The Student Room Group

Guys, do you fancy/want to sleep with all your female friends?

So me and my flatmates were watching When Harry Met Sally earlier and we all agreed that we thought the idea of girls and guys never being friends was complete rubbish, but every time you speak to a boy they disagree. So I'm curious, purely so I can settle this debate, men of TSR, do you really fancy/want to sleep with all your female friends?

Scroll to see replies

Yes.
Pretty much - apart from the fat ones. No one likes a fattie
:yy:
Reply 4
This could explain a lot in life.

Thanks for this wonderful experiment.
Reply 5
Not all, but a few of the closer ones I do/have done in my time.

Fancy, not do. I wish. :colone:
Original post by BRG
This could explain a lot in life.

Thanks for this wonderful experiment.

No, I'm just wondering, how exactly can you fancy all your female friends simultaneously? Seriously?
Reply 7
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
No, I'm just wondering, how exactly can you fancy all your female friends simultaneously? Seriously?

There's a difference between "fancying" someone and simply finding them sexually attractive. The latter isn't rare, in fact I'm surprised so many girls consider it so ~weird~ when guys admit they find the women around them attractive.
Reply 8
In a word: No.

I talk to plenty of women but that hardly means I want to get jiggy.
Reply 9

I am female.
Your question is now invalid.
No. Any female could be my friend, but she has to have certain qualities for me to fancy her - intelligence, a sense of humour, natural beauty (nail varnish and lipstick/eyeliner which is not over the top to the extent she looks more like a clown entertaining in a circus than wanting to impress a guy/look good), kindness. Cooking isn't a problem, I can cook for myself so she needn't have to, but if she did it would be a plus.
Reply 11
So me and my flatmates were watching When Harry Met Sally earlier and we all agreed that we thought the idea of girls and guys never being friends was complete rubbish, but every time you speak to a boy they disagree. So I'm curious, purely so I can settle this debate, men of TSR, do you really fancy/want to sleep with all your female friends?

No I don't. If I did then I would have done so by now.
I do.
So when you tell your girlfriend that you don't fancy your female friends, you're actually lying? I find that all quite selfish. I would never hang around with someone else I felt attracted to in a relationship, especially if it was someone I was close to like a friend - it's just tempting fate.

I'd like to clarify the difference in attraction here: I don't mean banning him from finding other people physically attractive, that's different (well, not that I'd ban him anyway), but hanging out a lot with a friend that you want to sleep with, and then when your girlfriend asks about it, lie, seems all a bit disrespectful to me.

I really don't like the idea that all my male friends want to sleep with me either.
Well hmmm, not really, I mean if she's a friend I would feel guilty of doing such deeds...

But if she insisted then why not ....
Reply 15
The categories that I think are useful to think of here are something like 'would', 'wouldn't' and 'want to'. So yeah, a lot of people would have sex with their friends if the opportunity arose, but that doesn't mean they 'fancy' them (for want of a better word). And from what I know of my friends, while some of them have had 'crushes' (Christ, I sound like a 13-year-old) on people in our friendship group, they're certainly not actively thinking about all the girls constantly in that way. And I'm not constantly trying to sleep with all my male friends.
ew no
The argument some seem to be making is "they are not friends because one wants to have sex with the other".

This is BS.

We are only human. We are attracted to the same/opposite sex so why would them being a friend stop us for every so often thinking "Wow, they are quite attractive arnt they?"

Would I risk a friendship for a hookup? Probarly not.
Do I find my female friends attractive enough to want to have sex with them? Some of them.
I do as it happens, but that doesn't mean I can't be friends with them. Some men do actually have self-control.
Reply 19
What? I don't fancy every female friend, no. Some are just not attractive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending