The Student Room Group

Tesco Job Interview help

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
ive applied for a few jobs in tesco at different branches. i passed the online screening test and it has been over a week and the status still says in process. Has this happened to anyone else if so what did you do?
Reply 81
Reply 82
I have applied for Tesco Dotcom Picker job and any 1 had any interveiw for this role and what type of question were asked
I know this thread is pretty old , I have an interview next week on Wednesday for the customer assistant on checkout role. What are the interviews like for this now ? It's just a temporary contract for over the summer holidays before I go to uni. Will it be a group interview?
Reply 84
Last year I was rejected post-interview by Tesco, and I'm hoping to try again this year.
The thought of these group interviews is quite worrying - (I can be quite shy).
My previous interview had been a solo interview with 2 managers. I'd hope for similar again.
@BeccAhhh - how'd your interview go? Was it group or solo ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nic98
Last year I was rejected post-interview by Tesco, and I'm hoping to try again this year.
The thought of these group interviews is quite worrying - (I can be quite shy).
My previous interview had been a solo interview with 2 managers. I'd hope for similar again.
@BeccAhhh - how'd your interview go? Was it group or solo ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm really shy too , I'm still terrified for the induction days.
Interview went well, got a phone call an hour later offering me the job ! Here's some of the questions for anyone looking. It was a group interview but only two other people were there. Tell me a time you went above an beyond what was expected of you? How do you feel by working in an environment with rules and regulations? When is a time you adapted how you act for someone? When is a time you worked well in a team ?
THE REASON WHY YOU FAIL THE QUESTIONNAIRES IS ........ you fail to give maximum customer service. go back through the questionnaire with the mind set of im going to give the maximum amount of customer service possible. i worked at Tesco for 5 years previously 2007-2013 and i can tell you that all they care about is customer satisfaction period. customer quires always come before your work duties. work duties are always secondary. if possible lead customers to where they would like to go.in the future it is important to have a deep understanding of the industry and job role you are going to apply for. that will in turn determine how you will respond to the questions they ask.
Hi everyone I applied for tesco customer assistant a bit ago and wasn't accepted online I applied again not long ago I had and interview Wednesday just gone it was a group interview and was really fun I was worried about it but I shouldn't of been as everything went smooth you do team work like tower block and they put me on the shop floor with a person who worked there and they sign the sheet and they will give feed back anyway they had the induction the following Saturday I got a call 2 days after the interview and I got the job I did apply for checkout but they asked if I could do anything I said yeah and I got the job doing twilight which is 5pm till midnight I start this Thursday good luck everyone 😁
Original post by Sarahlouise24
Hi everyone I applied for tesco customer assistant a bit ago and wasn't accepted online I applied again not long ago I had and interview Wednesday just gone it was a group interview and was really fun I was worried about it but I shouldn't of been as everything went smooth you do team work like tower block and they put me on the shop floor with a person who worked there and they sign the sheet and they will give feed back anyway they had the induction the following Saturday I got a call 2 days after the interview and I got the job I did apply for checkout but they asked if I could do anything I said yeah and I got the job doing twilight which is 5pm till midnight I start this Thursday good luck everyone 😁

Congrats, I've been working there for almost 4 weeks now on checkout. Everyone is really nice and it's a well paid job 😁
Original post by BeccAhhh
Congrats, I've been working there for almost 4 weeks now on checkout. Everyone is really nice and it's a well paid job 😁

Thank you😁 I actually can't wait to start also when you order your uniform how long does it take arrive and does it arrive in store?? And yes it's well good money
Original post by Sarahlouise24
Thank you😁 I actually can't wait to start also when you order your uniform how long does it take arrive and does it arrive in store?? And yes it's well good money

I ordered mine a few days ago and deliveries are every Monday for my store so I should get it today. You can't order uniform until you have your employee number ! Took 2 weeks to get mine 😊
I ordered mine a few days ago and deliveries are every Monday for my store so I should get it today. You can't order uniform until you have your employee number ! Took 2 weeks to get mine 😊

Thank you hun xx
Reply 92
I got a job in tescos!! Chuffed and can't wait to quit my 0 hours contract job :biggrin:
Original post by Nic98
I got a job in tescos!! Chuffed and can't wait to quit my 0 hours contract job :biggrin:

Congrats!
Reply 94
@BeccAhhh - I'm going to be on checkouts too! How'd the induction days go? What do you do at them? Any advice?
Original post by Nic98
@BeccAhhh - I'm going to be on checkouts too! How'd the induction days go? What do you do at them? Any advice?

They went well! It was full of lots of people doing different jobs, some on dot com, some on night shifts, bakery, checkouts etc.. we basically just watched a whole load of videos about health and safety and how to deal with customers and stuff like that. They discuss uniform, pay, holidays, how to call in if you're ill and anything you need to know really. It's a lot more relaxed and nothing formal ! You also get paid for the induction days which is a bonus 😁
Reply 96
They went well! It was full of lots of people doing different jobs, some on dot com, some on night shifts, bakery, checkouts etc.. we basically just watched a whole load of videos about health and safety and how to deal with customers and stuff like that. They discuss uniform, pay, holidays, how to call in if you're ill and anything you need to know really. It's a lot more relaxed and nothing formal ! You also get paid for the induction days which is a bonus 😁

Getting paid is a nice surprise!! The induction day for me is going to be 7 hours - is it mostly just information/videos/powerpoints ?
I did the online test 3 hours ago and haven't yet received a rejection email, does that mean I passed it?
Original post by Nic98
Getting paid is a nice surprise!! The induction day for me is going to be 7 hours - is it mostly just information/videos/powerpoints ?

Mine was too but it was split between 2 days instead of one long day, basically yeah it is !
Reply 99
Original post by mohammednazir749
Hello everybody, I had a group interview and also they called each individual back to take some details, this was at Tesco extra Middleton on Friday 5th. They said that they will be getting in touch with me within the next 10 days for you to come in and work on the shop floor to get a feel etc... Its been 4 days and I haven't heard anything however, I do still have a couple of days to left to wait, if I do not get a reply I will ring them up. TTH

Shut it Moe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending