The Student Room Group

Question about eligibility

Hello!

I was wondering if my current situation means that I might not get a tuition loan.
I am an EU citizen, which means that I am entitled to the loan. However, last year I had put a university in England as my firm and a uni in Scotland as my insurance choice. I had a letter saying that I have a loan that would cover my whole tuition fee, but unfortunately didn't get the grades I needed to go to my firm choice, so I had to go to my insurance.

I wasn't happy with the way things turned out, but I decided that I will go and transfer later if I didn't like it that much. Turns out that in fact I really didn't like it: I wasn't satisfied with the quality of the teaching and the way the degree was structured, I felt that I wouldn't be able to challenge myself enough there, so I decided to drop out at the end of the first semester and work until next September and meanwhile apply again for the 13/14 school year (I got 5 unconditional offers) . I also started having some health problems, which influenced my decision to drop out and deal with them.

So, that brings me to my question: does me having gone to university in Scotland for only a semester and then dropping out because of the reasons I stated above lower my chances of getting a tuition loan for a uni in England?

Thank you!
Hi Lu,

No this won't stop you receiving a tuition fee loan for your new course as every student is entitled to one extra year of funding over the length of their course that can be used for a false start.

Hope this helps,
Mark-Lee :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi Lu,

No this won't stop you receiving a tuition fee loan for your new course as every student is entitled to one extra year of funding over the length of their course that can be used for a false start.

Hope this helps,
Mark-Lee :smile:

Thank you so much! Could you also tell me when are the applications form for EU students going to be released on the website?

Thanks!
Hi again Lu,

You're very welcome and they will be available at http://www.gov.uk/studentfinance

Thanks!
Reply 4
Hello again!

I already posted my application form but just yesterday I realized that I forgot to list one of the places I have lived in the past three years. It was not a permanent address and it lasted only four months, during the brief time i was in university last year. Is this a big problem and is it going to affect whether I get the loan?

Thank you!
Hi again Lu,

That's fine don't worry.

Mark :smile:
Reply 6
Thank you so much!

Cheers,
Lu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending