The Student Room Group

How large are the loans that everyone is eligible for from Student Finance England?

Hi,
I'm a year 12 A level student and I'm very new to the whole university thing, but I have just been reading through the University of Glasgow prospectus, who recommend that a student should allow £11,500 per year to live and study at Glasgow.
So that got me thinking, how much does Student Finance give you? My parents don't earn nearly enough to support me through university so yeah, can anyone shine light on this for me?
Thanks in advance.
Original post by chapmouse
Hi,
I'm a year 12 A level student and I'm very new to the whole university thing, but I have just been reading through the University of Glasgow prospectus, who recommend that a student should allow £11,500 per year to live and study at Glasgow.
So that got me thinking, how much does Student Finance give you? My parents don't earn nearly enough to support me through university so yeah, can anyone shine light on this for me?
Thanks in advance.

It depends on your parents income, and where in the country you study.

I am from a low income family, and was studying in London. I got the maximum which was something like £10k for the year in maintenance loans, grants and long courses loans.
Reply 2
Original post by Knalchemist
It depends on your parents income, and where in the country you study.

I am from a low income family, and was studying in London. I got the maximum which was something like £10k for the year in maintenance loans, grants and long courses loans.

Do you find that sufficient?
I found that more than sufficient.

It covered my accommodation, which is £550 per month. It covered everything I needed it to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending