The Student Room Group

Buying Condoms

The pharmacy i use to buy my condoms from has closed down :frown:. I used to buy it from them because it was in a pretty remote place (back alley kind of thing) and no one use to ever go there! I would buy it from another pharmacy but they all know my mum and my mum doesn't really know about me being "sexually active" yet :rolleyes:.
I recently bought condoms from Boots and i took them to the checkout and this old lady was standing there and gave me like a weird/evil/satanic look which i found really awkward :wtf:.
Then i tried buying my condoms from Tesco and they have it in a massive plastic box, i took the box to the checkout and the women working at the checkout didn't know how to open it up so she called this other person to help her open it up :/. AND she didn't know how to open it up either! So they had to call the manager who opened it :frown:. A queue built up and once again i felt really awkward :frown:.
So i was wondering if people could tell me where else i can get condoms from discretely?? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Pub toilets?
Reply 2
I'm assuming that if your mum doesn't know you'll be relatively young. Why don't you just get them at sexual health clinics for free? I'm pretty sure you don't even need an appointment in most places, just waltz in and they'll give you a bag full.
Reply 3
Original post by Christop
Pub toilets?

I think i'd rather not use a condom then buy one from a pub toilet :smile:
Reply 4
Get them free from a clinic
Reply 5
Original post by Linnerzx
I'm assuming that if your mum doesn't know you'll be relatively young. Why don't you just get them at sexual health clinics for free? I'm pretty sure you don't even need an appointment in most places, just waltz in and they'll give you a bag full.

You need a "C card" in order to get them from the sexual health clinic and there is a limit, i think it's 14 per week :/. Also i don't think they supply them to 18 year old's :/. I think it's only for the under 18s :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by bahjat93
You need a "C card" in order to get them from the sexual health clinic and there is a limit, i think it's 14 per week :/. Also i don't think they supply them to 18 year old's :/. I think it's only for the under 18s :frown:

Jesus, where do you live? (That is a rhetorical question)
In my town you have to be under 25 and you can get any kind of contraception for free, I'm not sure if there is a limit cos I'm a girl :smile: Ha.
The SHC I use is a chain called Brook. Maybe do a little research to see if there is one near you or something similar other than the one you know about? All that subsidisation seems completely wrong to me.

Also... you need more than 14 a week? Jeez!
Reply 7
Buy them off the internet, get them shipped to your door. Simples.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I second buying off internet. It comes in discreet packaging so your mum won't know.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
Reply 9
Your College/Uni will have a school nurse/doc and they hand them out like sweets.
Reply 10
Get them from a drug dealer.
Reply 11
Original post by Linnerzx
Jesus, where do you live? (That is a rhetorical question)
In my town you have to be under 25 and you can get any kind of contraception for free, I'm not sure if there is a limit cos I'm a girl :smile: Ha.
The SHC I use is a chain called Brook. Maybe do a little research to see if there is one near you or something similar other than the one you know about? All that subsidisation seems completely wrong to me.

Also... you need more than 14 a week? Jeez!
This girl is right! Head to the Brook, there are loads all across the UK. http://www.brook.org.uk/find-a-centre Find out where your nearest one is here. You can get lube and other forms of contraception there too if you need it. No C-card needed and there's no limit on how often you can go.

They're all really lovely there and have a confidentiality policy, won't judge you but if you're under 16 you'll have to speak to a counselor. It's nothing to worry about, it's a govt requirement and they basically do a questionnaire thing with you, they're just checking you're mature and know what you're doing. Edit: I just re-read and I think you're 18, so yeah no worries :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)

Condoms out of machines are actually safer than many you buy in stores because moral degenerates can't poke holes in them.
Reply 13
Last time I got condoms in boots I set the alarm off walking out...got pulled to the side and my bag checked in front of the whole shop. Safe to say I didn't go back to that boots again.
I recently bought condoms from Boots and i took them to the checkout and this old lady was standing there and gave me like a weird/evil/satanic look which i found really awkward :wtf:.

drag.jpg

I can imagine :s-smilie:
Reply 15
The doctors supply contraceptives for free, sometimes there are walk-in sessions at your local health centre which you can get them from.

If you have a local Brook they do them free as well.
Reply 16

What's the point buying a condom after you've had unprotected sex? That statement is completely flawed

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 17

Then i tried buying my condoms from Tesco and they have it in a massive plastic box, i took the box to the checkout and the women working at the checkout didn't know how to open it up so she called this other person to help her open it up :/. AND she didn't know how to open it up either! So they had to call the manager who opened it :frown:. A queue built up and once again i felt really awkward :frown:.

I LOL'd at this.......
why are you paying for condoms?? baffles me. you can get them for free, anywhere in the country if you are under-25.
Reply 19
Get them free... In my old college they had a big sexual health van and you could go in there and get like 20 for free. Had you choice of Durex as well.

Either that or I get my mum to order them on the shopping haha.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending