and I am a woman!!!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I understand what you mean (sorta) I guess it was just a heat of the moment thing!

It really depends on the person, rather than the "status" of the sex partners to a degree. My ex used to throw a toilet roll at me, roll over and leave after sex without a word (I wasn't to make his sheets stained with his cum). So glad I'm single :smile:
I have never had a ons so im not up to date with what guys usually do after it, but I guess sex is intimate anyway so holding hands may just be what he does. He could just be a really affectionate guy I know when your a couple cuddles and holding hands after sex is an intrinsic part of it and for ONS it may be comforting nice for him to have somebody to be close to, also the ons for him may not have been based just on sex maybe he just wanted to be close and intimate to somebody.
Original post by noteraz
You're ready to have full blown sex but you feel odd about the guy holding your hand after sex?

The contemporary world.

People are comfortable and free with sharing their bodies about like a blunt but balk at emotional intimacy.

(I kid).

OP, he might like you for more than a booty-call, might want to check up on it.
Original post by lost_puppy
I understand what you mean (sorta) I guess it was just a heat of the moment thing!

It really depends on the person, rather than the "status" of the sex partners to a degree. My ex used to throw a toilet roll at me, roll over and leave after sex without a word (I wasn't to make his sheets stained with his cum). So glad I'm single :smile:

haha, lad.
Reply 46
OP, you're disgusting and should be totally ashamed of yourself - no wonder you're posing as an ANON because you know that your little issue is deeper than you want it to be.

What world are we living in when people are okay with having "casual" sex but have second thoughts about holding the hand of the person you just ****ed?
Reply 47
I understand both sides of the argument to be honest.

The OP was obviously, and has said she was, thrown off by it because of a past experience. Some people may be uncomfortable to hold hands, i don't know but i guess everyone's different.

I would however, probably hold hands or something similar as it is an act that can cap off an intimate event like sex. But that's just me.
On Saturday night I slept with someone that I've hooked up with a few times before, I bumped into them on a night out and invited them back to mine. We had sex both in the night and in the morning. In the night he had his arm round me after we'd finished and after we finished in the morning I lay next to him but there was a bit of space.

Basically, we were laying on our backs talking about films and books and then he just grabbed my hand at one point and just started holding it, then after a bit he left saying he wished he could stay with me but he had to go revise. I'm just curious to know whether guys actually like holding hands and cuddling after sex with girls they just hook up with. I found it a bit odd because I generally only do it with people I care about, and it just seemed so weird to be lying there holding hands, or maybe I'm just odd haha.

Totally agree, sex with someone casual is just like, whatever. Holding hands is something you do in a relationship, so i would feel odd too but don't read too much into it.
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
Feel the same, it's an expression of affection. Feels awkward.

So do you not kiss during a one night stand? Just mechanically have sex?
...yeah. I guess I see stuff like that as more intimate than having sex.

: modern society.

Sex is THAT much of a casual thing for you
So do you not kiss during a one night stand? Just mechanically have sex?

I'd really rather not go into the details of my sex life. Holding hands is a big no-no, I can tell you that much.
Oh dear, in what world am I living in where holding hands is more intimate than sex.
Reply 53
Oh dear, in what world am I living in where holding hands is more intimate than sex.

It is a screwed up world and becoming more screwed up by the minute.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by 4RealBlud
: modern society.

Sex is THAT much of a casual thing for you

I agree.

Can a mod ban me from seeing the relationship forum please?
Original post by noteraz
You're ready to have full blown sex but you feel odd about the guy holding your hand after sex?

Lmao. Sloots gonna sloot

You're wrong, you're insecure and these people are just "sexually liberated" :rolleyes:
Original post by noteraz

Well said...
Reply 58
On Saturday night I slept with someone that I've hooked up with a few times before, I bumped into them on a night out and invited them back to mine. We had sex both in the night and in the morning. In the night he had his arm round me after we'd finished and after we finished in the morning I lay next to him but there was a bit of space.

Basically, we were laying on our backs talking about films and books and then he just grabbed my hand at one point and just started holding it, then after a bit he left saying he wished he could stay with me but he had to go revise. I'm just curious to know whether guys actually like holding hands and cuddling after sex with girls they just hook up with. I found it a bit odd because I generally only do it with people I care about, and it just seemed so weird to be lying there holding hands, or maybe I'm just odd haha.

Guys get emotional after jizzing. Hormones balancing out etc, thats when a person is emotionally vulnerable. Like a lost kid or puppy.
Original post by James4d
****ing women. This is why you boggle us.

HE WAS HOLDING YOUR HAND BECAUSE HE WANTED TO HOLD YOUR HAND.

Men are really simple. Like, ridiculously simple. Most of us don't have an agenda, hate the 'hard to get' game and all the playing and hinting that comes from relationships. The truth of the matter is, we usually have no clue.

If you have sex with someone, regardless of how 'one night standish' the encounter is, you feel some connection. He held your hand because, ****, why not. He's already held onto every other part of your body.

If your question is 'do guys like holding hands after sex'.. well.. its a bit ridiculous. I've held hands after sex, yeah.

So, in answer to your question- men can hold hands after sex, and some will. If they want to. Mystery solved.

This.

Kissing, cuddling, holding hands, stroking etc etc is all pretty normal behaviour during sex. If I was hooking up with someone for a one night stand and they were circumspect about kissing or holding hands, but not circumspect about letting me stick my **** inside them, I'd see it as being pretty silly and artificial distinction to make.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending