The Student Room Group

Adjustment 2012 - Everything you need to know

Scroll to see replies

Original post by crazyoctopus
I've got an offer for adjustment but I need my firm and insurance to release me from clearing (I didn't think you need to for adjustment?). The offer will expire by 10pm today and my firm and insurance aren't picking up - I've emailed them but I don't want to lose this place. What do I do?

That all sounds a bit muddled up. Can you clarify your current status? Did you meet and exceed your firm offer?
Original post by F1 fanatic
That all sounds a bit muddled up. Can you clarify your current status? Did you meet and exceed your firm offer?

Yes, I exceeded it and have registered through adjustment, but I can't do anything on UCAS. The uni I'm applying to (through adjustment) has advised me to tell places that have given me an offer to release me from them to go the clearing route so I'm trying that now.
Reply 62
Did you make it clear you were talking about adjustment rather than clearing? A clearing choice can only be added after 5pm but adjustment should be accessible all day. Once you register, it will take a while (maybe an hour) but it should then confirm on your Track that you have registered for adjustment. At this point the university should be able to view your application. How long did you leave between registering and speaking to the university?

How do you register for adjustment?
Original post by crazyoctopus
Yes, I exceeded it and have registered through adjustment, but I can't do anything on UCAS. The uni I'm applying to (through adjustment) has advised me to tell places that have given me an offer to release me from them to go the clearing route so I'm trying that now.

In that case the university doesn't understand how adjustment works. You need to ring them again. It is they who replace themselves as your firm place and you do not need to contact either your firm or insurance. You certainly don't need to go via clearing.

Original post by Elle_6
How do you register for adjustment?

There is a button on your Track that appears once your firm becomes unconditional. It appears for anyone in that situation but you're only eligible for it if you meet and exceed your firm offer.
Reply 64
Did you make it clear you were talking about adjustment rather than clearing? A clearing choice can only be added after 5pm but adjustment should be accessible all day. Once you register, it will take a while (maybe an hour) but it should then confirm on your Track that you have registered for adjustment. At this point the university should be able to view your application. How long did you leave between registering and speaking to the university?

I didn't leave long at all, possibly 10 minutes. :colondollar:

Its been over an hour now though and nothing has changed!
In that case the university doesn't understand how adjustment works. You need to ring them again. It is they who replace themselves as your firm place and you do not need to contact either your firm or insurance. You certainly don't need to go via clearing.

Okay, thanks
Original post by justn1c2
I didn't leave long at all, possibly 10 minutes. :colondollar:

Its been over an hour now though and nothing has changed!

There won't be a big change, I think it's just a small confirmation on the splash page. There is nothing major. If you can't find it then give it another hour and then ring the university. Did they say they would keep the place for you?
Reply 67
There won't be a big change, I think it's just a small confirmation on the splash page. There is nothing major. If you can't find it then give it another hour and then ring the university. Did they say they would keep the place for you?

They didnt say they will keep a place but they said they would get back in touch (they sounded fairly positive?)

I went back onto track the register button has re-appeared on the bottom of my choices page, should i register again?? :s-smilie:
Original post by justn1c2
They didnt say they will keep a place but they said they would get back in touch (they sounded fairly positive?)

I went back onto track the register button has re-appeared on the bottom of my choices page, should i register again?? :s-smilie:

That is... strange. Maybe try hitting the button again and if it doesn't work this time then phone UCAS to see what is going on. I agree though, it does sound positive. Don't leave it all to them though, if they call you then great but if not make sure you chase them up.
Reply 69
Does the adjustment button appear for everybody or is it only when you have secured a place through adjustment?
Reply 70
Hello everyone! I hope everything is going great with your results! :smile: I have a little query here... You see, I was holding an offer on the basis of AAB but I ended up getting A*BB. Talking about tariff points, it is the same. However, I was sustained to this offer as long as I obtained a B in one of them, which I did, and exceeded one of my other subjects. So.... would this mean I could be eligible for clearing? I know one of my grades went down from an A to a B, but nevertheless I did obtained a better grade in one of them and obtained grade required for my Course... so... what do you think? Thanks :3
Original post by Elle_6
Does the adjustment button appear for everybody or is it only when you have secured a place through adjustment?

It appears for anyone who has had their status change for their firm from conditional to unconditional.
Reply 72
That is... strange. Maybe try hitting the button again and if it doesn't work this time then phone UCAS to see what is going on. I agree though, it does sound positive. Don't leave it all to them though, if they call you then great but if not make sure you chase them up.

I would click it again, but the button has now disappeared! :mad: (with still no conformation of registration)
I will probably ring them again, cause im not losing my place!

Thanks a lot for your help!
Reply 73
Original post by Elle_6

The adjustment button is to register for adjustment. It appears for everybody who has a confirmed offer by their firm choice (though that doesn't necessarily mean you're actually eligible to go into adjustment).
Can you copy out the exact wording of your offer please?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 75
Do you mean eligible for adjustment?
What do you mean "eligible for clearing"

Have you been accepted by the university that you were holding an offer for or not

If you have been accepted then you will have to decline that to enter clearing

If you have been rejected then you will have a clearing number
Are you sure you mean Clearing and not Adjustment? I'm not entirely clear on what you're asking.
Reply 78
crap... yus that what i meant D: I've just been so focused on clearing i just cant get it out of my head D: yes that's what i mean adjustment D:
Original post by Bowser
crap... yus that what i meant D: I've just been so focused on clearing i just cant get it out of my head D: yes that's what i mean adjustment D:

You have to exceed your offer and you didn't

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending