The Student Room Group

im muslim and gay, and I just came out to my mum, and now she hates me :(

Im gay and im muslim , i have been going out with my girlfriend for nearly 2 and a half years , ive been living with her for 6 months now. My mums been begging me to come home coz she wants to get me married. I just got fed up and just told her im gay. Right now I noe she hates m coz she told me and she cursed me in the name of god..I feel really bad now, I dont noe if teling her was the right thing? :/ :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Im gay and im muslim , i have been going out with my girlfriend for nearly 2 and a half years , ive been living with her for 6 months now. My mums been begging me to come home coz she wants to get me married. I just got fed up and just told her im gay. Right now I noe she hates m coz she told me and she cursed me in the name of god..I feel really bad now, I dont noe if teling her was the right thing? :/ :confused:

Dont worry buddy, god doesnt exist.

ANYWAY. If you have been living with your gf for 6 months, i think your old enough to take care of yourself. So nicely tell your mum to **** OFF. This is a joke, u cannot hate anyone for being who they are, especially if they are happy.
(edited 11 years ago)
what's worse, this or spending the rest of your life living a lie just so your brainwashed mother doesn't feel like other bigots are judging her?
Tell her to go screw herself. I don't believe in God, but any deity worth their salt shouldn't have a problem with a perfectly natural sexuality.

You couldn't have hidden it from her forever.
Reply 4
It's her problem, not yours. Some people are just stuck in backward thinking ways.
It's her problem not yours. She's the bigot.
Reply 6
You did the right thing.

Give it some time and tell her that you won't talk to her until she's willing to hear you out properly. She'll begin to miss contact with you and hopefully will be more understanding; then you can explain whatever you want to explain and clear things up.

There's no guarantee that this will work but it's worth a shot. My grandparents didn't talk to my parents for years after they married (nothing to do with homosexuality but the point is still valid) and eventually they came round to it.

Good luck.
Reply 7
Call a gay helpline.
AL haba'IB (gay Muslim) Helpline 07957 157 132London Lesbian and Gay Switchboard - 0300 330 0630
Reply 8
Original post by GPODT
Lol I suspect some of these threads are fake. Not that there aren't any gays in the Muslim community but the layout and style of posting seems very suspicious

Yeah I feel the same about the post.
It would be interesting to hear the experiences of actual gay muslims here and their experience of coming out of the closet.
You are gay, you were made muslim.

Your mother probably thinks the reverse.

The worst bit is out of the way, now hope she will come around.

neggers you know I'm right
(edited 11 years ago)

What is a Muslim? What makes someone a Muslim?

I think there may be more serious concerns to think about than what your mum said.

At the end of the day, your mum may not know what you're doing but Allah does. It is him you will have to answer to for your actions. Forget about what your mum thinks for a moment, What does ALLAH think? That should be your concern mostly.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by bluebell100
What is a Muslim? What makes someone a Muslim?

I think there may be more serious concerns to think about than what your mum said.

At the end of the day, your mum may not know what you're doing but Allah does. It is him you will have to answer to for your actions. Forget about what your mum thinks for a moment, What does ALLAH think? That should be your concern mostly.

Well.having read some of the Koran and Hadith he probably thinks it would be more acceptable for a. man to rape a slave girl or beat his wife
Reply 12
If you believe in god or not, being gay doesn't make difference. This put it down pretty well:

[video="youtube;Y1p3vE6aOmA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1p3vE6aOmA[/video]
Reply 13
Thanks for the advice., im jus gona wait for her to talk to me again, because she has basically disowned me. , I just hope i did the right thing in the long term.
Reply 14
Original post by Luxray
Yeah I feel the same about the post.
It would be interesting to hear the experiences of actual gay muslims here and their experience of coming out of the closet.

Its not a fake thread, I am a gay muslim, I needed some outside advice as I cant talk to many of my freinds about this.
I'm no expert but i think in islam homosexuality is strictly forbidden. I totally disagree with this and obviously you are in the right, you are just who you are and there is nothing wrong with being gay and your mum should not be a closed-minded bigot and accept who you are. BUT you have to realise that she probably cannot do this. She has this belief system ingrained to her and she is brainwashed and doesn't understand homosexuality at all and probably really believes that her god judges it as evil and you are going to go to hell, and to her god is everything...so you may have to accept that it is just not possible for her to open her mind to this and has nothing to do with you personally. It is very sad but it is the way it is so you probably have to make a choice one way or the other...her or your sexuality. It looks like you have already made the choice, and there is still some small hope that one day she might come around to it, and so i wish you luck.

F*ck her then. She's not worth your time if she can't accept you for who you are and now hates you because of her faith. Blunt as it is that's my view on the matter.

If she becomes more accepting of you over time then fine, but if she's not going to change I honestly don't think you should keep her in your life any more.
(edited 11 years ago)
That's odd, I thought Muslims were peaceful, mindful, peaceful, accepting, tolerant and peaceful.
Its not a fake thread, I am a gay muslim, I needed some outside advice as I cant talk to many of my freinds about this.

TSR is not the place to ask, everyone will tell you to go do whatever you want, when in fact that's probably the best way to get yourself killed. People on these forums have no idea about other cultures :facepalm2:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Snagprophet
That's odd, I thought Muslims were peaceful, mindful, peaceful, accepting, tolerant and peaceful.

Don't forget the peacefulness :biggrin:

Your mother obviously doesn't give two ****s about you. Tell her to accept your choice or leave you alone.

Latest

Trending

Trending